SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My mother called inquiring about Black Rifle Coffee Company
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My mother called inquiring about Black Rifle Coffee Company Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I love my mom to death but she has lived quite the sheltered life and lives in quite the bubble and does not always have the greatest grasp on reality. Which sometimes is not a bad thing.
So she called inquiring about Black Rifle Coffee.
There was actually a pretty good spot on the CBS Morning Show Spotlighting them.
Black Rifle Coffee Company

Now if you are familiar with BRCC their advertising caters to single, masculine, guys, doing lots of single guy masculine shit to say the least. And this is a world that my mother has NO grasp of reality when it comes to that stuff.
Now the CBS spotlight is very tame so she called wanting to figure out where she could order and learn more.
I can’t stand coffee so I have never had the stuff. I am very familiar with their platform and know lots of folks who love the stuff so I presume if I drank coffee I would buy theirs.

So I told her to buy it and see if she likes it but please please please do not look any further. The CBS spot did a great summary of the business and their platform. Their advertising is however in no way shape or form catered towards you so don’t bother looking.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The local outfit that sells it assures you that you won't be harassed by any liberal putz when buying your coffee at their store. Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Your description is accurate. It is good coffe and so far seems to have a solid reputation on their donations. They make a few styles for the Kurig as well, though more expensive than say Green Mountain.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just tell her to NOT watch their commercials.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Their coffee rocks.

Their whiskey (lead slingers) sucks.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 bags right before Christmas (gave one away).
It was OK coffee but nothing special.
Maybe because it was already ground (I like to grind myself) and it was in a local retail store (so no telling how old it was).
Not giving up and the company and story is solid.
PS also heard an ad on Hannity for them.
Their YouTube ads are incredible.
Probably going to stick with a couple of local roasters for now.
YMMV

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I bought 4 bags right before Christmas (gave one away).
It was OK coffee but nothing special.
Maybe because it was already ground (I like to grind myself) and it was in a local retail store (so no telling how old it was).
Not giving up and the company and story is solid.
Just checked their website and they do sell whole beans. Getting it shipped in Houston's "winter" might taste better than having it shipped the other 9 months of the year.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Some of their blends are meh. My favorite though is Caffeinated As F*k. Not overly caffeinated by any means, although two cups is enough for the day for me. It is a good tasting dark roast.

However, it seems per the reviews that the blend name tends to trigger those with young children around.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Just tell her to NOT watch their commercials.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/u6QnIyhtfRM

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I’m a BRCC coffee club member. Their Snipers Hide and Silencer Smooth are fantastic blends!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I’m a BRCC coffee club member. Their Snipers Hide and Silencer Smooth are fantastic blends!

Tony.

I read those are their lightest blends which is what Mom likes so I suggested those to her.

————————————————

10 November, 1775
Picture of MarinetoRN
posted Hide Post
I bought several bags to give away at christmas. Unlike you and your mom, I encouraged my friends to watch the commercials Smile

SiGArm'd

P220ST X2, 1911 Revolution, P245, P229 RTTEQ/ST .40 X2, P226ST, Mosquito
Other weaponry not SIG

Glocks are ugly.
I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: August 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Tony.

I read those are their lightest blends which is what Mom likes so I suggested those to her.

They pack a good amount of caffiene as well. More than I was expecting.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I will second everything benny6 is saying. My two personal favorites are silencer smooth and snipers hide and yes they pack a punch. I have brewed coffee for a lot of my family and they all ask where I get it Cool my family is cheap so they just keep going on drinking their crap but whenever they see me, they ask if I brought any to brew.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
If your mother is not used to profanity, you may want to give her a heads up regarding their CAF blend and what CAF means.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
If your mother is not used to profanity, you may want to give her a heads up regarding their CAF blend and what CAF means.

Already steered her towards Snipers Hide and Silencer Smooth so we should be good.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I am not a coffee drinker but this is making me want to buy a bag and try some coffee.

————————————————

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I am not a coffee drinker but this is making me want to buy a bag and try some coffee.

Do it. I really didn't have a taste for coffee. Even while I was in the military, I wouldn't touch the stuff. Always too bitter, gritty, or otherwise shitty. Got the hankering for some coffee one day a few years ago, grabbed an AeroPress and some Black Rifle Coffee and haven't looked back. I'm one happy camper now (after my 2nd or 3rd cup anyway Wink)

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife ordered some k-cups. I had seen the Black Rifle threads here but hadn't paid much attention. Now neither of us are prudes but when they came she wasn't happy about the CAF Logo on the pod. Basically because of family and grandkids. Had to put them up in the cabinet.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Check out youtube channel MBest11x. Mat Best is one of the guys behind the BRCC project. He doesn't post as much these days but some of his old videos are freakin' hilarious!

He was also behind the low budget movie "Range 15." Silly but fun movie to watch. Caters well to veterans.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post