SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Lewandowski appeared to mock California Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell’s unsuccessful bid for the White House earlier this year, calling him “President Swalwell” at one point during questioning.

Heeheeheeheeheeheehee

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Agree with ChicagoSigMan 100%.

As they say in boxing, make it an ugly fight. Hold them. Tie them up. Frustrate them.

Every fair minded person knows that this is all a partisan effort to hinder and obstruct the duly elected president.

So, take the opportunities to provide colorful counter soundbites.

No one really thinks this is a bona fide "investigation" of anything.

People, especially in New York, know that Nadler's personal hate for Trump blossomed about 40 years ago. LINK

Nadler is just using his current chairmanship to keep going after Trump. Nadler's on a personal quest, denigrating the very seat Nadler occupies.

May it get ever worse for Nadler and his partisans with every witness they call.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Trump will be landing at LAX in a while for a trip to downtown LA. Miraculously, our trash, feces, and Homeless problem is almost gone.

It's a miracle! Roll Eyes

Edit to add: It's crazy. I can hear the gridlock from here. As a coincidence, I need to be Downtown and in Beverly Hills tonight. It's going to be a mess. The only bright side are all of the leftists loosing their minds while stuck in traffic.

That, and I may catch a glimpse of the motorcade. Cool

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't know who this Amanda Carpenter guest was on CNN, but even she could tell Lewandowski owned Nadler Smile

"CNN Guest: Lewandowski Owned The Dems Today"

In classic Corey Lewandowski fashion, President Donald J. Trump's former campaign manager testified before the House Judiciary Committee On Tuesday in its first hearing for its bogus effort to impeach the president. In the middle of his testimony, his Twitter account announced Lewandowski's "potential senate run." Then, he called Representative Eric Swalwell, "President Swalwell" as the former 2020 candidate tried to pester him. Lewandowski, as Townhall reported, willingly came to testify. But, House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler probably wishes he never invited him in the first place. Even CNN guests are saying that Lewandowski "owned" Congressional Democrats today.

"Look, it's clear from the Mueller report he was a willing agent of obstruction, attempted obstruction because they didn't obstruct justice. But look, we're all thinking 'what was the point of this hearing today?" CNN's Amanda Carpenter wondered on Tuesday.

"Republicans, Trump people talk about owning the Libs...Corey Lewandowksi owned the Judiciary Committee today. Jerry Nadler played a stupid game and they won a stupid prize because Corey Lewandowski just made a sham of that," Carpenter added.

"Republicans on the committee with their mockery of the process. This system is broken," she declared. "If the Democrats wanted to impeach the president, they should have started that process a long time ago."

"I don't know what they were looking to get, that they couldn't already get from the Mueller Report. They need to drop this. You can't do an impeachment in an election year. It's gonna look terrible," the CNN guest continued.

"So they need to figure out a game plan, cause it's clear, they have no idea how to handle this administration," she said disappointingly.

Yikes. When you are a leftist politician who has lost CNN, it is pretty clear that you are hopeless.

Smile

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...crats-today-n2553270

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sooo, it seems that the Dems impeachment bullshit is off to a rocky start. Cool

And who's this? Why, it's our old friend, Hank "I'm a-feared Guam's gonna tip over" Johnson, saying more stupid shit. Da fuq's that even mean, Hank?

Combative Lewandowski frustrates Democrats, as impeachment-probe hearing descends into disarray

The House Judiciary Committee's first hearing as part of its Trump impeachment investigation descended into chaos Tuesday as Democrats clashed with a combative Corey Lewandowski, trading insults and accusations with the former Trump campaign manager, who refused to answer many of their questions.

Lewandowski visibly frustrated committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., during the Democrat's first question – when the witness, in an apparent effort to stall for time, repeatedly asked Nadler to point to the specific section in the Robert Mueller report related to his question. Lewandowski was following White House orders not to discuss confidential conversations with the president beyond what was already public in the former special counsel's report.

