SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Removing Geotags from iPhone pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removing Geotags from iPhone pics Login/Join 
Picture of rangeme101
posted
My understanding is that I can go into settings and turn off location services for any future photos. But any current photos have been Geotagged, correct?

So how do you remove current Geotags?

When using a "host" to post pics, like on Sigforum, does the picture from the "host" still have the Geotag?

If "host" pic does still carry Geotag, how do you remove it before posting, from original pic or at the "host" site?

thanks

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I can't answer all of this but definitely turn it off and do not post previous pics taken on the internet.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of cameras now inset lots of metadata.

It is best to clean it out before posting if you want to protect your privacy.

Here is an article that the apple official site references.

https://photoapps.expert/tips/...are-you-over-sharing

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Why is everyone so paranoid in this thread? Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Thanks for link. Not paranoid. Have some things to sell and don't need random folks knowing exactly where I live. It's none of their business. I would rather use my phone for simplicity. Usually I use a digital camera, non gps or wifi type. But then you have to load to computer then host then post. Just easier when direct from phone is available.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of us have had bad experiences with stalkers too!!! You are never the same after it happens. I'll take paranoid ov

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....over being attacked anytime.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No need to make it easier, but the nut cases will find you anyway. Just sayin'.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
I think if you crop or edit the pic in an external photo editor the tag disappears.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Find an Exif Data Removal app. Use it before sharing a given photo.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I post a photo of a successful hunt on a public area, if the geo tags are there, I will probably have unwanted company on my next outing.

But then again, I also don't trust the black helicopters that are following me....l

Posts: 365 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post