SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Bolton crossed a line somewhere along the way

I think he may have been too aggressive with the North Koreans.

I heard this morning that Bolton was talking about a "Libya Plan" in regards to North Korea which infuriated Trump as you see what a colossal clusterfuck that turned out to be and was the beginning of the end of his employment with the White House.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think nh is onto a great idea. The President should Order a immediate halt to pays for the entire dirty dem party. Seppin for those in lower positions who actually do some work. The pays for the higher up dirty dems should be at Minimum Wage and those no goods need to do some 48 hour weeks for the duration of their time in Office. Those people Owe this Country near 3 years of work. I say we call them on it and collect. That or we replace them now.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
https://theweek.com/speedreads...rictions-take-effect

SCOTUS is allowing Trump's stricter new immigration policies to go into effect nationwide while the case is litigated.
Yeah, that sounds about right.

This is HUGE. With all the blather about the President's actual attempt to enforce immigration regulation being "unconstitutional", "racist", etc..., the same authority that the Left has insisted was correct in rulings that required states to recognize same sex marriages as a "right" (regardless of how those states' electorate voted) has now legitimized what Congress and presidents enacted decades ago, but has been vilified and ignored at the expense of its citizenry.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link

US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe, as DOJ rejects last-ditch appeal

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.

McCabe -- the former deputy and acting director of the FBI -- appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
^^^I find this sentence interesting...(article linked by HRK)...
The Journal's account of the call said a senior Justice Department official expressed displeasure to McCabe that FBI agents were still looking into the Clinton Foundation, and that McCabe had defended the agent's authority to pursue the issue.

McCabe was defending FBI agents who were looking into Crooked Hillary? I thought it would've been the other way around.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
The Journal's account of the call said a senior Justice Department official expressed displeasure to McCabe that FBI agents were still looking into the Clinton Foundation, and that McCabe had defended the agent's authority to pursue the issue.

McCabe was defending FBI agents who were looking into Crooked Hillary? I thought it would've been the other way around.

As a matter of policy, I DO NOT believe a word coming out of the mouth of anyone associated with the DOJ or FBI. They are ALL proven liars.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You need to keep in mind the full context. The FBI/DOJ was trying to walk a tightrope. On the one hand we have our laws and Constitution. Hillary clearly broke many laws of which there is ample evidence and the FBI/DOJ has a duty to investigate that.

On the other hand, certain senior officials in the FBI/DOJ like Hillary and hate Trump.

So, they had to somehow find a way to thread the needle of "investigating" but clear Hillary while trying to pin something, anything on Trump.

It didn't work, but in light of the above it doesn't surprise me McCabe backed his agent "investigating" the Clinton Foundation. It isn't like anything actually came of that...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
As a matter of policy, I DO NOT believe a word coming out of the mouth of anyone associated with the DOJ or FBI. They are ALL proven liars.

^^^^ It is Unfortunate, but this is EXACTLY where We are in Our Country today! Frown

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think his deal should be 'tell us everything that leads to further indictments of others' and you get life

don't cooperate and we try you on charges of sedition and trying to overthrow the duly elected government, election tampering and any other charge that carries federal prison time

I'd like to see this bastard strapped to the chair in the gas chamber, with his cronies waiting in line right behind him

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
The only way the FBI/DOJ can get any semblance of respect or integrity back from the American people is to actually prosecute those involved with this whole thing, bottom to the very top.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's McCabe who leaked this story to the WSJ. It's bs designed to make him appear as if he was in the pursuit of actual justice against Hillary. So it's not what he leaked to the WSJ it's the fact he leaked anything at all and then lied about it. That's my take away of it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Ben Carson on “furniture-gate”

Sep. 12, 2019 - 3:47 - HUD Secretary Ben Carson on “furniture-gate,” President Trump’s visit to Baltimore and the California homeless crisis.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...45001/#sp=show-clips

President Trump goes to Baltimore to address the problems.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
China is on the move,' author claims

Sep. 12, 2019 - 4:50 - 'Deceiving the Sky: Inside Communist China's Drive for Global Supremacy' author Bill Gertz discusses China's desire to dominate the world.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...636001#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The White House confirming info that came out a month or so ago.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
May he, along with his father, ROT in hell. Just how I feel about about that whole thing...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 9/16/19

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former US Attorney to the District of Columbia

McCabe team pressures DOJ to show cards amid grand jury speculation
DOJ watchdog submits draft report on alleged FISA abuses to Barr
In a tweet Sunday, Trump said Kavanaugh "should start suing people for libel, or the Justice Department should come to his rescue."
Kamala Harris, Julian Castro Call for Brett Kavanaugh Impeachment.
New York Times updates Kavanaugh 'bombshell' to note accuser doesn't recall alleged assault.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Bolton's book is coming soon. Why am I not surprised at these ex-official aholes? Roll Eyes

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...he-has-a-lot-to-dish

John Bolton Already Talking With Book Agents: ‘He Has a Lot to Dish’
He penned one after leaving the Bush administration. Now, the president’s former top national-security aide is exploring another book.

