SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We're Going to be Dog Parents Again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We're Going to be Dog Parents Again Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
As many here on the Forum know, my wife and I lost our 15 1/2 year-old Scottish Terrier a few weeks ago. We really appreciated all of the condolences sent, and Troon (our 12 1/2 year old Scottie) has since gotten a lot of attention to get him through not having Annie around any more.

We promptly started looking for another rescue Scottie. Unfortunately, the ones that were available were older dogs that already had significant health issues. They need love, too, but we really wanted a dog that would be around for several years.

Luckily, we found a breeder here in north Texas who had a two-week-old female puppy available. We went and looked. Troon went, too, since this was going to be his new little sister.

We loved her. Troon's tail wouldn't stop wagging. We had a match!

Rozina (named after my paternal grandmother, but with a "Z") comes home in late March. We can't wait.

Thank you all.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Getting a new pup is such a joyful time for my family. Especially if they are filling a special vacancy like yours will.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on you new pup. I love dogs better than people.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
lol after having a dog for so meany years you forget what the first 6 months are like with a puppy even if you think you do you dont. i have had all my dogs between 10-16 years the last time i wanted an older dog but my wife saw the puppy and he kissed her and that was it thank god he was a quick learner congrats Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post