SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Trump campaign will spend 10 million bucks on some commercial time during the Super Bowl. It should be a good one...

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...n-on-super-bowl-ads/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Looks like the Trump campaign will spend 10 million bucks on some commercial time during the Super Bowl. It should be a good one...

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...n-on-super-bowl-ads/

It should just be a montage of Pelosi, Schumer, Warren etc acting crazy and saying stupid things and then Trump has a voice-over at the end and says "and they call ME the crazy one?" Big Grin

I wonder if the network carrying the game will balk at airing something from Trump? I'm sure the Woke NFL will try and block them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"bombshell" is an over used word. But when Peter Schweizer writes a book

Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite ,

it might apply

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-tip-of-the-iceberg/

The upcoming book, Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite, is the latest investigative work from Government Accountability Institute (GAI) President and Breitbart News senior contributor Peter Schweizer.

A forthcoming bombshell book from publishing giant HarperCollins will reveal how five members of Joe Biden’s family—the “Biden Five”—siphoned tens of millions of dollars in taxpayer cash and guaranteed loans. And the recent scandals involving Joe and Hunter Biden, Ukraine, and Burisma are just “the tip of the iceberg,” say sources close to the publisher.

Beyond the Biden revelations, Profiles in Corruption also contains chapters with breaking news on top progressive luminaries, including: Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar, Kamala Harris, Sherrod Brown, Eric Garcetti, and Cory Booker.

In a statement to Axios’s Mike Allen, the author described the book as “a sweeping, detailed look at how the leading figures of progressivism have leveraged the power of their positions.” The book reportedly took a year and a half to research.

this is the author of "Clinton Cash"

Just hours after publishing giant HarperCollins unveiled the cover and title of the upcoming investigative book Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite on Thursday, the book rocketed from #822,128 to #3 on Amazon. The book doesn’t hit bookstores until January 21.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Peter Schweizer is a man who knows what he's talking about. I imagine there will be more than just embarrassing revelations in his upcoming book.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I wonder if the network carrying the game will balk at airing something from Trump? I'm sure the Woke NFL will try and block them. Roll Eyes

Money talks. Everything else walks.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:

But they will sell all the Super Bowl airtime regardless so money doesn’t matter.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:

But they will sell all the Super Bowl airtime regardless so money doesn’t matter.

The Game is on Fox.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
OK - this moves up very high on my list of favorite Trump trolls. I really did laugh out loud when I saw it.

Lisa Friedman is the 'Climate change' reporter for the NY Times.

Let's check with the WH for confirmation...Wait for it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Big Grin ^^^^ Hahahaha!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
New Trump 2020 rally slogan to ad to “Make America Great Again” is going to be Keep America Great”.

I so wish i could have the pleasure to attend a Trump rally.

He as usual is riveting the crowd.

HaHaHa. Pencil neck Schiff!

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Trump from tonight's Ohio rally:

Don't I get credit for taking all this (abuse from Demonrats and MSM, etc.)?

Most guys would have been in the corner with their thumb in their mouth crying Mommy take me home. Big Grin

Gotta luv this guy!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
JUST IN: Court Approves $3.6 Billion For Border Wall; Trump Responds

Late Wednesday, a federal appeals court overturned a lower court ruling, thus allowing the Trump administration to divert $3.6B in military construction funds to the Trump-promised southern border wall.

“The decision from the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, based in New Orleans, lifts an injunction issued last month in Texas that blocked the reallocation plan,” USA Today reported early Thursday morning. “In the 2-1 ruling, judges granted the administration’s request to temporarily halt the nationwide injunction from U.S. District Judge David Briones of El Paso. Congress appropriated the $3.6 billion to the Department of Defense for 127 construction projects, Briones had ruled, so the Trump administration shouldn’t divert it to the border wall.”

President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Thursday morning to celebrate the legal victory.

“Breaking News: The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals just reversed a lower court decision & gave us the go ahead to build one of the largest sections of the desperately needed Southern Border Wall, Four Billion Dollars,” the president posted.

“Entire Wall is under construction or getting ready to start!” he added.

Last year, President Trump declared a national emergency at the southern border, seeking to free up billions for border wall funding.

