SIGforum
TSA precheck by mistake?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3910008824

August 13, 2017, 08:25 AM
Ronin1069
TSA precheck by mistake?
I've had it happen to me a few times, I most often notice it when the security lines are beginning to really back up and they need to get people thru.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
August 13, 2017, 09:03 AM
Vanwall
The last couple times my wife and I have traveled we paid extra to get more space. We had precheck on all the flights. Pay more = precheck?
August 13, 2017, 05:11 PM
Russ59
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Yep, I have had it randomly a few times despite never having been through the process.

Conversely I paid the $85 TSA pre check screening in June 2017 and haven't had Pre check on any of the dozen flights I've taken since. Mad

You must be doing something wrong then.

You should've been given a known traveller number which you should be supplying to the airline every time you book a flight.

Or you're flying with an airline that doesn't participate in the program.

Otherwise, if you passed the screening, you should get precheck every single time.

Southwest and Egencia have my known traveler number. It's in my profile. SW says it must be a TSA thing

P229
August 13, 2017, 07:41 PM
nhtagmember
when flying SouthWest, I would get Pre-Check on one leg of every flight

was not signed up, just got it - almost good enough to set a watch by it

I now have Global Entry so its every single trip

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

August 13, 2017, 08:50 PM
Nuclear
Check your profile info that is on file with SW. There was a discrepancy on mine that held up my TSA-Pre on a number of flights. I finally checked with a ticket agent and found out someone had transposed numbers on my birthdate, so it conflicted with the TSA info. Once I got that straightened out, I've gotten it ever since.
August 13, 2017, 09:02 PM
medic451
Just got a random precheck too on my last flight. One of the TSA officers told me it is random, and its really nothing more than a teaser to get you to sign up and pay the fee for precheck status.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"
August 14, 2017, 01:43 PM
SR
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Yep, I have had it randomly a few times despite never having been through the process.

Conversely I paid the $85 TSA pre check screening in June 2017 and haven't had Pre check on any of the dozen flights I've taken since. Mad

You must be doing something wrong then.

You should've been given a known traveller number which you should be supplying to the airline every time you book a flight.

Or you're flying with an airline that doesn't participate in the program.

Otherwise, if you passed the screening, you should get precheck every single time.

Southwest and Egencia have my known traveler number. It's in my profile. SW says it must be a TSA thing

When you call the airline make sure you have the TSA number with you. Then have the airline read the number to you BACKWARDS. I made a transposition error when I typed in my TSA number into the firm's travel portal (which fed the number to multiple airlines when I made reservations). It took me a while to get it fixed in all of the airline databases.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig
August 14, 2017, 02:37 PM
Tommydogg
I've gotten precheck a few times. Never any where when it would be nice like ATL. I had it once in Layfayette LA. The precheck line had five people in it and the regular line had one person.

Beth Greene
August 14, 2017, 03:40 PM
Russ59
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
Check your profile info that is on file with SW. There was a discrepancy on mine that held up my TSA-Pre on a number of flights. I finally checked with a ticket agent and found out someone had transposed numbers on my birthdate, so it conflicted with the TSA info. Once I got that straightened out, I've gotten it ever since.

My bad. The last letter is an X, but I input a K. Crap. Hopefully I get it Wednesday. Ugh.

P229
August 14, 2017, 04:45 PM
MikeGLI
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:

My bad. The last letter is an X, but I input a K. Crap. Hopefully I get it Wednesday. Ugh.

SW wasn't acknowledging mine on mobile passes but they were able to fix at the ticket counter. Haven't flown with them since this incident so I don't know if its fixed. It's worth checking BEFORE you stand in the PreCheck line as I did a week ago only to be turned away. Frown

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
August 14, 2017, 04:59 PM
Russ59
I'm A List Preferred, so it should show up on my boarding pass that I have on my phone......should.

P229