SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Y'know, someday, Donald Trump will no longer be POTUS and then Washington politics is gonna become so boring and then we are gonna be missing all of this!!

Be in the moment, my fellow patriots! These are the good old days!

You are most likely right, but I hope that it isn’t the case. I hope that President Trump is as good at succession planning as he is at the rest of it and he finds someone who is going to keep shoving it right down the filthy GDCs’ throats just like he does from 2025-2033.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
^^^^

He would not have to look too far....

Eric Trump

Ivanka Trump

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
‘NCIS’ Had More Total TV Viewers Than the Largest Democratic Debate Stage in History
BY THE DAILY CALLER NEWS FOUNDATION
1 CommentsOctober 16, 2019 Updated: October 16, 2019

THE EPOCH TIMES > https://www.theepochtimes.com/...history_3119025.html
=============================
........"CNN’s Tuesday debate was down 20% in total viewers and 18% in viewers between 25 and 54 compared to the network’s last debate in July, Nielsen numbers show.........
=============================

Actually, a good Three Stooges Movie could have beat the CNN Democratic Presidential Debate Big Grin

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Y'know, someday, Donald Trump will no longer be POTUS and then Washington politics is gonna become so boring and then we are gonna be missing all of this!!

Can you imagine the books he's going to write once he's out of office? There will be some epic reading to do.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
So yesterday during a meeting with the congressional "leadership" Trump evidently called Dopey ..Pelosi(SP) a "third rate politician" Big Grin

Some people just don't get that this is why people voted for him.....he says exactly what real people think.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Trump is why you're fat. Sure. Roll Eyes

Jesus, today's campuses are closer to insane asylums than places of higher learning.

Prof ties black female obesity to Trump policies, racism
Jonathan McCormick
Michigan Campus Correspondent
@Jonathan_M_Jr
on Oct 15, 2019 at 9:17 AM EDT

Rutgers University women’s and gender studies professor Brittney Cooper tied racism and President Donald Trump’s policies to black female obesity.
“We are living in the Trump era,” the professor said. “And look, those policies kill our people."

A New Jersey professor suggested on a TV program that racism and President Donald Trump’s policies are responsible for black female obesity.

Rutgers University women’s and gender studies professor Brittney Cooper made the argument during an appearance on “Black Women OWN the Conversation” on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

“And look, those policies kill our people" Tweet This
WATCH:

Black Women OWN the Conversation
@BlackWomenOWN
“I hate when people talk about Black women being obese. I hate it, because it becomes a way to blame us for a set of conditions that we didn’t create.” – @ProfessorCrunk.

“I hate when people talk about Black women being obese,” Cooper said on the program. “I hate it because it becomes a way to blame us for a set of conditions that we didn’t create.”

“We are living in the Trump era,” the professor said. “And look, those policies kill our people. You can’t get access to good health care, good insurance.”

Cooper said that research points to black women losing less weight and at a slower rate than do white women, claiming that public health practitioners tie increased stress to a change in metabolism.

“It’s literally that the racism that you’re experiencing and the struggle to make ends meet actually means the diet don’t [sic] work for you the same,” she adds.

Campus Reform followed up with Cooper about her appearance on the show and the professor suggested there was a scholarly basis for her remarks.

“I wasn’t making an argument about Trump admin policies and weight,” the professor said. “Dr. Arline Geronimus’ research from the 1990s argues pretty convincingly that black women have physiological stress responses to racial stimuli and this affects our long term health. I was citing this body of work and the president’s status as a racially polarizing figure that contributes to issues of racial stress for people of color.”

Campus Reform asked Cooper how she promotes her values in her professional life.

“What I hope my students learn in my classroom is how to be good scholars, critically informed thinkers able to come to well-researched and accurate conclusions, and discerning evaluators of what are credible versus less credible news sources.”

https://campusreform.org/?ID=13866

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Well I am no University professor, but I suspect that black women are fat for the same reason I am fat. They and I eat too much!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
^^^^

Eric Trump

Ivanka Trump

I think that is why he has Ivanka involved to get experience and contacts for future involvement.

