SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field therapy (PEMF)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field therapy (PEMF) Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Anyone with experience with this relatively new technology?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16343 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Looks promising....but you go first. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Dr. Oz.

'nuf said.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Dr. Oz.

'nuf said.

yup.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:

I have a unit on order.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16343 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’d love to hear about your results. I have a sister with chronic pain.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

I have a unit on order.

Link?

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
quote:
quote:

I have a unit on order.

Link?

Check it out here. Disclaimer: there are apparently some quality issues with this company. The unit I'm purchasing is a used one from eBay, supposedly in working condition (we'll see).

If I see any results with the ring, I'll probably look into one of the full mat versions.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw that on “One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest” Eek

Seriously it does sound promising.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I hope it works for you Kevin. As a chronic pain sufferer from neurological pain, I ran my course of 24hr doses of morphine and various opioids for a few years and couldn't deal with the nasty side effects, went cold turkey to get off them. I've found nothing to alleviate the pain when it get's bad, I just sleep if I can, day or night. Pain stinks.

Please let us know if it actually works. My pain is neurological in my left eye so I don't see a device like that working for me.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
My pain is neurological in my left eye so I don't see a device like that working for me.

Why wouldn't it work? Sounds like this is exactly the kind of condition that might be addressed by magnetic therapy.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The renown neuro-opthamologist Dr Norman Schatz at Bask and Palmer told me that the eye is perfectly healthy, just signal damage in the brain from the bleed repair. Thats why I was relegated to Baptist Hosp pain management clinic where I was prescribed all the opiates.

He's an excellent doctor and Professor at the University of Miami. In short he said "Well, you've heard the saying that the pain is all in your head but, in this case it is!" and recommended I go into the pain management. Short of cutting off my head, or putting in a wood or synthetic eye, sleep is the only place I can escape the pain at times. Morphine/opiates manage it to a degree, but it's no way to live.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'm initially pursuing this for neuron regeneration (I have an old traumatic brain injury). I believe it's why I am also in pain. The unit I'm ordering is a magnetic ring that would be perfect for stimulation of the brain.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Dr. Oz.

'nuf said.

yup.

I don’t follow Dr. Oz so I’m legitimately asking...
‘Nuff said as in

1.legit, Dr. Oz is on point.
2.total horseshit, he’s a snake oil salesman.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, Dr. Oz isn't alone in hawking this new treatment. Lots of support on EweTube.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm initially pursuing this for neuron regeneration (I have an old traumatic brain injury). I believe it's why I am also in pain. The unit I'm ordering is a magnetic ring that would be perfect for stimulation of the brain.

A quality cold laser is great for TBI. I usually use the TerraQuant brand, now known as MultiRadiance. You can purchase used ones on ebay for ~$1,500 when they come up from time to time.

Also known as Low Level Light Therapy. An inet search will bring up many research papers on LLLT.

However laser can damage the retina, so if the nerve damage is near the eye, it might not work for you. The TQ lasers with SuperPulsed technology do penetrate up to 2" of tissue, so becareful where they are pointed. TQ lasers are FDA approved, if that matters.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Actually, I think I've got the Light Therapy angle pretty well covered...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you kkina, but I have to say that I think that you're going to be disappointed or that any benefit will be placebo.

Remember about 20-25 years ago when magnet therapy was being hawked to cure everything from migraines to back pain to athlete's foot? They are not a mainstream medical treatment these days for a reason.

I honestly hope it works for you though as I know you suffer and are just trying to find some relief. Please report back and let us know. I, for one, would really like to know how you do with it.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Oh, I do remember, but there is a vast difference between the glorified refrigerator magnets of the past and today's pulsed technology.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure any one thing will cure pain without diet and exercise also playing a part. I don't follow the Tom Brady anti-inflammation diet, but I do notice more muscle pain and allergy symptoms after eating sugar or refined foods, so I'd also throw eating healthy into any treatment.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post