SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member Login/Join 
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
The ND happened on 12/23 yet she slept in the same bed as me for 2 weeks after and not ONCE called 911? On xmas eve she asked for a photo of her and me. The day AFTER the ND. A photo I saved.

In the order of protection her last line for not calling 911 was she "didn't think the police would believe her". You do the math.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Where did the swampcritterbabe go? One post and out?

(Capisco.)

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Because she's used to me deleting emails but thankfully I saved those. I have been here for years and now I would make this shit up? First shot went into the Capone book and the 2nd into the laundry room door as I attempted to unload the gun. Recall the thread I posted. She even puttied the door and wall the same day.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the entire thread and I can't make a determination on what's actual fact. This is why I'm slow to assist another person when they're asking for help. I'd rather assist someone who's NOT asking for it but who is someone who clearly needs it in my eyes.

Case in point....stumbled upon a person in a car forum going through some tough times. I reached out to this person and learned that they were a single parent of 2 and just succeeded in battling and defeating cancer. I was able to substantiate their "story". Anyway, when Christmas came around, this person told me what they planned on getting their 2 kids for Christmas.
In my eyes, it was not enough so, I asked this person for their address because I wanted to send them a Christmas card. I did so and inserted a U.S.Postal money order. I told that person to take that money and to spend it on the kids.......make their Christmas a little bit brighter.
That was a rare thing for me to do. I NEVER give money to people I do not know because, I feel if you're asking for it, it's not legit. I'll give to others who I think may benefit from it.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Well this has taken a turn. Not sure where it's going but more drama then I would bring into my life there days.

Best wishes to the OP and hope all works out.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striperkid:
I read the entire thread and I can't make a determination on what's actual fact.

No one outside of the OP knows for certain what is absolute fact. But quite frankly, I don't need to know. Some days you just have to have trust in someone. I'm not one to put my trust in a lot of people, but I recognize that it's a sad thing to go through life never trusting anyone. It's a case by case basis. A risk vs reward type thing.

So take Tony. This instance for me was a no brainer. If it all turns out to be bull, what did I really lose? Absolutely nothing in the whole scheme of things. But a person who is truly in need can benefit greatly from such a small act. Like I said, risk vs reward.

No matter how this all turns out, I won't regret for a second my contribution. Not even a second. Not in this case.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
This got weird.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
This got weird.

Yeah, but to be fair, whenever you bring a swampcritterbabe to the party, things are bound to get a little weird.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
The settlement will not be decided in this thread. Don't tip your hand and possibly give her an advantage. Those here who know you, know you. People like me who don't (and haven't contributed), don't need the details. I only hope for the best of outcomes for all those involved.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
The settlement will not be decided in this thread. Don't tip your hand and possibly give her an advantage. Those here who know you, know you. People like me who don't (and haven't contributed), don't need the details.

Yep.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The only thing I know for sure is that you shouldn't be handling firearms, Tony. Seriously.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I've kinda always looked at giving like serving a dish..I'll serve it up and leave it to God to sprinkle on the spices. I've never regreted helping another in need, or sometimes I get a feeling placed on my heart that seems almost as random as it could get. Those are usually the best, and just leave the spices up to God.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to defend myself here. I'm done.

NRA Life Member

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
This got weird.

+1

It started out about a disabled, hospital-bound, elderly, needy member with no family.

Now, we hear about a restraining order after contested hearing according to the court docket. Then, we hear of one negligent discharge into a Capone book and another into a laundry room door while trying to unload a firearm.

Yea. Weird.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
These are my dogs. Note the wheelchair and my feet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tonyny,

NRA Life Member

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Cute pups Tony Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:
This got weird.

+1

It started out about a disabled, hospital-bound, elderly, needy member with no family.

Now, we hear about a restraining order after contested hearing according to the court docket. Then, we hear of one negligent discharge into a Capone book and another into a laundry room door while trying to unload a firearm.

Yea. Weird.

The ND's were not a new revelation to many of us. Those instances were hashed out in older threads, and Tony took his lumps for them pretty hard from the membership. Not the least of that criticism came from me in fact (I was pretty harsh), but unless those ND's turn out to be something else, I don't believe that we need to revisit that criticism here.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:
This got weird.

+1

Yea. Weird.

The ND's were not a new revelation to many of us. Those instances were hashed out in older threads, and Tony took his lumps for them pretty hard from the membership. Not the least of that criticism came from me in fact (I was pretty harsh), but unless those ND's turn out to be something else, I don't believe that we need to revisit that criticism here.

I remember those, it's not a revelation at all. The only new information is that there was a restraining order. I also saw the pic of the dogs and the wheel chair. I'll reserve judgment on any member of this forum given the nastiness of divorce. My ex wrote a much more scathing email to all of my friends and old fraternity brothers when she decided to leave me, 99.9% of which was not true. I'll hope this is the same case here.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I have not commented prior to this, but I wish you well. A restraining order is common in divorces when one person is vindictive or trying to get the upper hand. Without going into details, I know first hand they can be bullshit. A common ploy that can be utilized by the other sides attorney without any substance to it. All it takes is one side to say they're fearful. No proof needed.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
It just seems more weird now. Tonyny says he shot the Capone book on purpose.

Don't be mistaken, I have personally handled literally thousands of DV restraining order issues. I am familiar with the general lay of the land. Each state has its own rules on such things but it is not uncommon to have those orders granted to be on the safe side - despite what due process may require.

I did not know of the other thread about what I thought was two NDs that are now, perhaps, one literary criticism and one ND. Wink

I am sure the members who visited Tonyny saw what he claimed. There was just a lot of missing context in the beginning.

Divorce is rarely a pleasant thing - especially when abuse allegations are made.

I still agree that this thread turned weird. The last thing I was expecting was a statement about an on purpose shot into a Capone book followed by an ND while unloading a firearm.

I searched for the former thread before I last posted but could not find it. I have no interest in pursuing it in this thread. The domestic violence restraining order after a contested hearing may explain why the wife seems to have been given more power in what may be happening.

An attorney from his state would know more about what Tonyny may be facing and why. But, a thread on the internet is not the best or proper place to work out the nuances.

Sigfest is entirely correct that some may use a DV allegation to get the upper hand in many states.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post