Following his acrimonious departure from the White House, former National Security Adviser John Bolton has insisted that he will have his “say in due course.”

It hasn’t yet been a full week, but it appears he’s found a vehicle for clearing the air. According to two people with knowledge of the situation, Bolton has already expressed interest in writing a book on his time in the Trump administration, and has been in contact in recent days with literary agents interested in making that happen.

“He has a lot to dish,” one of the sources said, adding it was not clear if Bolton had settled on an agency yet.

Reached by The Daily Beast on Monday afternoon, Bolton only replied, “No comment” when asked about discussions with book agents and his potential project. But if he goes down this path, he’d be merely the latest former Trump official to try and turn their noisy exit into bestselling gold.

During the Trump presidency, there have been several occasions in which a former loyalist has published a “tell-all” book or memoir that infuriated the president and his senior staff.

Last year, Omarosa Manigault Newman, a former Trump friend and Apprentice candidate who took a senior post in his administration, revealed she had surreptitiously recorded audio of the president and blasted him as a mentally unstable racist in her book UNHINGED. Trump’s attorney Charles Harder responded by sending the publisher Simon & Schuster a letter threatening them “should you proceed with publishing and selling the Book,” and that such “claims would include, among others, tortious interference with the Agreement, and inducement of Ms. Manigault-Newman to breach [her NDA].” (For all the legal bluster from Team Trump, the threat proved empty.)

Earlier this year, former Trump adviser Cliff Sims came out with a different tell-all, titled Team of Vipers, about life and tumult inside Trumpworld. The book enraged the president, and led to his presidential campaign filing an arbitration claim against Sims, claiming he violated an NDA. This led to the former White House official suing Trump, alleging the president was trying to “silence” former staffers and was trampling on his First Amendment rights.

It is unclear if Bolton has also signed an NDA, though it seems likely he has owing to the position he held and the requirements placed on other White House officials.

When unflattering books about him are released, the president is known to obsess over media coverage of the published accounts, and will often instruct his lieutenants and senior White House aides to wage public-relations campaigns against the authors.

It’s unclear what, exactly, a Bolton-penned book on the Trump era would look like, but he left the administration on a highly contentious, abrupt note. And if history is any guide, a new book would likely be well positioned to provoke Trump’s ire. In 2007, Bolton penned a book about his time working in the Bush administration which, a review from the Economist noted, came off like the musings of a “domineering bully.”

“Surely even John Bolton cannot be quite as curmudgeonly as this?” read the review. “In a memoir devoted mainly to his nearly six years of government service under President George Bush, America's former ambassador to the United Nations has a bad word for almost everyone who dared stand up to him.”

Bush, unlike President Trump, didn’t try to publicly humiliate Bolton on his way out the door.

Early last week, Trump posted to Twitter that “I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House,” and that “I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning.” Shortly after, Bolton himself took to Twitter to claim that Trump couldn’t have fired him, because he had already quit.

From there on, the White House went out of its way to lash out at Bolton on the record. White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham texted The Daily Beast on Tuesday, “Last night, Potus said he wanted Bolton’s resignation on his desk tomorrow AM. Bolton delivered it. Simply put, many of Bolton’s policy priorities did not align w POTUS.” Bolton, one of the administration’s most prominent war hawks, quickly responded in a text message stating that Grisham’s “statement is flatly incorrect.”

As Bolton plots his next act, it’s also unclear whether a book would be his only media endeavor. Shortly after leaving the Bush administration in 2007, he also joined Fox News, where he remained as a contributor until being hired by Trump. Although some Fox News personalities like Tucker Carlson have been very critical of Bolton upon his departure from the Trump administration, he was already texting with Fox News personalities, spinning his side of the story of his departure.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and in another piece of good news, another liberal news 'anchor' or as some would call it, an albatross has kicked off

Cokie (Cookie) Roberts passed away and I won't be shedding any tears for her - one less mouthpiece for the media honking their Never Trump agenda

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sooo, it seems that the Dems impeachment bullshit is off to a rocky start. Cool

And who's this? Why, it's our old friend, Hank "I'm a-feared Guam's gonna tip over" Johnson, saying more stupid shit. Da fuq's that even mean, Hank?

Combative Lewandowski frustrates Democrats, as impeachment-probe hearing descends into disarray

The House Judiciary Committee's first hearing as part of its Trump impeachment investigation descended into chaos Tuesday as Democrats clashed with a combative Corey Lewandowski, trading insults and accusations with the former Trump campaign manager, who refused to answer many of their questions.

Lewandowski visibly frustrated committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., during the Democrat's first question – when the witness, in an apparent effort to stall for time, repeatedly asked Nadler to point to the specific section in the Robert Mueller report related to his question. Lewandowski was following White House orders not to discuss confidential conversations with the president beyond what was already public in the former special counsel's report.

