SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I think the next few months could be very dramatic. Machiavelli said that if you move against the king, you'd better take him out, because if you just wound him, he will come back at you with a vengeance.

Trump is a fighter. He needed to wait-- and wait-- until Mueller issued his report. Now he can act. He knows all the major players who attempted the coup. We all know who they are at the top: Obama and Hillary.

I don't know what will happen, but I'm pretty sure that, one way or another, it will be a rough ride.

Some remarks today from PDJT as posted in The Conservative Treehouse - video and transcipt, with this enticing nugget from the man with a set of oversized titanium balls -

Q Mr. President, you’re accusing the people who launched the investigation into your campaign of treasonous acts.

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah.

Q How high up do you think it went?

THE PRESIDENT: I think it went very high up. I think what happened is a disgrace. I don’t believe our country should allow this ever to happen again. This will never happen again. We cannot let it ever happen again. It went very high up, and it started fairly low, but with instructions from the high up. This should never happen to a President again. We can’t allow that to take place.

Q Mr. President, do you think it reached the West Wing of the Obama White House?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t want to say that, but I think you know the answer.

End Snip

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Q Mr. President, do you think it reached the West Wing of the Obama White House?

Obama and Hillary now-- after Mueller's flop of a report-- can feel Trump breathing down their necks. They know him, and they know he's coming after them, big time. Comey's bizarre photos of the past few days have been intended by him to calm everybody who has been part of the attempted coup.

Because they must all be abuzz. Near panic.

Just imagine Obama, and Hillary, reading:

"Q Mr. President, do you think it reached the West Wing of the Obama White House?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t want to say that, but I think you know the answer."

Brennan already started to crack with his "I must have had bad information." (Coming from the former Director of CIA, that is really funny right there.)

If a Special Council is appointed, and they (Obama, Hillary, Brennan, Comey, Clapper) can really see the possibility of ending their lives in a small cell with a toilet and a bunk-- all bets are off. Anything could happen.

Whatever does actually happen is not going to be smooth and easy. These are very bad, power hungry egomaniacs with no conscience and no scruples.

I don't know what will happen, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a rough ride. We are living through the most serious crisis since the Civil War.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
If a Special Council is appointed,

No need for a Special Council IMO. This is well within the purview of the DOJ and now that we have an AG with testicles, it should be QED.

I can't think of anything that would give me greater pleasure than to see Hadji, Clinton, Brennan, and Clapper, in prison.

Hey, we can dream.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

C'mon Prez say it! Say it out loud, say it directly to their faces! we all know it! Time for pulling your punches is over.
Now go get these treasonous bastards!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No, he did the right thing not giving the Libs a free talking point to spin. We can let the DOJ indictments (fingers crossed) do all the talking.

I'm not a fan of unforced errors.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
saw this on Powerlineblog

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...e-new-york-times.php

NYT ran an op-ed by Bob Bauer. (25 Mar 2019)

The op-ed title was “Trump’s Shamelessness Was Outside Mueller’s Jurisdiction”

The NYT describes Bauer as

Mr. Bauer is a professor of practice and distinguished scholar in residence at New York University School of Law.

But Bauer is much more than that.

In 1980 Bob Bauer founded Perkins Coie’s Political Law practice

Bauer stayed w Perkins Coie for 35 years. He retired in May 2018 and went to NYU.

Bauer was also General Counsel to Obama for America

In his continuing private practice, he has select clients. including The Obama Foundation, The Biden Foundation, and he is a personal counsel to former President Barack Obama. Bauer also will work on a number of ongoing representations with Perkins Coie as co-counsel.

Perkins Coie. The law firm that Clinton campaign paid to pass $ to Fusion GPS for the Steele dossier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
How long has Mueller known there was not Trump Russia collusion?

Almost from the start, Democrats and their media echo chamber have moved the goal posts on collusion. The original allegation – the political narrative that the Clinton campaign, through Obama administration alchemy, honed into a counterintelligence investigation – was that that the Trump campaign was complicit in Russia’s “cyberespionage” attacks on the 2016 election.

But there was no evidence that candidate Trump and his surrogates had anything to do with the Kremlin’s hacking and propaganda schemes. And no supporting logic. The Russians are very good at espionage. They neither needed nor wanted American help, their operations predated Trump’s entry into the campaign, and some of those operations were anti-Trump.