Asked by Nadler if he met alone with President Donald Trump in June 2017, Lewandowski said, “Could you read the exact language of the report? I don’t have it available to me.”

“I don’t think I need to do that,” Nadler shot back. “I have limited time.”

Asked the question again, Lewandowski told Nadler he needed him to “refresh” his memory of what was in the report. He demanded that Democrats provide him a copy of the report, sending Democratic staff scrambling to find one.

"He's filibustering," a frustrated Nadler said.

Amid the back-and-forth, the top Republican on the committee, Georgia Rep. Doug Collins, moved to adjourn the hearing, forcing a failed voice vote that caused further delay, before questioning resumed from other lawmakers.

Lewandowski later declined to play along with certain questions. New York Democratic Rep. Hakeem Jeffries asked Lewandowski if he was Trump’s “hitman, the bag man, the lookout, or all of the above?"

"I think I'm the good looking man, actually," Lewandowski replied.

Lewandowski, considering a run for the Senate in New Hampshire in 2020, had been subpoenaed to testify about Mueller’s report. In a reminder of the political backdrop, during a recess, the witness tweeted out a link to a website promoting his possible candidacy. And Democrats referenced his ambitions.

"You are not on the campaign trail yet," Jeffries said. "This is the House Judiciary Committee. Act like you know the difference."

There were fireworks from the beginning. Nadler opened by saying the hearing is part of efforts to “determine whether to recommend articles of impeachment with respect to President Trump.” He railed against the White House’s efforts to block the testimony of two other former Trump aides — Rick Dearborn and Rob Porter — who did not show up on orders from the administration.

“This is a cover-up, plain and simple,” Nadler said of the White House’s efforts to block testimony from Dearborn and Porter.

At another point, Texas Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee told Lewandowski, “You are obviously here to block any reasonable inquiry into the truth or not of this administration."

Lewandowski fired back that he was unable to give her a response because it wasn’t a question but a “rant.”

During his questioning, Georgia Rep. Hank Johnson said, “Mr. Lewandowski, you are like a fish being cleaned with a spoon — it’s very hard to get an answer out of you.”

Lewandowski appeared to mock California Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell’s unsuccessful bid for the White House earlier this year, calling him “President Swalwell” at one point during questioning. Rhode Island Democratic Rep. David Cicilline suggested that the committee hold Lewandowski in contempt over his refusal to cooperate with Democratic questions. Nadler replied that he would consider it.

Democrats repeatedly asked questions about Mueller’s report, which said Trump asked Lewandowski to direct then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to limit Mueller's investigation. The report said Trump said that if Sessions would not meet with Lewandowski, then Lewandowski should tell Sessions he was fired. Lewandowski never delivered the message but asked Dearborn, a former Sessions aide, to do it. Dearborn said he was uncomfortable with the request and declined to deliver it, according to the report.

Tennessee Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen -- who once brought a bucket of fried chicken to a hearing after Attorney General Bill Barr did not show up for it -- suggested to Lewandowski that he “chickened out.” During another exchange, Lewandowski replied that he did not, and claimed he went on a family vacation.

In his opening statement, Lewandowski railed against the Trump investigations.

“It is now clear the investigation was populated by many Trump haters who had their own agenda – to try and take down a duly elected president of the United States,” he said. “As for actual collusion or conspiracy, there was none. What there has been, however, is harassment of this president from the day he won the election.”

The president was apparently watching, and tweeted: "Such a beautiful Opening Statement by Corey Lewandowski! Thank you Corey!"

Meanwhile, Republicans mocked the hearing, with a fired-up ranking member Collins dismissing it as “re-run season,” saying the committee’s previous hearing with Mueller didn’t “go well.” Collins dismissed the Democrats' effort to seek impeachment, saying, “You don’t have the votes.”

Mueller found that there was not enough evidence to establish a conspiracy between Trump's campaign and Russia, but reached no conclusion on obstruction of justice. Barr later made his own decision on obstruction, saying there was insufficient evidence.

