SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First snowfall of 2019... a joke ... :)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First snowfall of 2019... a joke ... :) Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
Yes, we are still in "woke" culture days.

My work has a very liberal work environment (#diversity and #inclusion are everywhere).

I was surprised when a fellow co-worker sent this to me as received from a person outside the company who compiles a newsletter for the industry. Wouldn't surprise me if that person gets a "formal complaint" in the future.

Here's the First Snowfall of 2019 story as per the email:

--------------------------

It Snowed Last Night...

Welcome to 2019...first snowfall of the season! This is what I did to celebrate it!

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous breasts saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it should have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender (man? woman?) person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 - The Muslim gent across the road demanded the snow woman wear a burka.

8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The local equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - TV news crew from CNN showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snowwomen. I replied "Snowballs" and I am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be beheaded.

Moral: There is no moral to this story.

It is what we have become.

----------------------------------

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Did he send it to your work email or private email? If the latter, that doesn't seem like a big deal if you're somewhat friendly with him. If he used company email, well that may be ill advised.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Sent to my co-worker's company email, then FWD to me.

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah...SOMEONE is gonna get "a talkin' to".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:... Wouldn't surprise me if that person gets a "formal complaint" in the future. ...

Snowflakes...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:... Wouldn't surprise me if that person gets a "formal complaint" in the future. ...

Snowflakes...

To make a snowperson out of.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

Snowflakes...

To make a[n] androgynous, non-gendered snowperson out of.
FIFY... Not enough Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post