SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Just sounds like a typical Never-Trumper self-reporting. You know, Trump has had no success and never will because "orange man."

Little domestic policy success? My stars.

I must admit, the British look like they lack basic confidence in themselves with how they're handling Brexit.

Could it be that their perceptions of what leadership is like skewed along the way?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
This all sounds to me like Sir What's-His-Name got his knickers in a bunch over some perceived personal slight by the President and pouted in his cables. Trump being not in proper form, and all that.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Alex Morgan gets praised for her “sipping tea with pinky finger up” antic after she scored a goal against England at the Women’s World Cup soccer tourney, but Trump gets blasted for telling the Brit ambassador to USA to “pound sand” after communication cables get released.

I guess it’s all about whose ox got gored and by whom, eh wot!?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a list of all the fallen critics of Donald Trump?

All the FBI people unemployed because they hated Trump. Megan Kelly she was famous once.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump to announce executive action on census citizenship question
BY JORDAN FABIAN AND BRETT SAMUELS - 07/11/19 08:46 AM EDT

>>>> https://thehill.com/homenews/a...citizenship-question

====================

..................."Trump tweeted that he will hold a news conference in the afternoon “on the Census and Citizenship.”

White House officials declined to discuss the content of the executive action, but said it may not be a full-blown executive order.

Trump has hinted in recent days that he may use an executive order to force the inclusion of a citizenship question on census forms following the high court’s decision in late June.

But any executive action taken by Trump is likely to be met with another round of legal challenges.

The administration’s effort to add a citizenship question has been the subject of a months-long legal battle that has often caused confusion......................."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HighZonie,

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I bet if President Trump gets the citizen question on the census the left will non stop air commercials telling everyone to mark their as a citizen regardless of the truth.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
HighZonie,
What is with these bogus links?

The below shows up as an outlook ad. An earlier one showed up as a recipe for yummy potatoes or something like that. Curious...

quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
Trump to announce executive action on census citizenship question
BY JORDAN FABIAN AND BRETT SAMUELS - 07/11/19 08:46 AM EDT

>>>> https://outlook.live.com/mail/...f1R0JOlK3cCj0Hclk%3D

====================

..................."Trump tweeted that he will hold a news conference in the afternoon “on the Census and Citizenship.”

White House officials declined to discuss the content of the executive action, but said it may not be a full-blown executive order.

Trump has hinted in recent days that he may use an executive order to force the inclusion of a citizenship question on census forms following the high court’s decision in late June.

But any executive action taken by Trump is likely to be met with another round of legal challenges.

The administration’s effort to add a citizenship question has been the subject of a months-long legal battle that has often caused confusion......................."

Posts: 6912 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
HighZonie,

The below shows up as an outlook ad. An earlier one showed up as a recipe for yummy potatoes or something like that. Curious...

Correct link to the Hill Article

Correctamundo Link

Posts: 23377 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks HRK!

Posts: 6912 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
DOW cracks 27,000 today for the first time.

“It’s the economy, stupid.”
- James Carville

Posts: 13226 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump set to host controversial social media summit
BY EMILY BIRNBAUM - 07/11/19 01:27 PM EDT 51

The Hill >> https://thehill.com/policy/tec...ummit?rnd=1562866115

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
HighZonie,

Correct link to the Hill Article

Correctamundo Link

==================================

==============================

Sorry about that - I had too many pages open and accidentally copied the link to the wrong page. Fixed the original post now.

Thanks HRK for stepping in to help while I was away.

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

- James Carville

27,088.8 Awesome. Can’t wait unti it hits 30,000 Cool

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

- James Carville

27,088.8 Awesome. Can’t wait unti it hits 30,000 Cool

And of course, we ALL know that Pres. Trump had NOTHING to do with this economy!!! If your portfolio is not looking good these days, you have a serious financial problem!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my 401k and IRA are both doing well

I hope they keep doing well...I might be able to retire early

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hahaha...

All the talking head orangemanbad folks were just sure that our fine President was going to do an EO directing the citizenship question to be on the census in defiance of the Supremes.

What does he do instead? Direct Executive Branch departments to report info from a myriad of already existing databases that can be collated, tabulated, and extrapolated to determine with a high degree of accuracy (projected 90%+) the citizenship status of the population.

Probably will be even more accurate than the census could ever hope to be. I tell you, chess not checkers!

More W I N N I N G!!!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
my 401k and IRA are both doing well

I hope they keep doing well...I might be able to retire early

My retirement account is up over $100K since Oct 2016. On track to retire at 60 at this pace, even if it slows considerably!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Hahaha...

All the talking head orangemanbad folks were just sure that our fine President was going to do an EO directing the citizenship question to be on the census in defiance of the Supremes.

What does he do instead? Direct Executive Branch departments to report info from a myriad of already existing databases that can be collated, tabulated, and extrapolated to determine with a high degree of accuracy (projected 90%+) the citizenship status of the population.

Probably will be even more accurate than the census could ever hope to be. I tell you, chess not checkers!

More W I N N I N G!!!

A stroke of genius. What do the Dems do, complain the numbers arw inaccurate because they are not part of the official census?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Hahaha...

More W I N N I N G!!!

A stroke of genius. What do the Dems do, complain the numbers arw inaccurate because they are not part of the official census?

Comment that they are not from the census, so it doesn't matter because those illegals still get the right to vote.

I'm pissed CA gets more of a vote due to their illegal population. Their illegals get more political clout than the entire state of Wyoming, that's not fair. I want the EC and House determined by the citizenry, not the population. I'm fine with allocating fed funds by population, but I want EC and House determined by citizens. Fail,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20806 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Hahaha...

More W I N N I N G!!!

Comment that they are not from the census, so it doesn't matter because those illegals still get the right to vote.

I'm pissed CA gets more of a vote due to their illegal population. Their illegals get more political clout than the entire state of Wyoming, that's not fair. I want the EC and House determined by the citizenry, not the population. I'm fine with allocating fed funds by population, but I want EC and House determined by citizens. Fail,

Well, I’m a CA resident and the only place I disagree with you is on allocating Fed funds by population instead of by citizens. If CA government wants to give money to illegals, they should have to take it from CA citizens/legitimate voters. When CA residents see the money going to illegals coming out of their own pockets/entitlements instead of just being Federal dollars, maybe they’ll look at the whole sanctuary city thing differently...