SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Product testimonials from real life use, please add to this
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Product testimonials from real life use, please add to this Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Dewalt cordless tools. Still have all my dad’s 18v tools and they run as good as the day he got them some 20 or so years ago.

Their tools are built well. I've dropped a few from more then 6' onto concrete and all but one 18v light worked fine. Although I have broken a few from lots of use.

Had to take a 18v nail gun in for repairs. Had a guy break the shaft on a 18v sawzal. Killed the gears or something inside a 18v drill. For the record those tools saw a lot of work in a professional environment not homeowner use. Haven't broken any 20V tools yet but I don't think any of them have the hours on them when the other broke.

I'm a fan of Dewalt as well. A few months ago I added their green laser level to my collection as I have several projects I'm using it for. Might be the best tool purchase I've ever made. Absolutely LOVE it!

PS - Ottosig - imho, do yourself a favor though...change that battery before it leaks and toasts the inside of the scope.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
While more for the Pro mechanic I highly recommend Snap ON Impact "guns". I have an 18v Li/Ion that is at least 15 years old. I sent it in to be repaired 2 years ago because the plastic trigger broke. I paid $85 and they replaced everything as far as I can tell. It now rides in the back if my CRV as a back up and road side assistance gun. I most recently used it 2 days ago on the way home. I swear it hits nearly as hard as my new Snap On 20v Impact. The new 20V model hits hard enough that the tire kids will borrow it when their pneumatic gun want break lug nuts free.

I gave my S-I-L 75 bucks for his, what the Snap-On guy offered him as a trade in on a new one. About two years later I sent it in for an overhaul, that and a new battery adapter cost me about 120. Even at 200 bucks I still think I came out well.

On DeWalt, I got twenty years on a 9.6v drill driver, upgraded in 2016 as I let the smoke out of that one. It still worked somewhat but I think I got my money's worth from it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8103 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dillon reloading equipment

A Great product backed by a great warrenty

One of my presses is a Sq Deal
It's probably over 30 years old

The handle broke

Called Dillon, they apologized and a new handle assembly was in the mail and to the house in a couple of days, no charge

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RUGER firearms. Anytime something breaks they pay for shipping both ways and are courteous and polite on the phone.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^plus one on Ruger’s customer care. My dad sent a 44 magnum deer stalker in because of a broken trigger spring, they sent the gun thru the line and re blued it and put. New stock on it too...this was in the 80s....

I had a mini14 that I returned because of a bent barrel (I was t-boned by a 60 caddy, my ranger didn’t make it). They put a new barrel on it for no charge.

Smith and Wesson: fixed my little 5 shot 357 scandium pistol that blew up on the second round i every fired thru it. It turned out to be the ammo, but they fixed it free of charge(it was my ankle gun for a few years until someone handed me a buncha cash for it-another gun I wish I never sold)

RCBS: I dropped a powder throw and broke the plastic hopper- a phone call got me a new one - surprised me when the lady said it was free of charge.

Dillon: they have another rock solid warranty.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Dewalt cordless tools. Still have all my dad’s 18v tools and they run as good as the day he got them some 20 or so years ago.

Their tools are built well. I've dropped a few from more then 6' onto concrete and all but one 18v light worked fine. Although I have broken a few from lots of use.

Had to take a 18v nail gun in for repairs. Had a guy break the shaft on a 18v sawzal. Killed the gears or something inside a 18v drill. For the record those tools saw a lot of work in a professional environment not homeowner use. Haven't broken any 20V tools yet but I don't think any of them have the hours on them when the other broke.

I'm a fan of Dewalt as well. A few months ago I added their green laser level to my collection as I have several projects I'm using it for. Might be the best tool purchase I've ever made. Absolutely LOVE it!

PS - Ottosig - imho, do yourself a favor though...change that battery before it leaks and toasts the inside of the scope.

Believe it or not i took it out after making the post!

I have no firearms here overseas so i figured battery-less was safest and saves my batteries when no need is required

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
John Churchill Goat Skin Fencing Gloves. Made in Centralia, Washington since the 1800s. Goat skin is denser than leather and therefore is more durable and more wind resistant. They actually have a cow leather welt on the stitches. I get about 5 years from a pair. $70 delivered.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
NEOMAG Sentry Strap.
No more sling flopping around on any rifle.
Can’t vouch for longevity cuz I just got mine but I wish I would have had these 10 years ago!
(There’s also 10% off now and free shipping until 12/31)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
This little light of mine ...