Nevertheless, in short order, that endlessly elastic word, collusion, was being stretched to the breaking point – covering every conceivable type of association between Trump associates and Russia.

ANDREW MCCARTHY: WE NEED FULL DISCLOSURE OF MUELLER REPORT AND MATERIAL ABOUT HIS INVESTIGATION

Some of these were unseemly, such as the Trump Tower meeting, an apparently unsuccessful effort to obtain campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton. More of them were routine, such as incoming national-security adviser Michael Flynn’s communications with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the post-election transition. But none of these collusion episodes were criminal. The only “collusion” prosecutors care about is conspiracy; a criminal agreement to violate a federal penal statute – such as the laws against hacking.

There was never any such evidence. There was just unverified, sensational, hearsay nonsense – the Steele dossier generated by the Clinton campaign.

President Trump declares victory on Mueller probe, counterattacks criticsVideo
Now that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has concluded that there was no criminal collusion, the question arises: When during their exhaustive 22-month investigation did prosecutors realize they had no case?

I put it at no later than the end of 2017. I suspect it was in the early autumn.

By the time Mueller was appointed on May 17, 2017, the FBI had been trying unsuccessfully for nearly a year to corroborate the dossier’s allegations. Top bureau officials have conceded to congressional investigators that they were never able to do so – notwithstanding that, by the time of Mueller’s appointment, the Justice Department and FBI had relied on the dossier three times, in what they labeled “VERIFIED” applications, to obtain warrants from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

And make no mistake about what this means. In each and every application, after describing the hacking operations carried out by Russian operatives, the Justice Department asserted:

The FBI believes that the Russian Government’s efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election were being coordinated with Page and perhaps other individuals associated with [Donald Trump’s] campaign.

Now that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has concluded that there was no criminal collusion, the question arises: When during their exhaustive 22-month investigation did prosecutors realize they had no case?

Yes, the Justice Department continued to make that allegation to the secret federal court for months after Trump was sworn in as president.

Notably, in June 2017, about a month after Mueller took over the investigation, while he was still getting his bearings, the Justice Department and the FBI went on to obtain a fourth FISA warrant. Yet again, they used the same unverified information. Yet again, they withheld from the court the fact that this information was generated by the Clinton campaign; that the Clinton campaign was peddling it to the media at the same time the FBI was providing it to the court; and that Christopher Steele, the informant on whom they were so heavily relying, had misled the bureau about his media contacts.

You know what’s most telling about this fourth FISA warrant? The fact that it was never renewed. The 90-day authorization lapsed in September 2017. When it did, Mueller did not seek to extend it with a new warrant.

Think about that for a moment. President Trump fired FBI Director Comey on May 9, 2017. Eight days later, on May 17, Mueller was named special counsel. This appointment effectively wrested control of the Trump-Russia counterintelligence investigation from acting FBI director Andrew McCabe, transferring it to the special counsel.

By August 2017, Mueller had removed the lead investigator, Agent Peter Strzok over the rabidly anti-Trump texts he’d exchanged with Lisa Page, a top FBI lawyer who served as McCabe’s counsel. Page herself had resigned in May. Meanwhile, the FBI reassigned its top counsel, James Baker (who later resigned); and the bureau’s inspection division referred McCabe to the Justice Department’s inspector general for leaking investigative information and then lying about it (and McCabe was later fired and referred to the Justice Department for possible prosecution).

This means that by autumn 2017 when it would have been time to go back to the court and reaffirm the dossier’s allegations of a Trump-Russia espionage conspiracy, the major FBI officials involved in placing those unverified allegations before the court had been sidelined. Clearly up to speed after four months of running the investigation, Mueller decided not to renew these allegations.

Once the fourth warrant lapsed in September, investigators made no new claims of a Trump-Russia conspiracy to the court. The collusion case was the Clinton campaign’s Steele dossier, and by autumn 2017, the investigators now in charge of the Trump-Russia investigation were unwilling to stand behind it.

In order to get the FISA warrants, the Justice Department and the FBI had had to allege that there was probable cause to believe former Trump adviser Carter Page was an agent of Russia. Under FISA law, that requires alleging that he was knowingly involved in clandestine activity on behalf of Russia, and that this clandestine activity involved probable violations of American criminal law – offenses such as espionage. Yet, despite the fact that this representation was made four times in sworn “verified” applications, Mueller never charged Page with a crime – not espionage, not false statements, nothing.

