SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Layton City (UT) PD has confirmed that a 17yo swerved into oncoming traffic while blindfolded participating in the 'Birdbox Challenge'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Layton City (UT) PD has confirmed that a 17yo swerved into oncoming traffic while blindfolded participating in the 'Birdbox Challenge' Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
You thought eating Tide Pods was the ultimate in stupidity??

https://kslnewsradio.com/18966...box-challenge-crash/

Layton crash blamed on teen attempting the Bird Box Challenge

LAYTON — A 17-year-old girl drove into oncoming traffic and caused a serious accident while attempting to complete the “Bird Box Challenge”, Layton police say.

Police say the girl was driving with a beanie lowered over her eyes. People nationwide taking part in the viral challenge have been attempting to do tasks while blindfolded. In this case, police say, she was trying to see if she could navigate her truck with her eyes covered.

She could not.

No injuries have been reported. Serious damage, however, has been done to both vehicles, and police are looking into pressing charges.

The Bird Box Challenge is inspired by the Netflix film “Bird Box”, in which the characters are forced to navigate their surrounding blindfolded lest they be psychologically attacked by a mysterious, supernatural force.

It can be dangerous. Several people have walked out into public and tried to navigate their way down sidewalks or within their homes, often bumping into walls or mailboxes in the process.

It’s rare, however, that somebody actually gets behind the wheel of a motor vehicle and attempts to drive down a public road with their eyes blindfolded.

Apparently, however, this Layton teen decided to take the challenge to the next level. Police say that, with a friend in her passenger seat, she lowered a beanie over her eyes and tried to make her way down Layton Parkway. She soon lost control of her truck and skidded into the other lane, crashing into an oncoming vehicle before ramming into a light pole.

By the time police were called to the scene, the girl had lifted the beanie over her eye. She tried to convince the police that she had just gotten distracted talking to her friend.

The driver she had crashed into, however, had gotten a good look at her before their vehicles collided. He told the police that he had seen with driving with her eyes covered and, when police looked into it, they were able to confirm that she had, in fact, been trying to complete the Bird Box Challenge.

Police say they will be screening reckless driving charges with the city’s attorney office.

They do not recommend trying the Bird Box Challenge for yourself.

“I thought the Tide Pod Challenge – I mean, I really was speechless on that one,” Layton Police Lt. Travis Lyman told KSL Newsradio’s Heather Kelly, “but this one is really the same.”

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The internet is the greatest amplifier of stupidity, ever.

Disgusting imbeciles, my God.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
You couldn't make it up.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Retard challenge except they are smarter than that!

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I saw this earlier and loved the part where the officer said, "Don't drive blindfolded". Natural selection just takes longer these days.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Humanity will not survive the internet

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I considered driving blind folded after watching Talledga Nights. I scrapped the idea after my Craig’s list ad didn’t go well in looking for a cougar.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Saw this on the local news this morning. My wife didn't believe me when I told her about this retarded challenge a week ago. Well, now she does.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These stupid kids is our future?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I thought the Tide Pod Challenge – I mean, I really was speechless on that one,” Layton Police Lt. Travis Lyman told KSL Newsradio’s Heather Kelly, “but this one is really the same.”

No, this stupidity is far worse. At least when these idiots ingest soap pods, their safety is the only ones directly affected. When some social network retard drives blind, they are clearly a threat to a great many others.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I considered driving blind folded after watching Talledga Nights. I scrapped the idea after my Craig’s list ad didn’t go well in looking for a cougar.

Don't give up. Science has determined that a bobcat in an acceptable substitute.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Maybe we can combine the fire challenge, tide pod challenge, and the bird box challenge into one activity and be done with it already.

Hoo boy.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
What a birdbrain....

Social Media: Helping dumbasses prove their stupidity to millions.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The bird brain challenge.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why am I still surprised at this stupid shit? I can't believe people are this dumb. She needs to be charged/convicted with all laws that she broke.

Just so dumb!

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think that besides some serious jail time, the driver loses her drivers license forever and is blacklisted in every state.

she can walk or fly since she's apparently dumber than the birds

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sterilize her before she reproduces.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe the video isn’t on YouTube already.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
every day someone has to one up stupidity

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Shit, I thought the drivers were bad out there in 1996-1999. Negligence mostly.

Wow, it seems to have only gotten worse and has moved well beyond negligence to willful stupidity.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post