Just look at her education, etc The first woman president of this country.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

I think that is why he has Ivanka involved to get experience and contacts for future involvement.

I'm not sure I'd share her politics. I imagine there are many other women who I'd much rather see in the presidency than her.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rutgers University women’s and gender studies professor Brittney Cooper tied racism and President Donald Trump’s policies to black female obesity.
“We are living in the Trump era,” the professor said. “And look, those policies kill our people."

So... these obese black females were all skinny before Nov. 2016 and they've gained 100 lbs. in the last 3 years? Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
And now, time for a little something from Ted:

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^thats great

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

You are most likely right, but I hope that it isn’t the case. I hope that President Trump is as good at succession planning as he is at the rest of it and he finds someone who is going to keep shoving it right down the filthy GDCs’ throats just like he does from 2025-2033.
We could have Republican Presidents for the next fifty years and there would still be no one like Donald Trump. Whoever comes after President Trump is going to be just another politician. IOW, business as usual.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Schiff pressed Volker to say Ukraine felt pressure from Trump

Schiff is a worm. You can't trust a single thing he says.

He and Crazycakes Pelosi were doing a presser the other day. Was carried live on OAN. Schiff was going on and on and on about who knows what. Asked my wife to please turn that crap off. She replied she liked to know what the other side was on about. I replied that you can't trust a damn thing that comes out of that man's mouth, so there's no point in listening to it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good article by Conrad Black:

Another Pivot on Impeachment

With Democrats stepping slowly away from claims that President Trump’s call with the Ukrainian president is an impeachable offense, the press once again is relying upon unspecified, unimaginable, and surely nonexistent evidence of presidential misconduct.

Conrad Black
- October 16th, 2019

We are living through a phantasmagoric psychodrama generated by the dishonest national political media. This is the media whose Joe Scarborough of MSNBC did not show some of President Trump’s responses to his enemies because of “concern” for the president’s family, as he “seems to have lost his mind.” This is a new frontier in American journalism, where a television news commentator who hates the president wishes to spare the president’s family a rerun of his entirely rational denunciations of his enemies.

The House of Representatives began considering impeachment because an anonymous Democrat and former political associate of former Vice President Joe Biden received a hearsay account of a conversation between President Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, in which Trump encouraged the newly elected leader to find out if Biden and his son had done anything inappropriate in Ukraine. The president quickly made the transcript of the conversation public.

Partisan Democrats and formerly sensible commentators have portrayed Trump’s request as a demand for incriminating evidence on Biden, failing which he would not resume U.S. aid to Ukraine. In other words, this was a solicitation for a benefit of value to Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign. The reference to a resumption of aid was 500 words earlier in the transcript, and not connected at all to the Biden question.

When Biden was mentioned, it was to request to know what happened—a neutral request for the facts. Yes, Trump said the appearance of the former vice president’s son $50,000-a-month sinecure as a director of a Ukrainian gas company, along with the elder Biden’s boast of having a Ukrainian prosecutor fired, was “horrible.” And so it was. But there may be uncontroversial explanations. If the Biden allegations are unfounded, Americans will want to know. If the facts are corrupt in themselves, Americans—and Democrats especially—will want to know that, too.

Scrambling for Scapegoats

In reality, the whole episode is nonsense, a farce. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) won’t hold a vote on a formal impeachment inquiry because she couldn’t win the vote. If there were such an inquiry, where the Republicans called and examined witnesses and subpoenaed documents, it would collapse as quickly as the Russian collusion fraud did when former special counsel Robert Mueller stumbled through his congressional inquiry.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.)—who is usually lying when his lips aren’t moving and always is when they are—says we will not be hearing from a non-whistleblowing leaker, to give his hearsay evidence of a conversation that any person in the world can read and see has no legal implications whatever. But the investigation indomitably continues. It is like the last government of the German Third Reich, meeting in the week following the death of Hitler on the few thousand acres they still governed on the Danish border, discussing agriculture and immigration.