Asked by Nadler if he met alone with President Donald Trump in June 2017, Lewandowski said, “Could you read the exact language of the report? I don’t have it available to me.”

“I don’t think I need to do that,” Nadler shot back. “I have limited time.”

Asked the question again, Lewandowski told Nadler he needed him to “refresh” his memory of what was in the report. He demanded that Democrats provide him a copy of the report, sending Democratic staff scrambling to find one.

"He's filibustering," a frustrated Nadler said.

Amid the back-and-forth, the top Republican on the committee, Georgia Rep. Doug Collins, moved to adjourn the hearing, forcing a failed voice vote that caused further delay, before questioning resumed from other lawmakers.

Lewandowski later declined to play along with certain questions. New York Democratic Rep. Hakeem Jeffries asked Lewandowski if he was Trump’s “hitman, the bag man, the lookout, or all of the above?"

"I think I'm the good looking man, actually," Lewandowski replied.

Lewandowski, considering a run for the Senate in New Hampshire in 2020, had been subpoenaed to testify about Mueller’s report. In a reminder of the political backdrop, during a recess, the witness tweeted out a link to a website promoting his possible candidacy. And Democrats referenced his ambitions.

"You are not on the campaign trail yet," Jeffries said. "This is the House Judiciary Committee. Act like you know the difference."

There were fireworks from the beginning. Nadler opened by saying the hearing is part of efforts to “determine whether to recommend articles of impeachment with respect to President Trump.” He railed against the White House’s efforts to block the testimony of two other former Trump aides — Rick Dearborn and Rob Porter — who did not show up on orders from the administration.

“This is a cover-up, plain and simple,” Nadler said of the White House’s efforts to block testimony from Dearborn and Porter.

At another point, Texas Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee told Lewandowski, “You are obviously here to block any reasonable inquiry into the truth or not of this administration."

Lewandowski fired back that he was unable to give her a response because it wasn’t a question but a “rant.”

During his questioning, Georgia Rep. Hank Johnson said, “Mr. Lewandowski, you are like a fish being cleaned with a spoon — it’s very hard to get an answer out of you.”

Lewandowski appeared to mock California Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell’s unsuccessful bid for the White House earlier this year, calling him “President Swalwell” at one point during questioning. Rhode Island Democratic Rep. David Cicilline suggested that the committee hold Lewandowski in contempt over his refusal to cooperate with Democratic questions. Nadler replied that he would consider it.

Democrats repeatedly asked questions about Mueller’s report, which said Trump asked Lewandowski to direct then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to limit Mueller's investigation. The report said Trump said that if Sessions would not meet with Lewandowski, then Lewandowski should tell Sessions he was fired. Lewandowski never delivered the message but asked Dearborn, a former Sessions aide, to do it. Dearborn said he was uncomfortable with the request and declined to deliver it, according to the report.

Tennessee Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen -- who once brought a bucket of fried chicken to a hearing after Attorney General Bill Barr did not show up for it -- suggested to Lewandowski that he “chickened out.” During another exchange, Lewandowski replied that he did not, and claimed he went on a family vacation.

In his opening statement, Lewandowski railed against the Trump investigations.

“It is now clear the investigation was populated by many Trump haters who had their own agenda – to try and take down a duly elected president of the United States,” he said. “As for actual collusion or conspiracy, there was none. What there has been, however, is harassment of this president from the day he won the election.”

The president was apparently watching, and tweeted: "Such a beautiful Opening Statement by Corey Lewandowski! Thank you Corey!"

Meanwhile, Republicans mocked the hearing, with a fired-up ranking member Collins dismissing it as “re-run season,” saying the committee’s previous hearing with Mueller didn’t “go well.” Collins dismissed the Democrats' effort to seek impeachment, saying, “You don’t have the votes.”

Mueller found that there was not enough evidence to establish a conspiracy between Trump's campaign and Russia, but reached no conclusion on obstruction of justice. Barr later made his own decision on obstruction, saying there was insufficient evidence.

"Excited about the opportunity to remind the American people today there was no collusion no obstruction," Lewandowski tweeted in the hours before the hearing. "There were lots of angry Democrats who tried to take down a duly elected President. Tune in. #Senate2020"

The hearing underscores what has been a central dilemma for House Democrats all year — they have promised to investigate Trump, aggressively, and many of their base supporters want them to move quickly to try to remove him from office. But the White House has blocked their oversight requests at most every turn, declining to provide new documents or allow former aides to testify.

The Republican Senate is certain to rebuff any House efforts to bring charges against the president. And moderate Democrats in their own caucus have expressed nervousness that the impeachment push could crowd out their other accomplishments.

Still, the Judiciary panel is moving ahead, approving rules for impeachment hearings last week.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Mr. Lewandowski knows exactly how to handle these "investigations." He provides a template for all witnesses. Refuse to play along. Ridicule them. Don't surrender an inch. Enough is enough. If the Dems want to play stupid games and waste everyone's time, we can play right along with them.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post