SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help Replacing my EDC Backpack
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Replacing my EDC Backpack Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like the 5.11 24 hour pack. It's just the right size, I got mine on Amazon for under 100 bucks. Looks tactical, though. My daughter carried and LL Bean 80 dollar backpack from sophmore in HS thru college. It took a serious beat down-she's an engineer. Some of those books weighed a ton. Cost a fortune, too. Some in excess of 400 bucks. But I whine.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
Alpha One Niner Evade. The design was aided by members of EDCForums.com (and they're helping with version 2 as well). It's from Helm Ashiblie who has offered some bags here on SF in the past.

http://www.alphaoneniner.com/s...econ9-evade-backpack

Great looking pack and a lot of useful options! They are out of the color I want right now and the price is a bit steep but I’ll definitely keep an eye out for holiday sales or some such coming up.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I like the 5.11 24 hour pack. It's just the right size, I got mine on Amazon for under 100 bucks. Looks tactical, though. My daughter carried and LL Bean 80 dollar backpack from sophmore in HS thru college. It took a serious beat down-she's an engineer. Some of those books weighed a ton. Cost a fortune, too. Some in excess of 400 bucks. But I whine.

Hope she kept those books...they come in handy...

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I've been using a 5.11 All Hazards pack for the last few years, and really like it. It's similar to their Rush 72, but more organization internally, and bright orange inside, which makes it easier to see things. I can fit EVERYTHING inside. They come in two sized, the Prime & the Nitro (72hr & 24hr sizes, respectively). Great packs, worth checking out.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may be controversial but does anybody use these backpacks to CCW to work? When you want to keep it concealed?

Or is that what everybody is talking about?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: matai,

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonB...ef=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Not “Tactical” by any means, but sharp looking and “fits” in an urban environment to include an office setting is my Coach Perforated leather backpack.

I would have never paid the “List” of $595, but at $140 with coupons and discount at the local Coach outlet store it is a nice pack. Four external zippered compartments, one internal zippered compartment, top “duffle” and side-zip main compartment access with HD snaps/straps.

Let’s me carry a lot when I need to without looking athletic/scholastic/tactical.

A stiff piece of plexi with mounted holster in an inside pouch helps it keep shape and keep gun in place for those times when I can’t carry on body.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vertx Courier for me. It’s more of a laptop bag with a shoulder strap. I keep a tourniquet and other stuff in it.

I got mine at Cabelas 2 or 3 years ago. If you have one local to you you may be able to see them before buying. I don’t know if Cabelas still carries them though.

Edit: Cabelas has some online. In-store may have a different selection too.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
I'll recommend the GORUCK GR1 26L. It's made in the USA, has a lifetime warrany, and has a padded laptop compartment that will fit your 17" laptop.

I've used mine for a bunch of their events, and it is still in great condition.

They just had a price increase, but they go on sale from time to time.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I used a Vertx EDC backpack, and really liked it. I think the quality and design is probably the best out there. I now have a 5.11 Covrt 18, and I like it also. The only reason I switched was because I need something with a little more room, and the 5.11 offered that while still having good organization!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
Alpha One Niner Evade. The design was aided by members of EDCForums.com (and they're helping with version 2 as well). It's from Helm Ashiblie who has offered some bags here on SF in the past.

http://www.alphaoneniner.com/s...econ9-evade-backpack

Great looking pack and a lot of useful options! They are out of the color I want right now and the price is a bit steep but I’ll definitely keep an eye out for holiday sales or some such coming up.

Couldn’t wait. Responded to my email within half hour in reference to color selection. Turns out he’d just updated the site right after I had gotten on. Ordered it and rec’d pack today.
Color me impressed! Very good looking, well made, and FUNCTIONAL. This is a top-notch quality item that will last a long time! But then it should for the price, but I feel it was well worth it.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post