SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco Awards $190,000 To Illegal Immigrant Over "Sanctuary City Violation"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco Awards $190,000 To Illegal Immigrant Over "Sanctuary City Violation" Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
According to this CBS San Francisco story, the outstanding warrant was a civil deportation order from 2005, and a judge has reopened his immigration case after finding that the initial order was given without proper notification. A new hearing is scheduled for 2019.

I imagine that with $190k, a soon-to-be American wife, an 8-year old daughter, and 2 years for his attorney to figure something out, he won't be deported. Frown

So, did he get his car back? Confused

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pay the man with an Illinois IOU.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait a Minute, Saira Hussain an attorney from the Asian Law Caucus is the attorney of record for this El Salvador citizen? Aw WTH it's Ca...

Posts: 468 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, you'd arrest someone and they would "No hablan Inglés".

Guy kept an INS hat and jacket in his desk drawer. He'd put them on and we'd talk in front of the glass and point to the them.

Their English would become almost perfect.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
One of these days, someone is going to see SanFrancisco on some of those acting award shows, getting a trophy for pathetic day time soap opera category, we'll realize that it wasn't actually real life, just a fictional soap opera like the others, and breathe a sigh of relief.....

Or will we?

Like the whole place is some sick and twisted version of the Truman Show.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So if I kick a person out of my house who doesn't belong can they now sue me and win?

If they can I no longer own my house

I guess we now know who owns America.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Sooner or later San Francisco will implode, it's only a matter of time.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I have often wondered how police can do their job in San Francisco and similar cities. Not just as regards illegal aliens, but due to any of the many aggrieved and protected identity politics groups. It's no wonder that some officers choose to not get involved. Why be proactive and risk media vilification,career and possible civil rights prosecution?

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
According to this CBS San Francisco story, the outstanding warrant was a civil deportation order from 2005, and a judge has reopened his immigration case after finding that the initial order was given without proper notification. A new hearing is scheduled for 2019.

I imagine that with $190k, a soon-to-be American wife, an 8-year old daughter, and 2 years for his attorney to figure something out, he won't be deported. Frown

Admin Deportation orders result in federal admin warrants for arrest.

Though rarely prosecuted, failure to comply with a deportation order within 30 days is also a criminal offense under Title 8 U.S. Code, Section 1253.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

It is San Francisco, it is like another dimension.

Admin Deportation orders result in federal admin warrants for arrest.

Though rarely prosecuted, failure to comply with a deportation order within 30 days is also a criminal offense under Title 8 U.S. Code, Section 1253.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
I have often wondered how police can do their job in San Francisco and similar cities. Not just as regards illegal aliens, but due to any of the many aggrieved and protected identity politics groups. It's no wonder that some officers choose to not get involved. Why be proactive and risk media vilification,career and possible civil rights prosecution?

Predictably, the poop has hit the fan for those officers who made the arrest. Perpetual desk duty is the word floating around for them.

As for why be a cop in SF...pay. Starting pay is just over $83K, complete your probation and you'll start pulling in $100K with all the over time available in no time. Combine that with a wife/partner's salary and you'll have a nice combined household income. Most cops just keep their head down, don't rise above sergeant, as anything above that becomes political appointments; bounce around a couple of stations, rake in the OT and build up that pension.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:...As for why be a cop in SF...pay. Starting pay is just over $83K, complete your probation and you'll start pulling in $100K with all the over time available in no time....

It is my understanding that many gov't employees in San Francisco get as much or more in overtime pay each year than they have in base salary.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:

Predictably, the poop has hit the fan for those officers who made the arrest. Perpetual desk duty is the word floating around for them.

As for why be a cop in SF...pay. Starting pay is just over $83K, complete your probation and you'll start pulling in $100K with all the over time available in no time. Combine that with a wife/partner's salary and you'll have a nice combined household income. Most cops just keep their head down, don't rise above sergeant, as anything above that becomes political appointments; bounce around a couple of stations, rake in the OT and build up that pension.

But you need to average $40/hr just to buy a one-bedroom, 800 sqft home without a yard and in a needle infested part of the city (or you could commute from Oakland).

Only advantage is if you are near the age of retirement and planning to work there for five years to retire as a "high wage earner" and max out your social security. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:...As for why be a cop in SF...pay. Starting pay is just over $83K, complete your probation and you'll start pulling in $100K with all the over time available in no time....

It is my understanding that many gov't employees in San Francisco get as much or more in overtime pay each year than they have in base salary.

The compensation amounts of various city department heads receive, including fire and police, can only be described as ....obscene.
Click here, a prepare a barf bag

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:....The compensation amounts of various city department heads receive, including fire and police, can only be described as ....obscene.
Click here, a prepare a barf bag

I have posted before, there was a recent article of a BART janitor who made something like $200K per year, much due to overtime; the security cams showed him often sleeping while on the clock. When BART was asked what action they would take, well. . . er. . . uh. . .