W. T. Kirkman No. 2 Champion Oil Lantern, with or without reflector
Indoors use Lamplight Medallion or Klean Heat. Outdoors K-1 Kerosene is fine
Features a full weight old school thick glass “Loc-Nob” Globe bearing W. T. Kirkman trademark, and an improved WTK #262 wing-lock burner with brass wick tube for superior performance and highest wind resistance. Extra durable galvanized construction for better rust resistance

I also have the W. T. Kirkman No. 1 Little Champ with reflector. Built just as good as the No.2, just a little smaller. 7/8" wick vs 5/8" wick.

Built much sturdier and more historically accurate with thick glass globes than their respective current Dietz models.

Oil lanterns have many pros and cons but the warm soft light and nostalgic feel brings fond memories and I smile every time I light them off. Bonus, the W. T. Kirkman No. 2 Champion is a workhorse.

EDIT: As with most oil lanterns, keep it vertical. Tipping and fuel will come out the font from under the burner and spill from around where the air tube is attached to the font. Oh, and don't let the cows tip them over either

Posts: 4699 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Rite in the Rain products.

I’ve used their notepads and pens exclusively for several years. They have saved me countless times. Most recent was a few nights ago as OIC on a homicide, in the pouring rain. I was able to write down important notes without worrying about the paper tearing or the ink bleeding. Absolutely worth it.

OtterBox Defender cases.

Every phone I get immediately goes in one. Never had a phone broken in one.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
^^^ I have several oil lanterns but the W. T. Kirkman No. 2 Champion (back right) is the one I recommend if you only have one. Of course you might opt for a smaller or less robust one and likely won't go wrong.

Picture for size comparisons ...

Posts: 4699 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Mary's Gone Crackers

I really love these. I get them at Costco, but it looks like they are available at a lot of places now.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Victorinox pocket knives
Victorinox fibrox kitchen knives

Not the latest and greatest super steel, but the QC is on point and the price is right.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Seiko watches. I bought may first one in '69' just before getting out of the army that I wore for 14 years and have had 2 chronograph style watches and my current solar watch since then. That's 4 of them in over 50 years and I replaced them only because I got bored with them, not because they died. They all kept perfect time.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Best five dollar over 2lbs grocery store pizza you will ever eat. Even comes with two generous seasoning packets of Crushed Red Pepper and Italian Spice ... I use all of both but your tastes may differ. The 16" pan (sold separately) just fits my oven rack. Of course many will prefer baking directly on the rack. Big ole tasty pizza for only five bucks ... Amen

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Dyson Vacuum cleaners. Our DC-25 is at least 10 years old and we have a German Shedder. We also have a battery powered Dyson stick vacuum for our hardwood floors. Haven’t had it near as long, but it works well too.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Hunter original ceiling fans.
They’ve been making that model since the late 1800’s.
We have two of them. They have been quietly running for the last 30 years.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Forget about EVER buying milk OR beverage creamer EVER again.

I like most everything Nestle but this powdered milk gets consumed the most. The label is in both English and Spanish. I think it's mostly intended for the Latin American market and since I can't find it locally, I purchase once or twice a year on Amazon.

No expiration dates to worry about. No rush to consume before it goes bad. The "Best By" date on the can is generally 8-10 months out. Some reviewers claim the same great taste 4yrs after opening. I believe it. I never worry about the date on this stuff.

Nutritionally, it's very similar to whole milk, maybe because it's made from whole milk unlike most powdered milks found in the U.S. Even has a couple of added nutritional benefits. It also has fat in it, so it's creamy and tasty. I use it where ever milk or beverage creamer is called for. Works great for cereal and I put a scoop in a cup of hot brewed tea. Coffee I generally drink black but this works great as a powdered coffee creamer too.

I get the 56.4 ounce canister and it will make up to 3.3125 GALLONS of milk. It's only a couple of dollars more than fresh whole milk and lasts hella lots longer and is hella cheaper than coffeemate.

So if you want the best powdered milk money can buy with the same great nutrition of fresh whole milk for close to the same price of fresh whole milk and is awesome as a powdered creamer as well or maybe you're a prepper looking for great dairy nutrition ... here ya go.

Highly rated (by 5,627 people) Amazon link ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NUTRITION FACTS of Fresh Whole Milk by comparison ...

posted Hide Post
PowerHouse Caulk from Sherwin Williams. Available in a ton of colors to match just about any trim and paint, holds up great, you can mold it, flows great, is flexible and lasts.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
L. L. Bean boots (the pair they put their name on). Took nearly 15 years of hiking, hunting, and general city/ desert walking to wear out my first pair. Working on wearing out a second pair now.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post