SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
This got weird.

Yup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
a restraining order after contested hearing

As things go, not contested much. Tony appeared at the hearing unrepresented by counsel. She was.

Beyond that, in looking at the dockets, the dates match. As stated previously, those orders are sometimes sought to gain an upper hand in the divorce process. And Judges like to err on the side of caution.

quote:
Just wanted to defend myself here. I'm done.

Good, be done. I'm certain your lawyer would appreciate that.

Regardless, think about this. Is there a possibility that swampcritterbabe is your ex?

Fish? Hook? Bite?

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was not if but when someone would sgow up and start drama. This is a divorce, the spouses know each otgers habits. It was only a matter of time till the spouse or the spouses agent would show up and read what has been done here.

All accusations, are just that. I helped because a man needed it. No matter how this goes, no matter the final outcome we housed man in need.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cliff notes please.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
quote:
a restraining order after contested hearing

As things go, not contested much. Tony appeared at the hearing unrepresented by counsel. She was.

Beyond that, in looking at the dockets, the dates match. As stated previously, those orders are sometimes sought to gain an upper hand in the divorce process. And Judges like to err on the side of caution.

quote:
Just wanted to defend myself here. I'm done.

Good, be done. I'm certain your lawyer would appreciate that.

Regardless, think about this. Is there a possibility that swampcritterbabe is your ex?

Fish? Hook? Bite?

That or one of her kids. Google didn't turn up any hits.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
My comment that Tony should not be handling firearms was not meant to be snide or nasty. If you are at home and you shoot a book on the floor, and then an ND round goes into the bathroom door-- those are signs that it's time to lock your guns up for a while. This is just not a good time for you to be handling firearms.

Like most of us who did not really know Tony, I responded to Para's urging that a member here needed financial help. Para is an exceedingly generous man, and we are the recipients of his generosity every day. The same spirit of generosity with which he runs this forum compelled him to pass along Tony's plight. Generosity is a great quality, and I have no qualms about having helped out a bit, and no need to try to parse it all out here--who is right about this, who said or did that. Who cares?

Tony did not run a scam, I feel sure of that. The details of his situation are complex and messy, which is not unusual in divorce, especially a divorce compounded by serious health issues. I'm glad this forum is a place of such generosity, and I'm glad that some of that went Tony's way.

I wish you the best, Tony. Put the guns away for a while, tend to your health, and get through this nasty divorce. Smile

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That or one of her kids.

Someone at her direction and urging?

It's all the same. Both in effect and, possibly, consequence.

No bite, no hook, no fish.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Joe I'm being framed.I was desperate and scared and hence emailed Para for help. I posted about the ND when it happened not knowing her plans to use it against me

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm being framed.

Yes. It's not like it has never happened before.

Remember. No bite, no hook, no fish.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
Wow. This is about to get weird.

Indeed!!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
I have resisted posting until now. I too was one of the early responders to this request from Para. Tony, your not doing yourself any favors responding to every criticism that comes up. Considering your somewhat precarious situation anything you post can and will be used against you. The post by Anya seems to bear this out. Anyway good luck and god bless. Please take good care of those 2 furbabies.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's in the threads, I just read the first page but I would love to help. Please let me know how I can help.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joe I'm being framed.

I think most members here have a pretty good idea of what is going on, Tony. At this point, probably the less you say without consulting directly with an attorney, the better.

Tend to your health. Get through the divorce as best you can. The road beyond all that will be brighter.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Tony,

You have no need to defend yourself here, to us.

You only need to defend yourself in your divorce, and all of that, I mean all of it should be done with absolute discretion.

I am betting very few here know I went through one. It served no good purpose to put any of it on any public venue.

You have enough private channels and people with whom you can discuss things.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can, and will, be used against you..."

Now hush about this or anything that gives aid, comfort and benefit to your enemy.

And go find things that get your mind of this. It's a stew pot, and it "cooks" at the speed it will, you cannot push it along or brood it like
an egg.

And to anyone who feels compelled to jump on the "it's weird" wagon.

Exercise some self control and refrain.

Anyone ever having gone through anything like this knows it does Tony no good, no enlightens your mind, and those who never have, may God keep you from such things. It's the best blessing I can present.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
My comment that Tony should not be handling firearms was not meant to be snide or nasty. If you are at home and you shoot a book on the floor, and then an ND round goes into the bathroom door-- those are signs that it's time to lock your guns up for a while. This is just not a good time for you to be handling firearms.

Like most of us who did not really know Tony, I responded to Para's urging that a member here needed financial help. Para is an exceedingly generous man, and we are the recipients of his generosity every day. The same spirit of generosity with which he runs this forum compelled him to pass along Tony's plight. Generosity is a great quality, and I have no qualms about having helped out a bit, and no need to try to parse it all out here--who is right about this, who said or did that. Who cares?

Tony did not run a scam, I feel sure of that. The details of his situation are complex and messy, which is not unusual in divorce, especially a divorce compounded by serious health issues. I'm glad this forum is a place of such generosity, and I'm glad that some of that went Tony's way.

I wish you the best, Tony. Put the guns away for a while, tend to your health, and get through this nasty divorce. Smile

Well stated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey speaks wisdom, as usual.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
^^^

Tony,

You have no need to defend yourself here, to us.

You only need to defend yourself in your divorce, and all of that, I mean all of it should be done with absolute discretion.

I am betting very few here know I went through one. It served no good purpose to put any of it on any public venue.

You have enough private channels and people with whom you can discuss things.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can, and will, be used against you..."

Now hush about this or anything that gives aid, comfort and benefit to your enemy.

And go find things that get your mind of this. It's a stew pot, and it "cooks" at the speed it will, you cannot push it along or brood it like
an egg.

And to anyone who feels compelled to jump on the "it's weird" wagon.

Exercise some self control and refrain.

Anyone ever having gone through anything like this knows it does Tony no good, no enlightens your mind, and those who never have, may God keep you from such things. It's the best blessing I can present.

Very wise words. Especially for Tony.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

For the mid-30s and older men who get divorced, beware that its a fucking jungle (or swamp) out there.

Plenty of women ready to throw themselves at you right after they've jumped out of one relationship into another. I'm sure guys must do it as well, but IME women can get more 'frantic' to find someone the older they get.

You can find yourself in love one night, and by the morning you are wishing she didn't know your name / number / make / model / home address...

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Stay frosty, gents.

I always look forward to hearing whatever Rhino has to say. That guy has life figured out and is spot on when he assesses a situation.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post