SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
You don't seriously think Trump is going to do anything significant on gun control? He might propose something but it will be tied to illegal immigration and border security and it won't get a nickels worth of support from the dems. Then he can say the democrats don't want to do anything about gun control or securing the border. He's setting them up again and they will step right into it again.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump has stabbed us gun owners in the back before and he will do it again. I don’t give two shits if we get immigration reform out of it. Further eroding our 2A rights is never worth it.
If he tries or does it he can kiss his 2nd term good bye and the dem that wins will just ruin everything he accomplished

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Yes, let's have 3 pages of people venting about how Trump is going to screw everyone over, and enact laws and executive orders that will alienate 98% of the people you see at his rallies.

Please. Yes. Let's spend a few days bitching about that in this thread.

Good grief.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9151 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Trump has stabbed us gun owners in the back before and he will do it again. I don’t give two shits if we get immigration reform out of it. Further eroding our 2A rights is never worth it.
If he tries or does it he can kiss his 2nd term good bye and the dem that wins will just ruin everything he accomplished
You need to hang tough, if that's what it takes. President Trump is not going to sell us out. Also required will be your and our butts in the voting booth this year. Dont sit home fiddleing your junk because its known he will get a 2nd term. Down to the voteing booth we go. Savvy? And thanks Veeper.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I never believed Trump was that big of a 2A guy, but he also isnt stupid. He understands his base better that anyone, and he figured the bump stock ban wouldnt piss them off that much. Despite recent events, the gun community is not only thriving- its expanding. More people own guns or participate in shooting sports than at any other time in history. The other side may make the most noise through their media buddies, but dont doubt for a second our momentum on this issue. Im in CA, and trust me your nightmares are our reality here. If I can look at the bright side of this issue then its time for you to nut up as well.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why would he kiss his second term goodbye? Are you going to vote for the dem? Or withhold your vote from Trump? Either way that is a +1 for the dem.

People love to cut off their nose to spite their face in the gun community. I don't get it.

I have no idea what Trump for the republicans will do, but you can bet you ass what the left will do. They talk about it every day.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
YES ! ! ! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

Why would he kiss his second term goodbye? Are you going to vote for the dem? Or withhold your vote from Trump? Either way that is a +1 for the dem.

I think everyone gets that. It would be a matter of how fast do you want to cut your nose off. A little at a time or just get it done.

Regardless, I don’t think Trump will sell us out on gun control directly. The red flag laws are troublesome and will be misused over time. Just look at the FISA court judges. Rubber stampers. Allowing a blatant violation of the 4th is just a step towards the 2nd.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump has stabbed us gun owners in the back before and he will do it again.

He did? How? Don't even start with bump stocks, because hardly anybody gave two shits about fracking bump stocks.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Bans have to get through the courts. Trump continues to win with judicial appointments.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1493 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
If so, its stupid BUBBAs fault for thinking a D Prez would be better than Trump.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We all agree that we must find ways to keep loonies and terrorists from getting the guns they need to do these mass shootings. I think focusing on mental health issues is the right place to look, because we all know the problem is not with the guns. I have studied many of these mass shooting cases in my business, and in almost every case there was ample warning that the shooter was profoundly disturbed. That information needs to find its way into NICS. We as gun owners can participate in the solution and have a voice is the discussions, or we can dig in and have "solutions" imposed upon us without our input. But Congress is going to do SOMETHING. The President is focusing on the right issues.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
Bans have to get through the courts. Trump continues to win with judicial appointments.

The problem is the GOP isn't currently proposing a ban. Actually, I think it is worse because it is arbitrary. They are opening the door to allowing anyone who is a "risk" to have all their firearms taken away. Once it is a law, who is to say the reasons can't be expanded via executive order? An EO could also expand the length of time and the hoops people have to jump through to get them back.

That legislation puts the 2nd Amendment in the hands of judges and politicians to do what they please. I think most of us agree with the merits behind it, but I'm not sure how they close the loopholes, so it isn't taken advantage of later.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump has been better for the 2A than any Republican President I can remember nevermind the Dems.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Yes, let's have 3 pages of people venting about how Trump is going to screw everyone over, and enact laws and executive orders that will alienate 98% of the people you see at his rallies.

Please. Yes. Let's spend a few days bitching about that in this thread.

Good grief.

They were never really with the President to begin with.

Or at least they don’t pay attention. You want to turn the left against back ground checks or red flag laws? Have Trump suggest it. The left will not allow it if they have to give anything to Trump. I really don’t know how anyone can be upset over his statements. If they’ve paid attention.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Trump has stabbed us gun owners in the back before and he will do it again.

He did? How? Don't even start with bump stocks, because hardly anybody gave two shits about fracking bump stocks.

Trump on bump stocks is more like a foul tip vs a swing and a miss.
A hit would have been to defend the useless device regardless as there is no real legal reason to ban it.

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Listen, I don't have the slightest inclination to tolerate this horse shit and I am doing you a favor by telling you that in this forum, you should keep such remarks to yourself.

Donald Trump is the only reason you don't have President Hillary Clinton right now. You're unhappy? Bruh man, if it weren't for Donald Trump, you'd be occupying an entirely new and exciting universe of misery. Beyond pointing this out, I am not going to attempt to convince a blind man of what he cannnot see.

Just stow it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The last person I worry about sticking it to us is President Trump.

Since his election he has fought off the communist scum that dragged our country down. He continues the struggle & I’ll go the struggles with him in mind & spirit.

Don’t doubt him, More TRUMP in 2020 !!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, people sentenced to death in this country spend nearly 20 years on death row.

In my view, those sentenced to death should get one appeal which would be based solely on the concept that it was a fair trial. Speedy execution of sentence! Anyone else remember the case in Kalifornistan(?) where they spent more than a million dollars on medical procedures keeping him alive so they could finally execute him?

From Google: According to the Vera Institute of Justice, incarceration costs an average of more than $31,000 per inmate, per year, nationwide. In some states, it's as much as $60,000. Taxpayers foot the bill for feeding, housing and securing people in state and federal penitentiaries.

At 31K per year, that adds up to $620,000! At 60K per year, that is $1,200,000

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post