SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump, speaking today at the White House:

"The last administration said 'Assad must go'. They could have easily produced that outcome, but they didn't. In fact they drew a very powerful 'red line in the sand'- you all remember the 'red line in the sand', when children were gassed and killed- but then, did not honor their commitment, as other children died in the same horrible manner. But, I did honor my commitment, with fifty-eight Tomahawks. Eight long years after President Obama's ill-fated push at regime change, US troops are still on the ground in Syria. More than half a million people are dead, hundreds of thosands are terribly injured, and millions more Syrians are displaced. It really is a nightmare of misery. Across the Middle East, we have seen anguish in a colossal scale. We have spent eight trillion dollars on wars in the Middle East, never really wanting to win those wars, but after all that money was spent and all those lives lost, the young men and women- gravely wounded, so many- the Middle East is less safe, less stable, and less secure than before these conflicts began.
The same people pushing for these wars are often the ones demanding America opens its doors to unlimited migration from war-torn regions, importing the terrorism, and the threat of terrorism right to our own shores. But not anymore. My administration understands that immigration security is national security."

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
good move by those REP House members

(wcb6092 post above and para video above)

https://twitter.com/RepByrne/s.../1187032991996039169

Adam Schiff just SHUT DOWN his secret underground impeachment hearing after I led a group of Republicans into the room. Now he's threatening me with an Ethics complaint! I'm on the Armed Services Cmte but being blocked from the Dept. Asst. SecDef's testimony. This is a SHAM!

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dozens of House Republicans stormed a secure hearing room where lawmakers are conducting impeachment proceedings and demanded entry but were denied by “Democratic leadership,”

I have yet to see many Democrats that would deny me entry to any room I wished to go into. They should have forced their way in, physically if necessary.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
These secret, Soviet-style tribunals that the Dems are holding as part of this "impeachment" farce is NOT going to end well for them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
GOP Lawmakers Storm Secure Impeachment Chamber – Stage ‘Sit-In’ – Then Order Pizza!

Republican lawmakers on Wednesday barged into the secret impeachment chamber, defended President Trump and shouted at the lawless Democrats.

Members of the House Freedom Caucus such as Reps. Biggs, Meadows, Gohmert, Jordan and Gaetz led the way Wednesday.

The House Democrats brought in Pentagon official Laura Cooper for another secret hearing and the Republicans were not having it and stormed the SCIF [Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility].

The Republicans staged a “sit-in” and ordered pizza!

GOP Reps. Scalise and Jordan bought Domino’s Pizza and offered some to the press. Meadows delivered 14 boxes of Domino’s Pizza to the reporters who were camped out.

Reporters told Meadows they couldn’t accept gifts to which he replied, “There is no quid pro quo. You can eat it!”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...in-then-order-pizza/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I hope this is all as good as it sounds

https://www.newstalk.com/news/...ons-ceasefire-917796

In recent days, the US and Turkey had agreed that a temporary ceasefire would be implemented in the region amid growing international outcry over Ankara's offensive.

In a statement today, President Trump claimed the ceasefire has now become "permanent".

He suggested the ceasefire had held "beyond expectations", and the Turkish government had confirmed they would be halting their combat operations.

Speaking in the White House, he said: "You would also define the word permanent in that part of the world as somewhat questionable, we all understand that... but I do believe it will be permanent.

and

https://www.breitbart.com/nati...-kurds-thanks-trump/

General Mazloum Abdi, the pre-eminent military leader of the Syrian Kurds, thanked President Donald Trump on Wednesday for his efforts in stopping a Turkish offensive and negotiating a cease-fire.

General Mazloum, who leads the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), issued his statement shortly after the president announced the U.S. was lifting economic sanctions on Turkey in return for its commitment to a “permanent” cease-fire.

That commitment had been announced the day before, when Russia and Turkey agreed to joint patrols within 10 km of the Syria-Turkey border, and the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) agreed to withdraw 30 km south of the border

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
good move by those REP House members

Adam Schiff just SHUT DOWN his secret underground impeachment hearing after I led a group of Republicans into the room. Now he's threatening me with an Ethics complaint! I'm on the Armed Services Cmte but being blocked from the Dept. Asst. SecDef's testimony. This is a SHAM!

It's about time a Republican team took the field.

They spent too much time taping up.

If they want to do it up they should hire some circus performers to entertain the reporters so they wouldn't miss anything going on inside.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

"The last administration said 'Assad must go'. They could have easily produced that outcome, but they didn't. In fact they drew a very powerful 'red line in the sand'- you all remember the 'red line in the sand', when children were gassed and killed- but then, did not honor their commitment, as other children died in the same horrible manner. But, I did honor my commitment, with fifty-eight Tomahawks. Eight long years after President Obama's ill-fated push at regime change, US troops are still on the ground in Syria. More than half a million people are dead, hundreds of thosands are terribly injured, and millions more Syrians are displaced. It really is a nightmare of misery. Across the Middle East, we have seen anguish in a colossal scale. We have spent eight trillion dollars on wars in the Middle East, never really wanting to win those wars, but after all that money was spent and all those lives lost, the young men and women- gravely wounded, so many- the Middle East is less safe, less stable, and less secure than before these conflicts began.
The same people pushing for these wars are often the ones demanding America opens its doors to unlimited migration from war-torn regions, importing the terrorism, and the threat of terrorism right to our own shores. But not anymore. My administration understands that immigration security is national security."

