SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Product testimonials from real life use, please add to this
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Product testimonials from real life use, please add to this Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Going on 50yrs as a smoker and pay LESS THAN one dollar ($1) a pack. I used to smoke Marlboro Reds and this is the closest to them I've found in the very broad make your own (MYO) community of tobacco ... just 100% tobacco and without all the filler, additives and price of commercial cigarettes. Golden Harvest Red is labeled as "Pipe Tobacco" for tax purposes but I don't think there's a pipe smoker in the world who'd burn a bowl of this cigarette tobacco.

The Powermatic I machine lives on a pizza pan for catch all neatness and on a counter near the back door. I make 'em one stick at a time before going out to enjoy a smoke. If traveling, takes about 5 minutes to crank out a pack. Besides Golden Harvest tubes, sometimes I'll use Zig-Zag or Gambler tubes. Been working out just fine for about the last 15yrs.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hansgrohe faucets. I had a faucet that was about 12 years old. I needed a new handle and they didn't make the handle anymore. They sent me a new complete faucet setup and ask me to throw the entire old faucet away. I also have a Hansgrohe pull-out kitchen faucet and the pull-out hose cracked from repeated use. I called them and they sent me a brand new replacement hose for free. Hands down, their customer service is exceptional.
--

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Dyson Vacuum cleaners. Our DC-25 is at least 10 years old and we have a German Shedder. We also have a battery powered Dyson stick vacuum for our hardwood floors. Haven’t had it near as long, but it works well too.

Ive had both dyson and sharks, and while the dyson never failed we had both at one time. With two dogs i vacuumed with the dyson until i got no more hair in the container. Then hit it with the shark and filled up a container in each room with hair.

I did a reverse test as well and the dyson could not reproduce the results.

I cant say the dyson failed but the shark definitely outperformed. Only sharks since then

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
L. L. Bean boots (the pair they put their name on). Took nearly 15 years of hiking, hunting, and general city/ desert walking to wear out my first pair. Working on wearing out a second pair now.

Working construction i never had a pair of boots last more than a year, 12-14 hours a day and mix in certain chemicals and nothing will last. However, i could get the most out of "Georgia boots"

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Honda's commercial power mower. Not the cheap ones you get at Lowes or HD but the one you can only get at a dealer. My first one lasted over 30 years. I don't plan on buying another mower before I die. I bought my new one two years ago.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
My Leatherman tool as been solid for 30 years.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Have had a Dyson DC-07 upright, Dyson Ball Multi Floor Canister and a Dyson V8 Animal cordfree rechargeable for many years now. Two medium sized house dogs. Dyson works so well, I may not ever even get a chance to try a Shark. Every 8-10 years I completely break down and clean the devices for all the accumulated built up gunk. Makes them good as new again. None have ever failed. I think the DC-07 (first one I bought) was one of the most powerful Dyson has made. Some are more powerful than others. The V8 Animal rechargeable is the least powerful Dyson I own and I probably use it about half the time. I have all hardwood floors and Dyson gets everything ... but the floor Wink

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA & AAA & 9Volt batteries.

Will.Not.Leak. Will not ruin your devices.

These Lithium AA & AAA & 9Volt batteries are a different chemistry than Alkaline batteries.

No more ruined remotes, flashlights, etc.

They.Will.Not.Leak. Period.

Hopefully soon they will have them in D & C cells.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Red Wing work boots. I have Herman Munster feet and wear perscription inserts. OSHA boot money lets me buy a new pair every year, but I've gotten three years out of some.

Wilderness Tactical instructor belts. I have three of them, the oldest being ovet 10 years old. I recently dent all three back, and for the cost of shipping they replace the velcro. The 5 stich I wear at work is atarting to show some actual belt wear from being dragged against sheet metal seams, concrete slabs and edges, and anythine else I can rub up against.

Pit Bull Tactical universal magazine holder. It holds everything from my Ruger MKIII through double stack anything mags.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’ll add another belt to the list:

Blackhawk Rigger’s Belt. I’ve been using them for close to 20 years as an inner belt. I’ve tried a couple different options but I always come back to those. Very solid and I’ve never worn one out, although I wore one for about 10 years and the Velcro started to fail, it was still secure as far as staying tight.

https://blackhawk.com/cqb-riggers-belt/

I use a Wilderness 5 stitch when I’m not in uniform. Or a 20 year old Rafter S sharkskin belt that is as good as new, but unfortunately they imploded so those aren’t available anymore.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Amish made Leather Fly Swatter. Found on Amazon. This thing just doesn't miss. They never see it coming.

Don't understand the science, but the wire has less air resistance than one of those flat plastic handle jobs, so less air disturbance to alert the flies for one thing and the wire is quite whippy. Maybe another since flies have the fastest visual response going, this swatter isn't a bright day glow see me from a mile away color. Apparently the leather pad is pretty dang whippy and stealthy too. No more rigid, colorful, plastic, foreign made fly exciters for me. No more flies pointing and laughing. Dang flies. Seriously.