SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Truck Aficionados, do you have an extra $349k to blow?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truck Aficionados, do you have an extra $349k to blow? Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
Alright truck dudes/dudettes, what do you get someone who doesn't have anything?

Yep, that's right...a Hennessey VelociRaptor

6-wheels of 605hp, 0-60 in 4.9!!! You also get a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty. By the way the optional Brembo brake system is only $22k.

It's only $349,000 OTD - not including fees!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That freaking truck makes no sense. Whole reason for tag axles is to increase load carrying capacity. In that it just adds additional failure points and slows it down. Good luck hauling a 5th-wheel trailer with that.

As a famous youtube video stated, want to haul a big load, buy a Chevy......

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
That freaking truck makes no sense. Whole reason for tag axles is to increase load carrying capacity. In that it just adds additional failure points and slows it down. Good luck hauling a 5th-wheel trailer with that.

Only here would someone argue the lack of practical points to a $350K truck!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12404 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:.
Only here would someone argue the lack of practical points to a $350K truck!

Good point!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hennessey

Anything "Hennessey" means you are likely not to see it delivered as advertised unless you are someone in the know, a well known star, or a magazine writer/owner. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Does it come with custom truck nutz?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That monstrosity combines the two worst things ever happen to the Raptor; Hennessey and the SuperCrew Cab.

Ford should left it as originally designed and never built the truck as a SCrew.

Hennessey should stick to pavement prowlers.

I'll just stick with my old beater;

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not that I’d want one of these, but what do you think the issue would be that prevent pulling a fifth wheel? Looks like the kingpin (or where it would be on a normal three axle) wouldn’t be too far forward for a fifth wheel right there. Curious...

Posts: 6915 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
That freaking truck makes no sense.
Its not supposed to. The truck was built by John Hennessey for the SEMA show this year, with a select few being build after the show for collectors. It was just an exercise is showing how unique a vehicle Hennessey can build.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
That monstrosity combines the two worst things ever happen to the Raptor; Hennessey and the SuperCrew Cab.
Wrong and well, wrong. If I had the disposable income, I'd have a Hennessey Raptor as my daily driver in a New York minute. And the SuperCrew cab makes it far more usable than the little standard cab.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Why does anyone want a giant Ferrari that handles like a dump truck?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Why does anyone want a giant Ferrari that handles like a dump truck?
Ever heard the comment that super wealthy people are 'eccentric'? Well, its true.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Needs tank tracks and twin 50s on a cupola.....Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Except he'll take your money and never deliver, or take your truck and use parts from yours to finish another customer's.

Hennessey is a shady businessman.

Link

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Except he'll take your money and never deliver, or take your truck and use parts from yours to finish another customer's.

Hennessey is a shady businessman.

Link

No mention of when he was stealing V-10 motors out of Vipers for Durangos.

Looks like the writer did mention it in a round about way.

The Viper owners thought their motors were being replaced with a stronger motor only to find out it was another Viper owner's V-10.

Shady shell game is what he plays.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'd like one with a nice quiet highway tire ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
he forgot the smokestack exhaust pipes. 5 or 6 lined up along the rear of the cab would work.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
If it included fees, I might think about it.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Its missing a snow plow! Big Grin

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
If it included fees, I might think about it.

"How 'bout we throw in a set of floor mats and a bedliner? What can we do to make a sale today?"

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post