SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore....

...I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
President Trump just tweeting... John Bolton is out. Asked for his resignation last night. Resigned this morning.

Tony.

That's very surprising to me as Bolton was one of his biggest cheerleaders.

I'd heard some things though about him that gave me pause, such as being too hawkish and pushing for war with Iran, etc.

I'm sure Democrats will celebrate yet again about how "dysfunctional" and "in disarray" Trump's Cabinet is. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Bolton being out has anything with the Taliban being invited onto American soil?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Doesn't surprise me in the very least. Trump is not a war hawk. If y'all haven't noticed, he has been trying to pull our troops out of these perpetual shitholes and has been trying to avoid going to war over every little thing. Bolton on the other hand wants to go to war with just about everyone. I bet Trump was just finally sick of Bolton constantly whispering "war, war, war" into his ear at every single opportunity. Bolton is s neo-con after all, and Trump most certainly is not.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what I was going to say but this guy beat me to it, so here it is:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Rush has been saying the same thing this past 15 minutes.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The timing with the ill-fated Camp David Taliban meeting (which the Left has been going apeshit over if you haven't noticed) and this dismissal is curious.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Doesn't surprise me in the very least. Trump is not a war hawk. If y'all haven't noticed, he has been trying to pull our troops out of these perpetual shitholes and has been trying to avoid going to war over every little thing. Bolton on the other hand wants to go to war with just about everyone. I bet Trump was just finally sick of Bolton constantly whispering "war, war, war" into his ear at every single opportunity. Bolton is s neo-con after all, and Trump most certainly is not.

Yep.
Bolton is a smart, well-informed guy about a lot of things, but not a good fit for Trump.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sums it up. This guy has always been a hawk, from the Bush years.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Yep.
Bolton is a smart, well-informed guy about a lot of things, but not a good fit for Trump.

I should add that I do like Bolton, but like you said, he and Trump likely bump heads a lot. That's actually probably why Trump initially chose him in order to have a strong opposing view, you know, to get all sides. But maybe Bolton in the end was just too much of an opposing view. Maybe.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Bolton crossed a line somewhere along the way

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It sounds like Bolton had an argument with President Trump over this Taliban thing.

Bolton didn’t want to go along with it, so he’s out.

We’ve been in that hellhole Afghanistan for 18 friggin’ years now, it’s time to cut our losses and get the fuck out.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Bolton is a super hawk. Bomb, bomb, war, war. I'm very glad Trump has shown him the door.

I hope somebody hands him an M4 on the way out and points him toward the mountains of Afghanistan. Go get 'em, John!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Yep.

I should add that I do like Bolton, but like you said, he and Trump likely bump heads a lot. That's actually probably why Trump initially chose him in order to have a strong opposing view, you know, to get all sides. But maybe Bolton in the end was just too much of an opposing view. Maybe.

This is all kinda my thinking on the thing. I think Trump likes having varied input, which is wise. I can't count how many times I've heard the MAGA faithful publicly query "why John Bolton? The guy wants us at war with just about everyone." Shit, I've wondered myself. My best guess so far is that Trump wanted a voice that wasn't simply repeating what was in his head; which again, is wise, and John Bolton got sick of feeling like he was barking up the wrong tree and tried to maybe make some things happen on the back channels, which maybe isn't so smart. I know, speculating and all that.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:

So much this.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
In case anyone wonder, Dan Bishop has been declared winner tonight in NC's 9th District.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
In case anyone wonder, Dan Bishop has been declared winner tonight in NC's 9th District.
O. K. Are you pleased? (I'm not up to speed on NC politics.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
O. K. Are you pleased? (I'm not up to speed on NC politics.)

flashguy

"Dan Bishop was down 17 points 3 weeks ago.
He then asked me for help, we changed his strategy together, and he ran a great race. Big Rally last night. Now it looks like he is going to win. @CNN &@MSNBC are moving their big studio equipment and talent out. Stay tuned!"
: President Trump

Big Grin

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just now heard on Fox News that he was the Republican, so I guess you're happy.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post