SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sole Treadmills
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sole Treadmills Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
The wife and I are thinking about purchasing a Sole F80 treadmill. I am looking for input from those who might have experience with them. We are just looking to stay healthy, not interested in running the Boston marathon anytime soon.

Thanks in advance

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
F85 owner here. It's a quality unit which I love and use 2-3 times/wk. I don't run anymore due to bad knees, but the 15 degree incline is great for walking.

It is a very heavy unit though, so think through how you will get it to it's final location and assembled. They drop-shipped ours and we had to use furniture dollies to thread the base through the hallway turns.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I recommend them. I've had an F83 for almost 10 years. I'm not a high mileage user (20 miles a week at most) but I do use it every week. About a year ago the surface of the deck cracked and I had that and the belt replaced. Sole sent me the deck for free under warranty but I paid for a new belt. Technically, the belt didn't need replacement but I wanted to replace both at the same time.

Other than that, the only regular maintenance is to lubricate it every so often as described in the manual. The lube looks like a standard liquid silicone but rather than try to find a substitute I buy it directly from Sole.

Their phone support is good too.

Good point about delivery. I paid extra to have it moved to a room in the 2nd floor of my house. There is no way my wife and I would have been able to do it. After that it was just a matter of attaching the arms and the display which was easy (that part I did myself).

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My wife likes her F80 we just got. Very quiet and easy to use. Smooth belt and deck. Added bells and whistles didn't matter to her.

From my perspective, it's one heavy bastard that came in a massive box. It takes up a fair amount of room when down.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Ours is going 8 years strong with no issues.
I would not look elsewhere.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
F85 owner here. It's a quality unit which I love and use 2-3 times/wk. I don't run anymore due to bad knees, but the 15 degree incline is great for walking.

It is a very heavy unit though, so think through how you will get it to it's final location and assembled. They drop-shipped ours and we had to use furniture dollies to thread the base through the hallway turns.

Man, you sound almost like me.
F85. Final location in living room, in front of the big screen. 15 incline (max) at 3 mph for 1 hour is better than running 5 mph for 1 hour on flat surface. I wish they had made the inclination higher.

To me, the only negative about the thing is the fan is really weak. You almost feel like there's nothing coming out.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Ours worked great for us for 10+ years. Finally had to replace it and went with a NordicTrack, we both liked the Sole better.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
we have had one for about 8 years and it is exceptional. I weigh 350 so it can take a bigger guy but I just need to log more miles on it. Wife does more time on it than I but less than the laundry does.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:

Former district manager at Sears here. Sole was the one treadmill that never got returned or requests for service calls.

Yes, they are FREEKING heavy...but I've been using my F85 for years now and it never disappoints.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
just don't put it in the bedroom, it will end up holding clothes.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
15 incline (max) at 3 mph for 1 hour is better than running 5 mph for 1 hour on flat surface. I wish they had made the inclination higher.

To me, the only negative about the thing is the fan is really weak. You almost feel like there's nothing coming out.

Agree with the 15 degree limitation, but have been thinking about putting a 2x4 (or 4x6 ??) board under the front legs to make it higher. The only reason I haven't done this is because I don't have a block and tackle rig to lift it up. Big Grin

And the fan? Apparently it was designed only for looks and noise, not to actually put a breeze in your face. That's my only (very minor) gripe about the entire unit. I use the ceiling fan to keep the sweaty air moving around the room.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the input. I appreciate it.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post