When Special Counsel Mueller closed his investigation last week, he almost certainly knew for about a year and a half that there was no collusion case. Indeed, the indictments that he did bring appeared to preclude the possibility that the Trump campaign conspired with the Kremlin.

Yet the investigation continued. The Justice Department and the special counsel made no announcement, no interim finding of no collusion, as Trump detractors continued to claim that a sitting American president might be a tool of the Putin regime. For month after month, the president was forced to govern under a cloud of suspicion.

Why?

Andrew C. McCarthy is a senior fellow at the National Review Institute and a contributing editor of National Review. @andrewcmccarthy

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Good for him!

I say go for it, Mr. President and make these commies all shit their drawers when you show up like this, metaphorically speaking of course...
Big Grin

An exuberant President Trump is considering attending the White House Correspondents' Association dinner, which he boycotted the last two years.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Here is a VERY long post on PJ Media: 50 people most egregiously peddling the Russia Collusion narrative:

Top 50 collusion peddlers

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I think it's time we stop calling this a hoax, and start calling it what it is - an attempted coup.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
4x5
Serenity now!

posted March 27, 2019 12:14 PM Hide Post
I think it's time we stop calling this a hoax, and start calling it what it is - an attempted coup.

You are right. And that should be clear to everybody now. These traitors were not just "wrong," nor were they just spreading lies. They attempted to overturn an election, and install themselves in power. They are totalitarians, or would like to be, and they committed serious crimes for which they deserve to die in prison.

This shit was as serious as it gets.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
If Trump were a Democrat...

Can you imagine the swooning we would see whenever Trump has another rally that attracts thousands?
Dems still get all misty-eyed over FDR's Fireside Chats; but no president in my lifetime has ever connected with people--not just during a campaign but throughout his term--the way Trump has, with rallies and tweets.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatever does actually happen is not going to be smooth and easy. These are very bad, power hungry egomaniacs with no conscience and no scruples.

Best said by James Woods

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
AMEN! James Woods! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Woods nailed it - Democrats are the domestic enemy - we don't need to work with them, ever again. We need to destroy them to protect the country from them trying to incite another coup attempt.

They all need to be prosecuted with sedition and trying to overthrow the government.

They are not 'my fellow Americans. They are the enemy.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This is the first time-- that I know of-- that Trump said, outright: "This was an attempted takeover."

We've known that for a long time. But just from a historical perspective, it's a stunning moment: The President of the United States says, on national television, that powerful democrats attempted a coup!

Take three steps back and just think of that. Incredible. Eek

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Trump To Declassify Documents Related To FBI, FISA

Been waiting for this for a long time.
Have a feeling the fun is about to begin.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Trump To Declassify Documents Related To FBI, FISA

Been waiting for this for a long time.
Have a feeling the fun is about to begin.

Oh shit. The Democrats will be scattering like cockroaches!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...spiring-with-russia/

James Comey on “NBC Nightly News”

“I think it’s good that he was able to finish the work and establish both, that the Russia thing wasn’t a hoax, that the Russians interfered in the election, in a huge way, and that’s really important. And another piece of good news, the evidence didn’t establish that any Americans conspired as part of that effort. That should be good news, no matter what party you’re associated with.”

“The investigation had to happen. It would have been irresponsible not to investigate. And we don’t investigate, despite what the partisans say, to find a particular result. We investigate to find out what’s true, and as best I can tell, it looks like Bob Mueller was allowed to do that, and that’s a great thing.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The guy that ran a counterintel operation against a presidential candidate, and later the President of the United States, now says

"And another piece of good news, the evidence didn’t establish that any Americans conspired as part of that effort."

The man that signed 3 FISA warrants saying Carter Page was a Russian agent.

The man that said he believed Christopher Steele.

Important to watch the video of the interview at the link. Comey is a liar of the first order. He makes me sick.

He says the FBI had to investigate because "a Trump campaign advisor had spoken to a Russian operative about the dirt they had on Hillary Clinton, before any of us knew anything about it"

What is he talking about ? Joseph Mifsud told Papadopoulos about the Russians having Clinton emails. Was Mifsud a Russian operative ?

And Mifsud told Papadopoulos, not the other way around.

Comey continues to say things that are very convoluted and don't match the facts. If this was so important, why did the FBI wait 9 months to interview Papadopoulos ?