SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
With Acting AG Whitaker's performance today, I'm wondering if President Trumpo might be better off staying with him than having a possible cloaked swamp creature Barr take up the reins. Mmmm.....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
With Acting AG Whitaker's performance today, I'm wondering if President Trumpo might be better off staying with him than having a possible cloaked swamp creature Barr take up the reins. Mmmm.....

Barr scares the heck out of me. He and Mueller are way too close.

What did Whitaker do today?

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Senate Judiciary Comm (Lindsey Graham chair) approved 44 judicial nominees yesterday.

Next stop: full Senate

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

Barr scares the heck out of me. He and Mueller are way too close.

What did Whitaker do today?

He played with and made fools of (the later wasn't too hard) the Demonrats of the House Judiciary Committee interrogating him today.

There's some great snippet videos out there of his performance. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember reading somewhere that there is a rule against nominating a temporary office holder that way. Did I read it right?

FWIW, GOA is going BTTW against Barr's approval.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...y-the-2020-election/

Warren has been in the firewater again.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...y-the-2020-election/

Warren has been in the firewater again.

I didn't know that women had wet dreams. Warren is unique in so many ways.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
hard to keep track, but at the moment I think we have

Kamala Harris
Cory Booker
Kirsten Gillibrand
Elizabeth Warren
Amy Klobuchar
Julian Castro
Tulsi Gabbard

announced to be running as DEMs for President in 2020

haven't heard yet from

Bernie Sanders
Beto ORourke
Joe Biden
Hillary Clinton
Sherrod Brown
Jeff Merkley
?

I don't think Clinton would win the DEM primary if she did enter, but she may keep hinting she may run to keep the dollars flowing into the Clinton Foundation Slush fund

adding: I missed a few, will be adding some more

posted Hide Post
Dems Border Proposal "Making This Entire Country A Sanctuary" For Illegals

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...y-sanctuary-illegals

Negotiations over securing and building a border wall have reached an impasse Sunday as bipartisan talks are failing and both sides are edging closer to a government shutdown this Friday. Further, Democrats are pushing to weaken Immigration and Customs Enforcement, proposing drastic limitations on beds and weakening the agencies effectiveness to hold criminal illegal immigrants, said Tom Homan, former ICE Director.

He told SaraACarter.com Sunday that the proposal is a serious security issue that is unacceptable.

“The Dems proposal will result in tens of thousands of criminal aliens and other illegal aliens that are currently detained pending a court hearing or removal to be released into our communities,” said Homan.

He noted the proposals are “making this entire country a sanctuary.”

It will result in “a rush to the border because incoming aliens will know there is no consequence for their actions,” Homan added.

“As I have said all year, the Dems may not abolish ICE but they will cripple them and make them ineffective by severely harming their operational budget.”

Trump’s Sunday Tweets

President Trump is also showing his frustration. In a slew of Tweets Sunday, the president held Democrats responsible for failures over the past week to come to a resolution. He said the negotiations are failing because Democrats refuse to offer reasonable solutions to proposed legislation.

“Now, with the terrible offers being made by them to the Border Committee, I actually believe they want a Shutdown,” said Trump.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

It was a very bad week for the Democrats, with the GREAT economic numbers, The Virginia disaster and the State of the Union address. Now, with the terrible offers being made by them to the Border Committee, I actually believe they want a Shutdown. They want a new subject!
11:24 AM - Feb 10, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

29.8K people are talking about this

Moreover, the White House is demanding at least $5 billion in funding for a proposed barrier. Federal law enforcement officials have said the wall is necessary to manage resources and national security.

“I don’t think the Dems on the Border Committee are being allowed by their leaders to make a deal,” said Trump.

His sharp jab was at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi, D-CA, who has stated emphatically that she refuses to negotiate any deal that includes a border wall.

“They are offering very little money for the desperately needed Border Wall and now, out of the blue, want a cap on convicted violent felons to he held in detention,” he added.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I don’t think the Dems on the Border Committee are being allowed by their leaders to make a deal. They are offering very little money for the desperately needed Border Wall & now, out of the blue, want a cap on convicted violent felons to be held in detention!

It was evident when Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard C. Shelby, R-Alabama. He told Fox News Sunday, “I think we are stalled right now…I’m not confident we’re going to get there.”
The Numbers

ICE officials noted that 90 percent of asylum seekers easily pass the first step entering the United States. Most illegal immigrants now claim asylum, “credible fear,” citing danger to their lives if they return home, according to reports. However, only 20 percent of the people are actually granted asylum. Unfortunately, by that time, they have disappeared into the fabric of America, never reporting to court.

After they claim credible fear they still need to go through the judicial system. The process is lengthy — longer than ICE can detain immigrants — taking 45 to 60 days to see a judge. By this time, they have already been released.

FACTS ON ILLEGAL FAMILY UNITS AND APPREHENSIONS

Fiscal Year 2018 is the highest number of family unit apprehensions on record. More than 40% higher than any previous year on record.

The number of family units along the southwest border increased 22% from August to September.

Illegal alien minors or adults traveling with minors are rarely detained or removed but released.