“President Trump declared a national emergency over border security in February 2019, ordering government agencies to search for a total of $6.7 billion they could divert from military and other projects toward construction of a wall that has formed a central plank of his presidency,” The Wall Street Journal explained. “That declaration allowed him to skirt Congress, which had only allotted $1.38 billion toward new border barriers.”

“We’re going to confront the national security crisis on our southern border, and we’re going to do it one way or another,” Trump said at the Rose Garden, standing before Border Patrol agents and “Angel Moms” (mothers whose children were killed by illegals).

“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action — including a national emergency — to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis at the border,” read a statement from then-White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders. “The President is once again delivering on his promise to build the wall, protect the border, and secure our great country.”

Thus far, the Trump administration has built nearly a hundred miles of border wall, Newsweek reported last week:

“In a border wall status report provided to Newsweek, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency said that as of December 27th, the Trump administration had overseen the construction of 98 miles of ‘new border wall system.'”

The construction thus far has been “in place of dilapidated and outdated designs,” according to the outlet.

“CBP has said that construction on brand new barriers is currently underway,” said Newsweek, noting that Trump would need to add over 30 miles of wall before the end of 2020 to keep his promise.

“When it comes to making our country safer, securing our border, enforcing our laws and helping stop illegal immigration, President Trump has kept his promises,” said Trump campaign team deputy press secretary Daniel Bucheli.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...8ydiQ&_hsmi=81719323

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.rasmussenreports.c...act&utm_medium=email

The economy continues to wow this month with the Rasmussen Reports Economic Index hitting 147.8 in January, up 3.5 points from last month and smashing through the five-year high .

Enthusiasm about the economy started to grow immediately following Donald Trump's election as president in November 2016 and spiked to 145.9 in February 2018.

By comparison, in President Obama’s final years in office, this index reached a high of 121.5 in January 2015 and was at 108.1 his last month in the White House.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

hey, let's impeach this guy. Who wants all this "enthusiasm about the economy" anyhow ? Smile

posted Hide Post
Pelosi is folding her hand:

Pelosi To Send Articles Of Impeachment To Senate Next Week

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...ent-senate-next-week

After several weeks of delays, Nancy Pelosi's gambit of withholding the articles of impeachment from the Senate appears to have backfired following intense pressure not only from Republicans - amid a series of political, economic and stock market victories by Trump who managed to put the impeachment news solidly on the back burner - but also amid a rising outcry by frustrated Democrats, and moments ago the House Speaker said the House will prepare to send articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump to the Senate next week, just one day after Mitch McConnell said he was backing a resolution to change the Senate’s rules to allow for lawmakers to dismiss the articles of impeachment against Trump before the House sends them over.

"I have asked Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler to be prepared to bring to the floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate,” Pelosi wrote in a letter to House Democrats on Friday.

“I will be consulting with you at our Tuesday House Democratic Caucus meeting on how we proceed further" she wrote further, effectively capitulating to Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell, who has promised a speedy acquittal of Trump, and has all but told Pelosi to pound sand, saying in a Wednesday speech on the Senate floor: "There will no haggling with the House over Senate procedure," adding "We will not cede our authority to try this impeachment."

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Bloomberg thinks he can buy his way to the WH.

I dislike all of them, but Bloomberg is extra special.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Typical Trump; playing the media like a fiddle and whipping them up into a frenzy all while he’s working the issue behind the scenes!

From Zero Hedge:

"I'd Like To See Them Call Me": How Trump Used An Encrypted Swiss Fax Machine To Defuse The Iran Crisis

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I dislike all of them, but Bloomberg is extra special.

Bloomberg is obviously a brilliant businessman, spending hundreds of millions of dollars for 3% of the Democrats' votes.

Was this guy a brilliant businessman at one time who has now gone senile/crazy, or afflicted with dementia or Alzheimer's?

How did he make his fortune? What is the naked truth about his success? Does anyone know?

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

People can buy only the things that are for sale.

I’m not disturbed by the fact that a candidate may think he can buy his way to the presidency, but by the reason why: Far too many people are more willing to (figuratively) sell their votes to those willing and able to buy the most advertising rather than looking at the issues and the candidates themselves to make their decisions. Someone who votes for candidate A because he can purchase twice the advertising as candidate B shouldn’t even be allowed to vote.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

And Trump spends far less than Hillary to win the 2016 election.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post