SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Appliance Brad - hoses for washing machine...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appliance Brad - hoses for washing machine... Login/Join 
posted
Floodchek hoses - good? Bad? Worth the money? Overkill? Thanks.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with those in particular, but I'd recommend at least ones with a braided jacket. We got calls a few times over the years from people with many.. MANY feet of water in the basement from washing machine lines bursting. Because of this I always shut my water off when I'll be gone over night.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Don't be fooled by braided hoses, make sure the connectors are brass and not plastic,caught one early before any damaged occurred. It cracked where the hose meets the connector.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Fluidma...inless/dp/B00911CIE0

even if you have a drain in the laundry room , these are a good Idea.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54605 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen Brad post since last year. I hope he is doing alright.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I haven't seen Brad post since last year. I hope he is doing alright.

I’m friends on FB with him, I get the impression he’s just extremely busy with work and his ambulance gig.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Good to hear! Thanks!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Floodchek hoses

About ten years ago I installed these in a family member's house. My experience was every time the main water supply valve to the house was shut off, when it was turned back on, one or more fixtures stopped working. Perhaps this was due to turning the water back on too quickly. I do not know if the floodchek lines functioned normally, or if they would have prevented a flood as designed.

I got tired of having to remove and re-attach toilet supply lines and I switched as many as I could to normal braided stainless lines.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The anti flood lines wouldn't work for my HE washer - the valve opens/closes so quickly that the hose would prevent flow at adequate pressure. Pissed me off that the appliance place upsold me on them and then they wouldn't even work - they also wouldn't take them back because they had been 'used'.

Since then I've gone with regular stainless hoses with good heavy ends.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flood sensors suck, as a plumber, believe me, they suck. As mentioned above, little things make them quit. Invest in regular S.S. braided hoses instead. Fluidmaster has not disappointed me yet.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Flood sensors suck, as a plumber, believe me, they suck. As mentioned above, little things make them quit. Invest in regular S.S. braided hoses instead. Fluidmaster has not disappointed me yet.

Would you, as a plumber, recommend replacing them after a given number of years, just on principle? How many years?

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
As a Plumber I always heard lifespan of rubber WM hoses to be 2 years. They usually go much longer but they are the greatest source of residential flooding according to the Insurance Adjustors.
Braided SS is the minimum to use.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post