SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robert Mueller and James Comey have made the FBI a threat to democracy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Mueller and James Comey have made the FBI a threat to democracy Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“The FBI under Robert Mueller undermined public confidence in justice while James Comey nearly destroyed it completely, a new book claims.

Ex-FBI agent Mike German, a 16 year veteran of law enforcement, writes the former directors of the bureau turned it into a 'lawless law enforcer'.

In Disrupt, Discredit, and Divide: How the New FBI Damages Democracy, German says: 'The FBI has systemic problems that, left unchecked, make the bureau a threat to the very democracy it is intended to serve'.

In a damning history of the FBI, German claims that Mueller, who later became the Special Counsel in the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, wanted to 'remake the FBI in his own image' with no room for dissent.

He threw out the safeguards that were brought in by the Church Committee in 1975 and brought about a 'new era of abuse' against citizens…”

https://mol.im/a/7423843

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
They both belong in prison.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
"Under Comey, who took office in 2013, the FBI quietly removed 'law enforcement' from its mission statement. It now reads: 'To protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States'"

If law enforcement isn't the primary mission of a police agency, how can they be expected to follow the rule of law? If they can't, then what's the difference between the FBI and the KGB?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Mueller, Comey, and the FBI itself, are only symptoms of a much bigger problem that poses an eminent danger to the future of this country....An enormous, overreaching, all powerful, federal government. The founders knew if the federal government were to grow large enough, it would crowd out freedom nationwide, hence the reason they built the constitution the way they did. And we're almost at that point today. If the federal government continues to grow, there will be no stopping its destruction of this country.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
It's always been politically ran enforcement agency.

Remember Bonnie and Clyde.
WW2 and the Japanese.

Shouldn't be surprised they've become polarised toward the powerful.

Now they are the SS of America since the CIA lawfully can't be.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Remember Bonnie and Clyde.
The FBI had nothing to do with putting the brakes on Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker. Two retired Texas Rangers, two members of the Dallas County (Texas) Sheriff's Department, and the Sheriff of Biennville Parish (Louisiana) and one of his deputys apprehended them.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shouldn't be surprised they've become polarised toward the powerful.Now they are the SS of America since the CIA lawfully can't be. Posts: 649 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016parabellumPeace throughsuperior firepower posted September 04, 2019 04:31 PM
WHEN are we ever going to prosecute anyone in government? So damn tired of these people in government breaking the laws with all kinds of finger pointing, investigations etc. yet no one serves time!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the fbi was started by a cross-dressin fag that liked to "wrestle" with his assistant.

And not just yeah, but HELL YEAH, those to smug assholes need to be in prison. Leave them in Gen-Pop for a while.

I've worked with a handful of 3 letter law enforcement agencies over the past years. No one is really fond of the fbi. Ain't too many of them I trust.
Yes, there are agents that work their ass off, doing the right thing. But like most agencies, those peoples are usually the ones in the trenches, getting their hands dirty. Rarely those types rise to Special Agent in Charge. Unfortunately, part of the process of rising to that level involves "playing politics".

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
quote:
Shouldn't be surprised they've become polarised toward the powerful.Now they are the SS of America since the CIA lawfully can't be. Posts: 649 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016parabellumPeace throughsuperior firepower posted September 04, 2019 04:31 PM
WHEN are we ever going to prosecute anyone in government? So damn tired of these people in government breaking the laws with all kinds of finger pointing, investigations etc. yet no one serves time!

Every day that goes by I lose more and more hope that this country can be saved and preserved.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
In the daily blur of who tweeted what, what this Never Trumper said about the president, who is in or out of the presidential race, the latest on Democrat impeachment attempts, etc etc, the biggest story of our times might well be lost in the shuffle. And that is: the breakdown of the rule of law.

Under Obama, governmental agencies-- all of them-- were weaponised to serve his administration, in flagrant violation of their intended legal purposes. A busload-- literally!-- of traitors attempted to overturn the results of a lawful election, including a coup against the POTUS-- and nothing happened to any of them. Powerful figures, headed by Hillary Clinton, with impunity committed crimes for which ordinary American citizens would be-- and have been-- sent to prison. In short, the rule of law has broken down in America. (And Bill Barr turned out to be Jeff Sessions, Part 2.)