"Excited about the opportunity to remind the American people today there was no collusion no obstruction," Lewandowski tweeted in the hours before the hearing. "There were lots of angry Democrats who tried to take down a duly elected President. Tune in. #Senate2020"

The hearing underscores what has been a central dilemma for House Democrats all year — they have promised to investigate Trump, aggressively, and many of their base supporters want them to move quickly to try to remove him from office. But the White House has blocked their oversight requests at most every turn, declining to provide new documents or allow former aides to testify.

The Republican Senate is certain to rebuff any House efforts to bring charges against the president. And moderate Democrats in their own caucus have expressed nervousness that the impeachment push could crowd out their other accomplishments.

Still, the Judiciary panel is moving ahead, approving rules for impeachment hearings last week.
Good read. That last paragraph about the process crowding out their own accomplishments. Just WTH would they be. A bunch of losers. Its a shame those people get all this front burner air time. Its as if we'll spend the entire 8 years talking about the dems. Never again elect a dem untill the party can be trusted to function in their roles. Hand them their ass for 50 years if thats what it takes.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
This "hearing" reminds me of the scene in The Godfather: Part II when Frank Pentangeli is testifying before the "Committee". Once everything goes south, the Committee Chairman frustratingly expresses, "I'm goona find out what the hell happened here!"

That's what I picture ol' gonadless Nadler doing on a daily basis. He has no clue and just THINKS he has this stuff sewn up in his pocket. Reap the whirlwind, BITCH!

It's toward the end at the 3:57 mark... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Freaking beautiful. My hero.

Idiots!! Big Grin

You Goddamned well deserve it!!

Where's the clerk? Where's the clock? Is the clock started? Clock the clerk in the closet, Clyde. P-p-p-point of parliamentary procedure, Pauline!!

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ That scene only needs the Queen of Hearts jumping up every few minutes, hollering, "Off with his head!"

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Freaking beautiful. My hero.

"it's a big safe congressman, there's a lot of guns in there" Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Trump just flew over us here at Dodger stadium!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
"it's a big safe congressman, there's a lot of guns in there" Big Grin
Yeah, I wonder if these rocket surgeons even heard that.

The older I get, the less I am impressed with people in positions of power.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Doug Collins and Corey Lewandowski went straight SAVAGE!!
Ol’ Corey did not even bat an eye!!!!
Quite possibly the greatest portion of CSPAN I have ever watched.

And we are still only in Trumps 1st term. Term 2 is going to be unfathomable!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm just waiting for Hank Johnson to break out the haiku.

posted Hide Post
I was LMAO, Nadler, Jackson Lee and Hank, 3 people who sure as hell shouldn't have been elected. Fuckin' commie trash still trying to invalidate the results of 2016.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hank Haiku

Any minute now!
It's been a long time comin'
Guam gwine tip ovah!

Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Doug Collins is the fucking MAN. I was on Capitol Hill in June, and he took the time to come over and say hello to my group. I love how he keeps the heat on the libtards. Never let them destroy our government.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Was watching Tucker Carlson a short time ago and the guest, a Republican Congressman stated that Dems don't want gang member databases included in red flag laws.
I guess it doesn't really surprise me.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Report This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Those poor useful idiots didn't know whether to wind their ass, or wipe their watch.

Any normal person would be too embarrassed to show up for work tomorrow.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

Ah, he actually may be flying in something that can get into PAO. I saw that TFR and thought someone must be confused as nobody’s getting a 74, or even a 75 into Palo Alto. Makes a lot more sense seeing the Ospreys though.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

Ah, he actually may be flying in something that can get into PAO. I saw that TFR and thought someone must be confused as nobody’s getting a 74, or even a 75 into Palo Alto. Makes a lot more sense seeing the Ospreys though.

Air Force One landed at LAX around 4ish, then he flew around LA in the Blackhawk Marine One to Beverly Hills for a fundraiser. It pissed off the Hollywood libs something fierce, poor little bastards couldnt make their Rodeo Drive shopping trips this afternoon due to street closures.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post