What is there in the President's statement that doesn't make sense? People are missing the forest for the trees!!

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
“It is time for us to get out of these ridiculous endless wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. We will fight where it is to our benefit, and only fight to win.”

55% of Democratic Likely Voters agree.

We did not name the quote source.

It's by @realDonaldTrump...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I wanted so badly to find a compilation video of politicians—from BOTH political parties and the entire Main Stream Media losing their minds over the President’s decision to withdraw U.S. SOF situated between the Kurds and the Turks. You all heard them either wringing their hands or angry at Trump “abandoning” the Kurds. Well he didn’t abandon anyone. Once again, he did what he said he was going to do and extricate our country from these endless Middle Eastern conflicts, where it makes sense to do so. I hope Tucker Carlson puts one of those videos together of all those predicting gloom and doom, loss of American credibility, etc., etc. Congratulations, Mr. President

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I think only Tucker Carlson would attempt such a task. Did the MSM even cover President Trump's speech today?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
another excerpt from the President's speech:

"As a candidate for President, I made clear that we needed a new approach to American foreign policy, one guided not by ideology, but by experience, history, and a realistic understanding of the world.

We are building up America’s military might like never before, investing $2.5 trillion since my election. But we will not be depleted. We will not happen again. It will not be allowed to happen again, where our military is depleted, fighting in areas of the world where we shouldn’t be.

When we commit American troops to battle, we must do so only when a vital national interest is at stake, and when we have a clear objective, a plan for victory, and a path out of conflict. That’s what we have to have. We need a plan of victory. We will only win. Our whole basis has to be the right plan, and then we will only win. Nobody can beat us. Nobody can beat us.
The job of our military is not to police the world. Other nations must step up and do their fair share. That hasn’t taken place. Today’s breakthrough is a critical step in that direction.

Thank you all very much, and God bless America. Thank you. Thank you."

https://publicpool.kinja.com/s...uation-in-1839298423

Sounds very Patton or Schwarzkopf-like. And for our Troops, that is a good thing.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

"The last administration said 'Assad must go'....
...The same people pushing for these wars are often the ones demanding America opens its doors to unlimited migration from war-torn regions, importing the terrorism, and the threat of terrorism right to our own shores. But not anymore. My administration understands that immigration security is national security."

What is there in the President's statement that doesn't make sense? People are missing the forest for the trees!!

They are not missing anything. Whatever the President says or does that is 110% right, they will still blame and attack him. He's a monster that defeated their queen. They despise him and want to remove him from office by any means necessary, short of pointing a gun to his head. November 2020 can't come soon enough so we can crush these maggots again.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Impeachment Backfiring: GOP Polling Memo Shows Public Turning Against Democrat Efforts to Oust Trump

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...hows-public-turning/

A memo by the Republican National Committee (RNC) that contains internal GOP polling data shows the American public, even Democrat voters, are turning against the Democrat Party’s “impeachment inquiry” into President Donald Trump.

The memo, obtained exclusively by Breitbart News, shows independent voters nationwide en masse oppose impeachment—with 54 percent opposed and only 34 percent in favor.

“We have seen public polling drastically under sample Independent voters, which is one of the many reasons for so much incorrect public data over the past month,” the memo explains regarding the disparity between internal GOP numbers and public polling from news organizations and polling institutions.

What’s more, internal RNC polling data, according to this memo, shows Democrats have lost support among their own base significantly in just the past week.

“Support among Democrats for the ridiculous attempt to remove the President from office is down 10 points over the past week,” the memo says.

Among all voters, the memo says support for impeachment has dropped in the past week by five percent—a remarkable shift against the Democrats in just one week, while the president’s support levels have increased across the board, especially among Republicans, with whom he now enjoys a 90 percent approval rating.

The memo notes that the RNC is closely tracking impeachment support and opposition with its own sophisticated polling method, which is more accurate than the public polling.

“The RNC is tracking support for impeachment on a weekly basis using our sophisticated, battle tested voter score program,” the memo says.

The internal polling data showing impeachment failing comes towards the end of the broader page-and-a-half memo, which explains why the public polling is so different from what the RNC is finding. These unreliable public surveys range from a recent Gallup survey to a recent Fox News poll and others that somehow suggest impeachment support is on the rise since Democrats moved forward with it a month ago, when in fact it is not.

“Over the past month, many news outlets have published polls regarding the impeachment inquiry with highly inconsistent and inaccurate methodologies that lead to inaccurate top line results,” the memo opens. “This memo seeks to breakdown the methodology in recently released polls and provide insight in what to watch out for in these releases, especially when compared to the RNC’s proven internal polling. We took a look at three common issues with recent public polling.”

Under the memo’s first subheading, “Flawed Sampling Methodology,” the RNC memo explains that both the Gallup and the Fox News polls were incorrect because they used methods that do not produce accurate results.