Customs and Border Protection used to primarily apprehend single adults. Currently, CBP has an influx of minors and adults traveling with minors. It is a loophole they use to enter and stay in the country illegally.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Kamala Harris
Cory Booker
Kirsten Gillibrand
Elizabeth Warren
Amy Klobuchar
Julian Castro
Tulsi Gabbard

haven't heard yet from

Bernie Sanders
Beto ORourke
Joe Biden
Hillary Clinton
Sherrod Brown
Jeff Merkley
?

I don't think Clinton would win the DEM primary if she did enter, but she may keep hinting she may run to keep the dollars flowing into the Clinton Foundation Slush fund

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We need to eject everyone coming in. Last in, first out. Going back to South America owing the cartels thousands that can never be paid back would be a disincentive

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Dems Border Proposal "Making This Entire Country A Sanctuary" For Illegals

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...y-sanctuary-illegals

Negotiations over securing and building a border wall have reached an impasse Sunday as bipartisan talks are failing and both sides are edging closer to a government shutdown this Friday. Further, Democrats are pushing to weaken Immigration and Customs Enforcement, proposing drastic limitations on beds and weakening the agencies effectiveness to hold criminal illegal immigrants, said Tom Homan, former ICE Director.

He told SaraACarter.com Sunday that the proposal is a serious security issue that is unacceptable.

“The Dems proposal will result in tens of thousands of criminal aliens and other illegal aliens that are currently detained pending a court hearing or removal to be released into our communities,” said Homan.

He noted the proposals are “making this entire country a sanctuary.”

It will result in “a rush to the border because incoming aliens will know there is no consequence for their actions,” Homan added.

“As I have said all year, the Dems may not abolish ICE but they will cripple them and make them ineffective by severely harming their operational budget.”

FACTS ON ILLEGAL FAMILY UNITS AND APPREHENSIONS

Fiscal Year 2018 is the highest number of family unit apprehensions on record. More than 40% higher than any previous year on record.

The number of family units along the southwest border increased 22% from August to September.

Illegal alien minors or adults traveling with minors are rarely detained or removed but released.

Customs and Border Protection used to primarily apprehend single adults. Currently, CBP has an influx of minors and adults traveling with minors. It is a loophole they use to enter and stay in the country illegally.

Five days to go, but at this point it sure sounds like a 'State of Emergency' to me! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Kamala Harris
Cory Booker
Kirsten Gillibrand
Elizabeth Warren
Amy Klobuchar
Julian Castro
Tulsi Gabbard

haven't heard yet from

Bernie Sanders
Beto ORourke
Joe Biden
Hillary Clinton
Sherrod Brown
Jeff Merkley
?

This looks like a list for Dinner for Schmucks.

Goodness me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
The libtards in the school district where I work are really ramping it up against trump since the speech. They must be really worried.
If I was closer to retirement I'd wear this to work!

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Hat Crimes...the grey Ketteh's take Big Grin...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Vsdo_KbX6-8

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Trump’s wild popularity overseas is one of media’s best kept secrets

By Thomas Lifson

The mainstream media pretends that their scorn for President Trump is almost universally shared overseas. While globalists everywhere (along with their media allies) dislike him for standing up for national sovereignty, a rising tide of populist revolt is shaking them to their core. And Trump is a hero – even a superhero – to the growing number of anti-globalist populists around the world.

Stark evidence of this popularity of President Trump comes from Italy, where a populist government won power – though the media tend to ignore this. The Carnival of Viareggio, described as “world-famous” by Medium.com (the website chosen by Jeff Bezos for his j’accuse manifesto against the National Enquirer) dates back to 1873, and has established itself as the venue for featuring amazing giant figures. It takes place in Tuscany, a wealthy area that is a magnet for tourists worldwide.

Check out the highlight of yesterday’s parade:

Don’t you love the Twitter sword that he carries?

There was at least one individual who picked up the theme in the parade:

Most delightful of all: This crowd transferred their love of President Trump into love for America.

According to Bizpacreview, the representation of Trump has acquired a nickname, God-Emperor Trump.”

Trump’s supporters here in the states have dubbed this caricature “God Emperor Trump” because of its uncanny resemblance to the “God-Emperor of Mankind,” a character in the popular tabletop fantasy wargame Warhammer 40,000.

“The Emperor of Mankind is the immortal Perpetual who serves as the ruling monarch of the Imperium of Man, and is described by the Imperial Ecclesiarchy and the Imperial Cult as the Father, Guardian and God of humanity,” a Wikia fan page notes.

And this “Father, Guardian and God of humanity” looks just like the Italians’ caricature of Trump.

Looks pretty spot on to me:

Of course, this is but the latest evidence that President Trump is inspiring people all over the world. My colleague Monica Showalter offers these examples that are shunned by our lying media:

Thousands in England chant “We want Trump”

Protesting French Chanted “We Want Trump” as Media Ignores Them — Update

WATCH: Mexican Protesters Chant ‘Trump Was Right,’ Caravan ‘Is An Invasion’

And, from the Bezos Washington Post: ‘Just like Trump’: Bolsonaro leads Brazil’s presidential race with right-wing populist pitch

The globalists realize that this is a worldwide phenomenon, one directed squarely at them and the transition they have wright on countries everywhere. The last thing they want is for Americans to understand that President Trump is THE global leader of a populist movement that is growing, is pro-America, and has already toppled statist governments

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...s.html#ixzz5fBfmJsOc

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post