SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Greater Houston area members, please check in (This is a thread about our friends, not the storm)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greater Houston area members, please check in (This is a thread about our friends, not the storm) Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I didn't see a thread about the SIGforumites in the Houston area, so I'm opening one.

Please keep this about the people we know from our community here, not the storm, the flood, or the response.

The storm, the flood, and the response thread is HERE.

If you are among the members scattered around the greater Houston area, please check in.

Let the forum know what has befallen you and yours, and how we might help.

I cannot guarantee we can help, but you never know what the members are able to do until you see them doing it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Doing fine. Had to go rescue my folks from Dickinson. Lot of road flooding around here. But we have plenty of food, water, wine, mojito and martini fixings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XinTX,

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard from 12131? IIRC the water was only inches from his door at the previous flood.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He just posted in another thread.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Has anyone heard from 12131? IIRC the water was only inches from his door at the previous flood.

I'm good, thanks! Very little water seeped into the house. No big deal.
Road water is down a little bit, so I can get to my parents, now. Smile

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Hope all our forum members are OK down there!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
High and dry here, thankfully the creek crested lower than expected (only 0.1ft below record however). Water in the street is draining. Just waiting for electricity now, plenty of food and water.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
We are at my sister's house with all cars. The house is flooded with several feet of water, and we won't be able to get near it for several days. But, I have my health.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
All good in da hood here.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm good, thanks! Very little water seeped into the house. No big deal.
Road water is down a little bit, so I can get to my parents, now.

Good to hear. I know how rough it is. I was worried about your gun collection. LOL

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
We are ok here in Katy. Neighborhoods all around us have flooding but dry at our house. Thanks for the support of the forum.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Northwest Houston checking in. We've been very lucky out this way so far, but water from the Addicks Resevoir is gradually starting to overtake us. We'll see what happens.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
In Spring, cypress creek flooded out but not too bad, our neighborhood storm drains handled it really well, got a little high in a few places sunday and we lost power for a couple hours. Took a drive to the shop this morning to see if I could actually get to work when they decide to open back up and saw lots of boats and emergency personnel leading the boats to where they are needed. If anyone in spring or nearby needs anything feel free to email me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
We are at my sister's house with all cars. The house is flooded with several feet of water, and we won't be able to get near it for several days. But, I have my health.

Oh, wow, I am so sorry to hear about your house. What a nightmare.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry to hear JHE, I was wondering about you after I heard about your area. :/ Glad you got out.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Northeast of Conroe is relatively well drained. Some flooding along the San Jacinto river water shed on the west and south side of Conroe.
We're high and dry 5 mi. east of Willis and the recent purchase of a generator probably insured no loss of power.

Pass the word that we seem to have plenty of space available in the local churches, etc. if someone needs shelter.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry about your situation. Glad that you and your are safe.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that all are safe, but sorry about the flooded property.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

JHE888, I am saddened by this news. If I can help from a thousand miles away, please ask.

There is one question I am sure the membership wants to know - did you manage to save the hookers and blow?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Hookers are easy to replace. The blow was taken to safety a week ago I'd bet.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post