SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Travis Co., Tx, NO vests for you!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travis Co., Tx, NO vests for you! Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Deputies Won’t Receive Bulletproof Vests Because Sheriff Doesn’t Want To Work With ICE
Intentionally putting another’s life in jeopardy for political purposes most definitely is deserving of a long prison sentence
Written by Wayne Dupree · 6 days ago
Once again Liberals have no concern for the welfare of Americans. Having the deputies shot and killed is better than deporting an illegal.’
Seniorita Hernandez doesn’t want to comply with Immigrations and Customs Enforcement? Surprise, surprise. Stop allowing multi-national third world people and advocates to populate the ranks of our administrations! Doing so is national suicide.
Sheriffs are supposed to enforce the law, that is their job. I assume that this sheriff took an oath to that effect after she was elected. Now she refuses to sign a letter pledging to enforce the law. Is this not grounds for impeachment? A sheriff does not have the right to decide which laws to enforce and which ones to ignore. This sheriff is the one making a political statement, not the governor.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced in January that Texas would fund $23 million in grants to purchase new vests for approximately 450 law enforcement agencies around the state. KXAN-TV reports:
Travis County did not apply for the grant because one condition from the governor’s office required the agency to “sign a letter confirming compliance with ICE detainer requests both now and during the grant term of at least one year,” according to Travis County Commissioner’s Court records.
The recommendations from the state said, “It is anticipated the number of fatal shootings will be reduced by equipping more officers with type III & IV body armor.”
Intentionally putting another’s life in jeopardy for political purposes most definitely is deserving of a long prison sentence – she has arguably committed an act of domestic terrorism, by its very definition.

If Sheriff Hernandez loses an officer whose life could have been saved by one of these vests, I hope there is a special place in HeII for her. I also hope there is someone in the officer’s family willing to send her there prematurely.
She is playing politics with these men’s lives. But then again, it is not unlike her Washington counterparts who lets the Government shut down over the DACA illegal immigrants. These Democrats are firmly in it for the manufacture of immigrant voters.

https://www.waynedupree.com/de...=right-rail-trending

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
All I can come up with is Travis county folk elected a damn fool for sheriff

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, she's a damn fool. Luckily, there are other avenues for grant money for vests, so hopefully they can still acquire them through another route.

And it sounds like the Texas grant is specifically for Level III and IV armor, which is supplemental hard armor plates for tactical/active shooter-style situations. Not the soft body armor that they almost certainly already have and wear every day.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
It would also appear that existing deputies have vests already, implying that they simply need to keep using their old stuff.

The Sheriff needs to go.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Travis County. Nuf said. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Travis county property taxes being what they are, I would think that the county could equip their LEOs with new vests.

If that was a priority for them. Which it obviously isn't.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Sheriff Hernandez loses an officer

Seniorita Hernandez doesn’t want to comply with Immigrations and Customs Enforcement?

Name says a lot.

If her policies cause the loss of an officer's life she should be tried for voluntary manslaughter. If not complicit in 1st degree murder.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story is a little misleading. The grant is for rifle rated plate carriers not your daily soft body armour.

Either way she is still a royal @unt.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Don't know much about our current interim Sheriff, but the previous one was awful!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
The Sheriff's position on this issue is reprehensible, however, I feel that anyone working in LE today who doesn't wear a vest merely because it it not provided is taking a very short-sighted viewpoint.

Vests were relatively new when I began working and when I found out that they were not provided, I researched, sought out and purchased my own. Several of the guys hired at the same time I was followed suit and after one was shot in the abdomen while working secondary, there was a sudden increase in interest from a large number of the more senior officers. It's all about how much your life is worth to you.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or even plates for that matter.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I bet the K9's get vests.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
And the 5th Circuit found SB4 legit.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post