SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Justin Amash gone from House Freedom Caucus after saying Trump's conduct was 'impeachable'

Middle of story, click on video from Twitter, one of his constituents lays into him for two minutes. She actually volunteered for him on his first campaign.

My wife was two seats away from her. She was STEAMED and I don't blame her. Justin Amash was our guy for a long time. He's anti-FISA, anti-NSA spying, anti-frivolous kinetic action, etc. He explains every vote on Facespace, and claims to always uphold the constitution.

Suddenly in the last year he's been somewhat absent and then pulls out this impeachment BS and makes NO comments to the fact that the whole thing is a huge farce.

He's being a dick and a lot of people in west Michigan are pissed.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The video referenced above:

https://youtu.be/gC5NyXPGv80

This "Republican" reminds me of John McCain

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:

See that's the thing. He's not. He is (or was) closer to a libertarian than anything, but with a solid pro-Life view. He was explaining votes on Facebook back when no one, and I mean no one in congress would talk about their votes. He held both sides of the aisle accountable in both the Michigan State House, as well as the House of Representatives in Washington DC.

In the last year he's made this odd never-Trump swerve and people are surprised and a bit pissed about it, especially because Trump is governing with more conservatism (aside from spending) than any (R) in recent history.

People are right to question his manufacturing ties to China, via his brother (who I graduated with).

I was on the "front line" with Ms. Timmer during Amash's early runs. They called me "Troll Killer" in the campaign office due to my dogged takedowns of Facebook trolls on the Amash Facebook page.

I don't necessarily think this has a place in the Trump thread other than to say, people around here are wary of never Trumpers and I don't see him getting as much support in 2020. He might lose his seat and if he's primary'd by someone strong, which means we'll probably lose the seat to a (D) in the general, it's that close around here.

He's a dick because he knows this and thinks people will hold their nose and vote for him anyway. With all of this pioneering and transparency on social media, he's a buffoon if he doesn't understand how quickly you can squander your support because you're being a dickhead never-Trumper.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the last year he's made this odd never-Trump swerve and people are surprised and a bit pissed about it, especially because Trump is governing with more conservatism (aside from spending) than any (R) in recent history.

It's amazing how 'serving' in Congress can change people... usually for the worse.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:

Actually, I referenced the Twitter one in the middle of the article. That one is complete. The one you linked has been edited. This one is cool because of the follow up though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's move on, please

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, yesterday wasn't a good day for John Dean

remember him, the guy that was convicted of obstruction during Watergate and Nixon...

one could argue that he's the reason why so many people distrust government these days yet the dems bring him in as a showcase on why Trump is Nixon...

what a bunch of pathetic losers

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
well, yesterday wasn't a good day for John Dean
Why? What happened at the hearing?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, here's one example. Jim Jordan took John Dean apart.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Foh1EmmXpv8

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I watched Rep. Jordan’s cross-exam of Dean just before opening this thread because Rush was talking about it. What in the hell was Dean doing testifying before a Congressional committee? So, he plead guilty to Obstruction 45 years ago and he’s a SME?!? What a mockery the Dems have made of our system of government.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its just disgusting - but let the dems continue to do nothing

at election time they can list all of their accomplishments...

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
More here.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Whatever. As far as I'm concerned it's all just laser pointer antics, whether it's Sean Hannity or Rachel Maddow. People broke the law and I want to see justice done. CTH has thousands of documents that show where laws were skirted or ignored outright. People need to be held to account.

I hope the POTUS declassify process ramps up soon.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
People need to be held to account.

I hope the POTUS declassify process ramps up soon.

I wholly agree with you. I think this is going to be a matter of timing for the 2020 election, though. Trump may be holding his best cards for later so it's fresh in the electorate's mind when it comes time to pull the lever. Even the dems seem like they want to drag this thing out so they've got their voters in a fevered pitch by election time with all their hemming and hawing over whether they're going to try to impeach or not. I'd like to see the whole clown show go down now, but timing is key and neither side seems to want to try to go for a death stroke just yet.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
We’re already so far past my very finite patience that I no longer care when it happens. As long as President Trump is re-elected and several of these GDC poop stains go to jail for a long time, I’ll be happy. If PDJT is re-elected and the GDCs involved in the attempted coup all go to jail for a long time, I’ll be ecstatic.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm no longer hopeful that anyone will go to jail except for Flynn

I think its obvious that no one is accountable for their acts of treason and sedition

posted Hide Post
I am reasonably confident that Trump will be able to secure convictions of some of the crooks. If it was not for Sessions, it would have been done already. Reading about what Barr has done so far, I fell very good about the near future. I think Barr is going to "unleash hell" on Comey, etc. sometime this year.

Also I am pretty sure Sessions was a Never Trumper plant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/P5P2Bt5V4IQ

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I'm no longer hopeful that anyone will go to jail except for Flynn

I think its obvious that no one is accountable for their acts of treason and sedition

I agree. But the question remains: Why so? There are some big, essential, pieces of this whole thing that are missing.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
People are going down for all this, be patient.

The public needs to be educated on all that transpired first.
Educating the public means those that don't pay much attention and the others are by an large democrats.

When the general public is more educated about all this, they will accept the prosecutions to come. The MSM is a huge hinderance here that has to be overcome.
Otherwise, a revolution could ensue.

Revolution may sound good to some but the reality is that the outcome of who wins and loses is in doubt.
I would not want to be on the losing side and we'd lose the country and Constitution et al.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post