SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is it ok to discuss the Pittsburgh synagogue incident now?
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is it ok to discuss the Pittsburgh synagogue incident now? Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:
It about a 2 block walk to an elementary school. I shudder to think if he had considered that as another soft target.

According to the shooter, he was targeting affiliates of migrant facilitators. Not random at all.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
As a Jew, It amazes me that most of us are anti-gun, including my family. Arm up & watch your six.

In my early childhood, my family was the only one in the neighborhood that was not Jewish, and to this day I cannot understand the mindset.

"Never Forget!"

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
The gunman lives in the area I work. It about a 2 block walk to an elementary school. I shudder to think if he had considered that as another soft target. It’s a good drive to where the shooting occurred.

I’m now sure how LEO’s show restraint, and let the man survive with a minor gunshoot wound.

This scofflaw obviously never heard of the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1995.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
According to the shooter, he was targeting affiliates of migrant facilitators. Not random at all.
As I'd posted in another thread, this is the beginning of what can happen when government refuses to serve and support the citizens who elected them. This guy is likely nuts, but if government stays on its current path of directly contradicting the will of the people, more and more of these folks will come out of the wood work thinking they'll fix the problems themselves. No Bueno.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
It about a 2 block walk to an elementary school. I shudder to think if he had considered that as another soft target.

The elementary school has had a very large influx of "nationalized citizens". Enough that enrollment is up by around 40%. But given his anti-Semitism beliefs, he wanted a soft target to inflict the maximum amount of damage, that coincided with his beliefs.

Fucker should be dead. Not sitting in a hospital.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Report This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
As a Jew, It amazes me that most of us are anti-gun, including my family. Arm up & watch your six.

I never cease to be amazed at how many(most?) of my Jewish friends are Democratic supporters. Except for a few, including one US citizen who served in the Israeli military, it seems to be nearly as universal as African Americans.

Always wondered about this myself.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
And the murderous fuck will be judged "sane" while law-abiding gun owners will be collectively judged mentally ill for wanting to exercise our natural right to be armed to defend ourselves against a world filled with bad things.

Who's judging us?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
And the murderous fuck will be judged "sane" while law-abiding gun owners will be collectively judged mentally ill for wanting to exercise our natural right to be armed to defend ourselves against a world filled with bad things.

Who's judging us?

Democrats, MSM, those who are too fucking stupid to figure out that we're the good guys...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Guns in church?
Absolutely!!!!!!!

The problem is that most of them, at least in suburbia, have signs like this:

My gun doesn't look a thing like that. I'm sure I'm ok. #concealedisinvisible.

Mine either good call!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When I grew up in Chicago 70 years ago the slogan was “Every Jew a 22”. Joined the ROTC in high school and we had a range in the basement of the school. Learned the weapons and joined the service after graduation. This was during Korea.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
This is very tragic. That is why I always carry, when I legally can. Espcially when we go to church. I always feel that churches (whatever denomination) is always a target for nutcase and terrorists. I honestly don’t understand why the suspect is still alive. Civillians are dead. Cops were injured. No reason for this POS to be alive.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Guns in church?
Absolutely!!!!!!!

The problem is that most of them, at least in suburbia, have signs like this:

My gun doesn't look a thing like that. I'm sure I'm ok. #concealedisinvisible.

Concealed means concealed.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Whenever something like this occurs it like a kick in the nuts to all Americans.It does not matter if the victims are white like in Las Vegas,Black like in the South Carolina church shooting,Jewish,or Amish school children.

It still racks your being every time it happens and it is an attack on us all.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
They say this guy had a "license to carry" on the Judge Jeanine Fox program

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nra-life-member:
They say this guy had a "license to carry" on the Judge Jeanine Fox program

Wow, so that imply no criminal record, would it not?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

Wow, so that imply no criminal record, would it not?

Yes it would imply that - assuming all databases that are checked were current.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Does anyone personally know an antisemite?

It's too easy to focus on the guns portion of this, because that is where the Left goes, such that it suits their purposes.

Why don't we talk about the root cause?

People who hate Jews. Do you know one? Have you told them they're a fucker?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
When I grew up in Chicago 70 years ago the slogan was “Every Jew a 22”...

I forgot about that. Thanks for jogging my memory.

My two reactions to that at the time were, first, "Great idea!" and second, "Why just a .22?"

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Absolutely. And he’s a blood relative.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Absolutely. And he’s a blood relative.

Ok. Tell him he's a piece of shit for me.

Really though, how do we fix it?

The Muslim "distaste" for the Jew is a different kind of problem. Everybody else, what is the root of the hate for Jews, and how do we fix it?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post