The Gallup survey, for instance, polled just “adults”—not registered or likely voters—meaning that people who are ineligible to vote like illegal aliens could be included in the survey.

“Many of the recently released public polls don’t poll registered, or ideally, likely voters, they poll all adults, often not even verifying that they’re eligible voters,” the RNC memo continues. “For instance, the recent Gallup poll released last week, that fielded from October 1st through 13th, they admittedly surveyed 1,526 adults 18+ living in the US – this does not mean that these people are even eligible voters, much less registered or likely voters.”

The RNC memo says the Fox News poll, which has come under fire from all sides, including its fellow News Corporation publication, the New York Post, used a flawed sample-gathering method called “random digit dialing,” which is “outdated” and unreliable at best.

“Similarly, the recent Fox News poll that fielded October 6th through 8th, while they intended to survey Registered Voters, they used a wildly outdated methodology to do so – Random Digit Dialing,” the RNC memo continues. “With this methodology, there is no way to ensure that the voters contacted are actually registered voters – much like with self-reported vote intention, voters lie when asked about self-reported voter registration, and many more do not know if they are registered to vote in a given jurisdiction.”

Under the next subheading, “Bad Partisan Split,” the RNC memo rips the Fox News poll again for its inaccuracies as well as the recent Pew survey.

“Many of the recent polls released used a wildly inaccurate partisan split,” the RNC memo states, adding:

For the more egregious example, look no farther than the aforementioned Fox News Poll that fielded October 6th through 8th. The self-identified party breakdown of the poll is 48% Democrat, 40% Republican, and 12% Independent. In this poll, the high number of Democrats and low percentage of Independents drives support for impeachment.

As for the Pew poll, it is even worse than the Fox News poll.

“Looking at another recent poll that Pew released – fielding from October 1st through 13th – we see a similar issue with the partisan split,” the RNC memo says. “This survey counted 1,942 of their respondents as Democrat or Lean Democrat out of 3,487 (56%), which is a significantly higher percentage of self-identifying Democrats than is representative of the national electorate.”

The next subheading, “Historically Inaccurate,” jabs again at Fox, Pew, and Gallup—while also ripping SurveyUSA.

“If the flawed methodology this cycle weren’t enough, many of these pollsters do not have a strong track record,” the RNC memo continues. “For example, Fox News, in 2016 projected that Hillary Clinton would win the popular vote by +4%. Additionally, Pew, who also released a recent poll, projected Clinton would win the popular vote by +6 points, which was -4 points off the actual result. Another one, Survey USA, who just recently released a wildly flawed poll, projected that Clinton would win the popular vote by +10 points – a result -8 points off from the actual result. An even worse offender, Gallup, starting at the beginning of October in 2016, just flat out refused to poll the head-to-head matchup in the Presidential race.”

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
at some point the dems are going to have to pay a very heavy price for their sedition

they must be made an example of so that no one ever tries to do this again

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The last person to testify in secret to Schiff's committee was Bill Taylor.

He got DEMs all fired up because he said President Trump did trade favors for Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden's son

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...a-backed-think-tank/

Who is William Taylor? Impeachment Star Witness Has Long Relationship with Burisma-Backed Think Tank

U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor, who provided key testimony to the Democrats’ controversial impeachment inquiry yesterday, has evidenced a close relationship with the Atlantic Council think tank, even writing Ukraine policy pieces with the organization’s director and analysis articles published by the Council.

The Atlantic Council is funded by and works in partnership with Burisma, the natural gas company at the center of allegations regarding Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

In addition to a direct relationship with the Atlantic Council, Taylor for the last nine years also served as a senior adviser to the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), which has co-hosted events with the Atlantic Council and has participated in events co-hosted jointly by the Atlantic Council and Burisma.

Another senior adviser to the USUBC is David J. Kramer, a long-time adviser to late Senator John McCain. Kramer played a central role in disseminating the anti-Trump dossier to the news media and Obama administration. Taylor participated in events and initiatives organized by Kramer.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

such a small world

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
More than half a million people are dead, hundreds of thosands are terribly injured, and millions more Syrians are displaced. It really is a nightmare of misery. Across the Middle East, we have seen anguish in a colossal scale. We have spent eight trillion dollars on wars in the Middle East, never really wanting to win those wars, but after all that money was spent and all those lives lost, the young men and women- gravely wounded, so many- the Middle East is less safe, less stable, and less secure than before these conflicts began.

Thank God for this man.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/columnist...A0XH1z7x8013GOXv07gI

Nobel Economist Discovers the Trump Effect

Economics has been called the “dismal science,” but Robert Shiller, who won the 2013 Nobel Prize in economics, is feeling optimistic. Interviewed last Friday on CNBC’s “Trading Nation,” Shiller says a new phenomenon he calls the Trump Effect could keep the economy booming.

The Trump Effect has already been observed on many other issues, from a reduction in illegal immigration to record highs in the stock market. It skyrocketed immediately following the election of President Trump, in contrast with the election of most other presidents.

cont....

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The President's speech on Syria, Turkey & Kurds:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...JyY&feature=youtu.be

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Report This Post