SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boys weekend: Shooting games?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boys weekend: Shooting games? Login/Join 
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted
Not talking Russian Roulette here. What are some fun shooting related games we can play for my guys weekend coming up? Space isn’t an issue. Something like Poker but I’m not sure how’d that work? What are your ideas?

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
You can get some ideas from YouTube. I searched for a video from Chief AJ. Among other things he modified 10/22's. I remember they affixed a clay pigeon to the center of a plywood disk 2 or three feet in diameter and rolled it across the range and guys shot it as it crossed in front of them with 22's.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First negligent discharge buys lunch and drinks.

First one to blame the wind, the sights or the gun, pays for lunch

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
If you can set out an array of steel targets and have a timer or stopwatch you can have endless fun shooting different patterns or strings of fire and seeing who can do it faster. You can set up identical arrays and have two shooters go up against each other heads up or take turns.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Playing cards set so edge is facing you

Multiple players standing along a line shooting at their own card

First one to cut the card wins

A varation
1 card , shooters take turns shooting at the same card but only get 1 shot per turn
Draw cards to set the shooting order

Another game , this time using .22s
Shoot at animal crackers, different distances

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Memory games are always fun. Get targets that have different shapes, colors, numbers, ect. Write down a list of things to shot that round on index cards. Randomly draw cards and you have whatever time to memorize and then shoot.

Of course anything involving clay birds is always fun too. Even with just a hand thrower.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Went out with my son a couple weeks ago and it popped in my head to play “horse”, like with a basketball. Call your shot and if you make it, the other guy has to try it, and if he fails he gets an “h”, etc. We did single shots a tree certain distances, off handed, multiple hits within a certain time, etc.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the summer I smear a little jelly on a target to attract flys.
Another game we call race, where we alternate shots on paper and the other guy has to touch the last guys shot with his shot.

Make it count

Posts: 1412 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
This is kind of a variation on what smpsmp suggested. I shot a "sniper" match once where, in addition to things like golf balls at a hundred yards and eggs at 200, there was a stage where you were shown a photo of a "bad guy". When the target carrier came up, there would be the bad guy plus some number of "hostages" and other assorted innocent bystanders. You had a time limit to identify the bad guy and fire some number of rounds, being careful not to hit any of the innocents. Great fun, and harder than it sounds.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
If you'll have at least a pair of .22 LR pistols or rifles then you could pick up a dueling tree at your local sporting goods store. Not sure what's available in your neck of the woods, but here Academy stocks Birchwood Casey Dueling Trees.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
How about a contest that will help improve shooting.. Dot torture test...

http://www.activeresponsetrain...rture-shooting-drill

Target PDF

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I've used these targets for a few years.
https://shop.actiontarget.com/...search_keyword=cards

Get a deck of cards and place them face down on a table. Have the shooters place their pistols loaded on a table, muzzle in a safe direction. Shooter A turns a card over and Shooter B has (x) seconds to grab the firearm, locate the target, and fire one shot. If Shooter A hits the card on the target, Shooter A takes the card from the deck. If Shooter A misses the card on the target, the card goes back into the deck and the deck is shuffled. Next is Shooter Bs turn.

At the end, the Shooter with the most cards wins.

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Playing cards set so edge is facing you

Multiple players standing along a line shooting at their own card

First one to cut the card wins

A varation
1 card , shooters take turns shooting at the same card but only get 1 shot per turn
Draw cards to set the shooting order

Another game , this time using .22s
Shoot at animal crackers, different distances

You need to use .22LR for splitting cards as well. Too easy with anything larger.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions! Going to implement some of these for sure!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post