SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Job Interview Today.....*UPDATE*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Job Interview Today.....*UPDATE* Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
The last few months have been a whirlwind.

Back in October I applied for a job with another agency here in Oregon and hadn't heard anything back from them.

In November my supervisor left unexpectedly for another job, so I applied for and was promoted into the position, which gave me a significant pay increase (along with more responsibility).

Fast forward to last week when I got a call from the agency I applied for back in October wanting to schedule an interview for today. I told them I had promoted since the time I applied, so wasn't sure I was still interested in the job, and they started throwing out all kinds of crazy numbers.

I know a couple of the bosses there pretty well, so think I have a good shot at getting the job, but it's still a nerve racking process and I'll be glad when it's all over-with. I've been up since 4:00 am pressing my clothes, had a good breakfast, and studying what I can.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG228,

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Luck. Easy for me to say but- Stress of this kind is Great.

Leverage the recent promotion for Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Good luck. You are in an enviable position that many would die for. Make the most of it.

Again, good luck to you.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your interview.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping it all works out for the best.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Just remember, crazy numbers aren't everything. Do you homework on the position/company and hopefully things will work out for the best!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Good luck! I had a phone interview today (2nd) for a US Fish and Wildlife service job. It went pretty well in my opinion.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Good luck !

Remember, deep calming breath.

Calm. Blue. Ocean Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Luck and I hope it goes well

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes good luck. Go withyour gut. Money is important. But far from everything.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the interview SIG228! You are in a great position interviewing for a job when you already have a good one.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, kill it and move up again.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I got called back for a second round of interviews on 4/12/18, and received a conditional offer today, with a tentative start date of 6/18/18.

I still have to pass a background, psych eval, and physical, but shouldn't have any issues with those. Now just waiting for their background person to contact me to get the ball rolling.

I was dreading moving, but in the mix of everything else our landlord informed us he's putting the house we're in on the market in July, so a move is inevitable. If everything falls into place as it seems, it'll be another miracle in life that just seems to work itself out the way it's meant to be. I consider myself blessed beyond measure.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I pray it all works out in your favor.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Great news!
Hope it all falls into place for you!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it was meant to be!

Congratulations and good luck!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
It seems the new job was meant to be for you. Better pay, your landlord putting your house up for sale. Sometimes the stars line up just right, this is one of those times. It's nice to hear some good news, congratulations.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Wow, lengthy process, but finally over. I had my psych eval this past Monday, physical was Tuesday, and I just got the call this afternoon with the official offer and a start date of July 9th.

Now to find a place a to live!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG228,

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is awesome. Congrats. Go slay some dragons.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Great news!! Good luck!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post