SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Greater Houston area members, please check in (This is a thread about our friends, not the storm)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greater Houston area members, please check in (This is a thread about our friends, not the storm) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We are ok
At daughters house now

Our apt is in 45N @ 1960 area flooded 2 feet in apt
Waded out chest high water with them all on skiff that came for us
Don't know about cars yet
I had moved them to higher ground early but maybe not high enough

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raggedhole:
We are ok
At daughters house now

Our apt is in 45N @ 1960 area flooded 2 feet in apt
Waded out chest high water with them all on skiff that came for us
Don't know about cars yet
I had moved them to higher ground early but maybe not high enough

Rusty, if you need anything don't hesitate to call.
Hope everything works out.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Rather poor planning on my part. I ran out of Bourbon, Rum, and Vodka. I was down to SWMBO's Gin and Tequila. I made a run to Spec's today and all is well now.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Well stock up, TS Irma is on the move heading west out of Africa, early tracks show it staying on a west heading, but it would have to get closer to get any real sense of what it's going to do.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We lost a tree. Almost hit the house. Other than that our house is fine. Been hosting a few friends who has to evacuate from Sienna Plantation.

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Close call with that tree. Damn.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Any updates from our Houston members?

Anyone still displaced?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Our subdivision had really good drainage and we suffered no flooding at all.
Supermarkets in this area; Cypress (northwest Harris county); are pretty much back to normal.

I am concerned about my friends and colleagues both visible and invisible in the path of Irma.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'm out of my house, and working through how to proceed. It sucks, but others have it worse. We do have a place to be while we figure it out.

Best to all.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm out of my house, and working through how to proceed. It sucks, but others have it worse. We do have a place to be while we figure it out.

Glad you have a place to stay. It is quite a process, taking a lot of work. Being intelligent and making good decisions helps. Having friends in the contracting business is great. Mold remediation is probably the most important of all. Take your time, it will be worth it in the end. It is always wise to consider other changes you might like to make to your home after the drywall is removed.
Take care, and I appreciate the advice you dispense here pro bono.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Best to all.

Our CEO is over in your area & got 4-5 ft in their house.
Hope you get it all resolved.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post