With no evidence of wrongdoing by the president, the Trump-hating media is now scrambling after Rudolph Giuliani, formerly one of the nation’s toughest prosecutors, as if they can pin something on him while he acted as the president’s private attorney. With Hunter Biden in hiding, this ludicrous mockery must end. Pompous commentators who don’t like Trump but have learned to live with their underestimation of him cannot go on indefinitely with wagging heads and furrowed foreheads, discussing the president’s “crisis.”

Seeing Past the Illusion

Fox News, which is generally well-disposed to the president, published a poll last week that 51 percent of Americans believe the president should be impeached and removed from office.

Fox’s polls aren’t very accurate, though their news coverage and comment are quite professional. But this one is bunk. Between 40 and 50 percent of Americans may wish there was a reason to remove Trump, or hope that he won’t be reelected. That figure is insufficient to change congressional votes on an impeachment resolution, given that about 45 percent of the country is militantly pro-Trump and probably 10 million others will hold their noses and vote for his substantive performance despite his stylistic foibles.

But a substantial part of the anti-Trump vote is a levitation, sustained by the unprecedented hostility and dishonesty of almost all the national political media, which has been confirmed in independent studies by Harvard University and the Pew Research Center and others.

Not all the hostile media is shrill. My rational and moderate friend of many years, Fareed Zakaria (CNN), wrote in the Santa Cruz Sentinel on October 11 that he now favors “an impeachment inquiry” because Trump’s “efforts to pressure the new Ukrainian government, including his phone call with President Volodymyr Zelensky, were profoundly wrong;” and because of Trump’s “far more troubling . . . refusal to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry.”

Implicit in this explanation is the retreat away from the Trump-Zelensky telephone call, which is effectively conceded not to be probative evidence of any impropriety. Instead, Democrats are returning to the justification that impeachment is warranted based upon unspecified, unimaginable, and surely nonexistent evidence of presidential misconduct. The pitiful squeak that is meant to be a clinching argument is Trump’s refusal to cooperate with an impeachment inquiry based on an illusion.

The Democrats are stuck with this clunker. Maybe Pelosi wanted to humiliate the young Marxist congresswomen and Schiff and the porcine Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.), who chairs the House judiciary committee. Maybe she wanted to get this out of the way now before it caused the Democrats more embarrassment, and before the long-awaited indictments of a number of prominent members of the previous administration for its unconstitutional confection and promotion of the Trump-Russian collusion fraud. It is not for me to read Pelosi’s mind, but she must have had some reason to let this anemic, spavined cat out of the bag. But this cat can’t purr and has no whiskers, let alone claws. In Monty Pythonese, “It’s a dead Cat!” (and it won’t even bounce).

The Democrats’ presidential nomination candidates are a rag-tag of extremists, kooks, dolts, and bumbling geriatrics, (Hillary was back last week with her autocue squib that Trump’s “an illegitimate president”). But it is a national party because it has tens of millions of traditional supporters who are reasonable people. Their aversion to Trump enabled most of them to endure the bone-crushing defeat over the Russian fiction. The allegation a few weeks ago of a 30-year-old act of sexual misconduct by Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, which had most of the candidates screaming for his impeachment in the 24 hours before it was exposed as a completely unfounded charge, must have caused unease to many thoughtful Democrats.

But when this stinker implodes, after they have got the faithful to the edges of their chairs and exhumed John Dean and Carl Bernstein, the bloodless assassins of Richard Nixon, and the full gallery of their unctuous homelists and pietists who demean the occupation of commentator, sensible Democrats will disembark. The best way Democrats can serve their party now is to try to get a plausible semi-moderate like Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, no world-beater but Walter Mondale in drag-she can lose with honor and dignity, and turn off the CNN-MSNBC-main network hate machine.

