SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
PP sent to Artie.

Best of luck Tony

Posts: 771 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks to ArtieS for running these donations.

My modest check will be in the mail tomorrow.

Best of luck Tonyny!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My donation is on the way Tony. You will come out of this.

Thanks Artie and Para for spearheading this effort.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small contribution sent.

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
It's things like this that make me proud to be a member of this forum.

I can't help financially at the moment unfortunately Tony but just let me say that I hope and pray that you have brighter days ahead. Could be worse, you could be in Vermont like me hunkered down in the middle of a giant snow storm. Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I have no idea how to contribute via PayPal. I have an account but only one payment is scheduled from it. If someone could tell me how this is done I'd be happy to contribute. I don't want to send a check to the attorney listed on the first page because I don't have his client's full name.

flashguy

• Go to PayPal site Paypal
  • Click on "Pay or Send Money" towards the upper right of the page
  • Click on "Send to Friends and Family in the US" This eliminates the percentage Paypal charges for it's service.
  • Type in "Artslowe@Gmail.com"in the Email, Mobile Number or name field
  • Type in your donation amount (NOTE: You have to type in the zeros. I once meant to send $50.00 to a forum member and accidentally
    sent $5 instead because I didn't type in the zeros correctly. Big Grin
  • Click the "Add a Note" button.
  • Type "Donation for Tony Ny" or something Similar
  • Click Continue (You may have to scroll down to see it)

That's it. At least I think it is. I had another window open and went thru the process step by step to ensure accuracy but used my own email address for test purposes. It turns out you cannot send money to yourself.

• I'm in, thanks for setting this all up.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
    Picture of 2Adefender
    posted Hide Post
    Tony, good luck and hang in there. I'm traveling but will get a check out when I return. Happy to assist.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Washing machine whisperer
    Picture of Appliance Brad
    posted Hide Post
    PP donation sent via Artie.

Tony hang in there, better days are coming.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Cobra21
    posted Hide Post
    Hmm...sorry if I've overlooked it, but what is the PayPal account to send funds?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of arflattop
    posted Hide Post
    God will carry you through the hard times. You are in my prayers.

Artie, sent money through PayPal. Thanks for being point person on this. Very generous of you!

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cobra21:
    Hmm...sorry if I've overlooked it, but what is the PayPal account to send funds?

Here you go, 2nd post, 1st page.

artslowe(at)gmail.com

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    For real?
    Picture of Chowser
    posted Hide Post
    Hang in there Tony. You will get through this.

Send PP to ArtieS forum email

I sent as friend/family. Hopefully PP leaves you alone.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Tony,you'll get through this. Hang tough!
    Artie-PP sent to your account.

Posts: 114 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Muzzle flash
    aficionado
    Picture of flashguy
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parallel:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rotndad:
    quote:
    Originally posted by flashguy:
    I have no idea how to contribute via PayPal. I have an account but only one payment is scheduled from it. If someone could tell me how this is done I'd be happy to contribute. I don't want to send a check to the attorney listed on the first page because I don't have his client's full name.

flashguy

• Go to PayPal site Paypal
  • Click on "Pay or Send Money" towards the upper right of the page
  • Click on "Send to Friends and Family in the US" This eliminates the percentage Paypal charges for it's service.
  • Type in "Artslowe@Gmail.com"in the Email, Mobile Number or name field
  • Type in your donation amount (NOTE: You have to type in the zeros. I once meant to send $50.00 to a forum member and accidentally
    sent $5 instead because I didn't type in the zeros correctly. Big Grin
  • Click the "Add a Note" button.
  • Type "Donation for Tony Ny" or something Similar
  • Click Continue (You may have to scroll down to see it)

That's it. At least I think it is. I had another window open and went thru the process step by step to ensure accuracy but used my own email address for test purposes. It turns out you cannot send money to yourself.

• I'm in, thanks for setting this all up.
    I just followed this procedure and it appears to have worked. Thanks for the instructions.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Cobra21
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cobra21:

Here you go, 2nd post, 1st page.

artslowe(at)gmail.com

Got it. Thanks. Funds sent!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Check is in the mail, hope it helps.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ersatzknarf
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you, Para and Art.

PP sent to Art's gmail address.

Please hang in there, Tony!

Never having had siblings, this wonderful place has also taught me the meaning of brotherhood.

God bless you, brother Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks to the folks helping him out locally, and for getting the info to allow sending a little something along just now.

Selling some items dug out of closet and this is the best use of some money in my PayPal account, for sure.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of HighZonie
    posted Hide Post
    I thought I saw a post by Tonyny after a his visit from Rotndad and ArtieS a day or two ago. I think he mentioned having received the razor from Artie.

I want to review the post for any comments on how his is doing. Does anyone know where the post is?

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
    "Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
    - Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    After having sent money to his PayPal account, it occurred to me:

Has anybody made sure he's updated his password/controls there and his soon to be ex isn't controlling that as well and raking in all the Sigforum money? And made sure his PayPal is linked to an account he controls, not the both of them???

Sure it sounds crazy, but she's mad/crazy enough to shut off the phone for a man in the hospital. That says a lot I think.

edit to add - looked back and I had used Artslow address as mentioned in an earlier post.

Para - you might want to update/summarize the original post with relevant items, requests, etc.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post