Only the lofos, the perpetually out-to-lunch, don't know that if you are an ordinary citizen, the government will nail you to the wall for the smallest violation of "the law." But if you are a Clinton, a Comey, a Clapper, a Brennan, a McCabe, you can do whatever the fuck you want. And not only escape punishment, but make a fortune writing books, and going on speaking tours.

Trust in the integrity of the government is essential to the survival of any nation. In America in 2019, only fools trust the FBI, the Department of Justice, the IRS, and so on, and on.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The Deep State is very real. It exists on both sides of the aisle. Trump is not part of the club and was attacked by both parties. Read or listen to Jason Chaffetz’s book of the same title as above.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I've worked with a handful of 3 letter law
Yes, there are agents that work their ass off, doing the right thing. But like most agencies, those peoples are usually the ones in the trenches, getting their hands dirty. Rarely those types rise to Special Agent in Charge. Unfortunately, part of the process of rising to that level involves "playing politics".

Man, all true but does that remind me of a certain Police Department situated next to a big lake in the midwest, lol. The true workers rarely advance beyond middle management while the empty holsters advance to the top management and write policy.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And fuck everything up.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, where I live (looney left) hardly anybody gives a damn. I've tried to talk to my friends and co-workers about it but the door gets slammed on my face whenever I bring it up. Now I just keep to myself because there's nothing left to talk about.

They soak up the CNN/MSNBC crap and don't question anything even though the lies are spin are obvious. ORANGE MAN BAD, ANY MEANS NECESSARY, COMEY HERO!

It amazes me how much people don't care. I've lost respect for so many people in my daily life and I've stopped sharing my opinions and I just put in my earbuds and keep to myself.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons why you will never convince anyone on the left is because no one has been held accountable. As far as they are concerned this is one big republican lie. They see people connected to Trump getting indicted and sent to jail, yet no matter how much the republicans make all these claims of illegality no one has been indicted or arrested. Therefore it is not "real". Don't expect Sessions 2.0 (err, I mean Barr) to indict anyone. He is there to "save" the institutions he "loves" (FBI/DOJ) and that does not include holding anyone accountable.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Sedition. An attempt to overthrow the US President in a coup. Biggest story of the century. And it goes largely unreported.

Nobody swings at the end of a rope or even goes to jail. Sad state of affairs in these United States. And it shows you how far the left is willing to go to instill THEIR RULE over us. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
They soak up the CNN/MSNBC

Their start page where they get all their news is MSNBC.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
And fuck everything up.

Tell me about it!
Our very own “Steve Buscemi” (Lemmer) was in 008 the other day as Street Deputy, and attempted to berate one of my PPO’s...
I told the kid not to worry because he had more arrests in his 3 month career than Lemmer has.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Typical. Let's berate a PPO who is probably already scared to death. That guy is a coward and a huge POS. He'd be a good fit in the G

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Mueller, Comey, and the FBI itself, are only symptoms of a much bigger problem that poses an eminent danger to the future of this country....An enormous, overreaching, all powerful, federal government. The founders knew if the federal government were to grow large enough, it would crowd out freedom nationwide, hence the reason they built the constitution the way they did. And we're almost at that point today. If the federal government continues to grow, there will be no stopping its destruction of this country.

I just finished watching Tom Fitton the President of Judicual watch give an update on the work they are doing via FOIA requests. The date of the YouTube video is September 6, 2019.

I suggest everyone watch it. He draws some conclusions about Barr and the DOJ. You won’t like what he says.

I’m on my iPhone and can’t find the link to imbed the video but here is a link to the page with the video.
https://www.youtube.com/user/J...ialWatch?app=desktop

I’m not giving up hope but to the OPs final sentence, I fear they have already accomplished their goal.

The solution wont come from within the government. The solution is up to us.

Maybe this will work....

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post