Trump can’t be removed from his office; he deserves and will gain reelection on his record; the Democrats will be back-both parties always are. But the sooner the country tunes out this dishonest, evil media putschism, the better for the whole country, especially the national political news outlets themselves.

https://www.amgreatness.com/20...ivot-on-impeachment/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
PART 3: FIELD OPS MANAGER AT CNN: ZUCKER’S 9AM CALLS ARE ‘BULLSHIT;’ “WE’RE TOTALLY LEFT-LEANING…(BUT) WE DON’T WANT TO ADMIT IT”
by Eric Spracklen October 17, 2019 in News Posts / Press Releases / Top Stories / In the News

PROJECT VERITAS > https://www.projectveritas.com...nt-want-to-admit-it/

============================
......."Today, we are releasing Part III exposing the network’s movement away from objective newsgathering and towards partisan advocacy.

According to James O’Keefe, President of Project Veritas, “CNN has made a conscious decision to focus almost exclusively on the impeachment of President Trump at the expense of covering legitimate news around the world.”

CNN Coverage Used to Be Different

According to CNN insider Cary Poarch, “I want to chase the facts, like the motto that CNN put out earlier this year, ‘the facts first,’ that’s what I want the news to be. That’s what it should be. That’s what it used to be.” It appears a number of CNN staffers agree:

Patrick Davis, Manager of Field Operations at CNN: “…I hate seeing what we were and what we could be and what we’ve become. It’s just awful…I mean, we could be so much better than what we are…And the buck stops with him (Zucker).”

“I haven’t listened to a 9AM call in about 15 years. I just stopped,”complains Manager of Field Operations at CNN Patrick Davis, “Just, I can’t listen to it. It’s all bullshit. It’s all just a bunch of bullshit. And I wish that wasn’t the case.” ........

...... [LOTS MORE]....

.........."Poarch concludes: “I want CNN and any other outlet to basically return to what they once were, where hey, we tune in to get our facts. We can make up our minds left, right, center, whatever. Cool, and we go on with our lives. I don’t want anyone to basically, you know, be spun into believing or programmed into believing one way or the other. That’s not what I’m about and that’s why I’m coming forward.”

Project Veritas intends to continue its investigation into corruption in the Mainstream Media. We encourage brave insiders at these organizations to come forward with any information they have, so that the public knows what is really going on within these media companies.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Email: media@projectveritas.com
Phone: 914-908-2300

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:

Moody's Chief Economist was just on Fox Business News... the issue with how he/they conducted this analysis is that it totally ignores the issues and the platforms that candidates are running on. Moody's analysis is based purely on the economy and historical reads on its performance during the year prior to the election. Their poll like all others is bullshit. I think the election will favor (and God I hope I'm right) the Republicans even more than forecasted in their model b/c never before has Republican opposition so warmly embraced Socialism/Communism (let's face it, they're really Commies).
Here's an analogy: The Democratic front runner says every male in this country has to suck his neighbor's cock and every female can be raped at any time. Moody's analysis wouldn't shift one bit, because the message is ignored. What do you think would happen to the actual election numbers if that were the case? They would be dramatically different than those forecasted in favor of Trump and I only hope Americans wake the fuck up that the analogy is pretty much spot-on when it comes to the Demoncrats.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

We could have Republican Presidents for the next fifty years and there would still be no one like Donald Trump. Whoever comes after President Trump is going to be just another politician. IOW, business as usual.

Dang Para, sometimes it sucks when you’re right.

Clearly, nobody is going to have the big brass ones he does. That said, if he exploded enough Dim heads in the next five years, someone who attempted to continue cleaning the Augean stables and was even one tenth as effective as he is would be a Massive improvement over politics as usual.

After eight years of President Trump, it would be awfully hard to go back to choosing between the party that wants to screw everything about the country up immediately and go full communist and the party that wants to screw everything up more slowly so they have more time to loot the carcass on the ride.

We are absolutely living that ancient Chinese curse, “May you live in interesting times.” I just hope they keep heading in the same direction after President Trump’s eight years are up.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
^^^^

Eric Trump

Ivanka Trump

=====================================

========================
Her recent interviews are outstanding.

Very articulate and informed. I am impressed.