SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm not supporting him. I agree he should be given the boot. What I'm saying is Trump could treat our friends, the U.K., more respectfully.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Trump kicked him in the teeth, that's what I expect of my President.

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
What I'm saying is Trump could treat our friends, the U.K., more respectfully.
That's a two-way street.

Once the man's true feelings became known, the President stated that he would no longer work with him. Tell me that you read that and did not know that the effect of this would be for Britain to remove the guy from his post.
The President was saying "Get us someone I can work with.

The ex-ambassador said "These guys suck and they aren't going to get any better.". How the President could "work with" someone like that is beyond me.

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Being gentle was the Obama way. Bluntly telling arrogant pricks to fuck off is the Trump way. The results speak loud and clear.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
ssible. She was fully effective, just did not follow what the people voted for.

Sir Kim is pretty much as described by Para. Looking down his nose at Trump - Britains version of a Swamp Creature. Goodbye.

However, Teresa May is the real villian here. From her willful incompetence on Brexit to how she has managed not just the US but her own Country over this period...

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

But he didn't. He expressed an opinion in what he expected to be private email.

He was trashing Trump and therefore US before that leaked email...

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
But he didn't. He expressed an opinion in what he expected to be private email. Somebody, with the intent to embarrass either the Ambassador, Trump, or both leaked it..

AIUI, it was an official e-mail, the modern-day equivalent of a diplomatic cable. Which tend to be rather undiplomatic - remember Cablegate by Wikileaks in 2011, dumping thousands of reports from US embassies onto the net? Hamid Karzai a weak character driven by paranoia and ideas of conspiracies, Nicolas Sarkozy a thin-skinned, authoritarian emperor with no clothes, Angela "Teflon" Merkel "rarely creative", Mahmud Abbas weak, corrupt and no longer relevant, Benjamin Netanyahu a "peace preventor", Silvio Berlusconi "Putin's mouthpiece in Europe", Muammar al-Gaddafi a hypochondriac master of intrigue, Recep T. Erdogan a powerhungry Islamist, etc.

People took it in stride since everybody knows how it works. Governments expect their own diplomats to be candid in their assessments after all, protected by confidentiality. The only country which took action was Ecuador, which expelled the US ambassador over her reporting that President Rafael Correa was aware of corruption allegations against the guy whom he made commander of the national police force (the US responded in kind).

I'm hearing from the British side that this leak was likely a domestic intrigue related, in fact, to Brexit, counting on Trump's expected reaction. It's not quite clear whether the resignation of the ambassador was the intended result, but the fact is that his term would have run out at the end of this year anyway. With Theresa May on the way out, his successor would then have been named by the next prime minister - in all likelihood Boris Johnson, who would probably have chosen a pro-Brexit guy. As it is now, May gets to select the next ambassador, who will stay on well into her successor's reign.

Then again, maybe someone just wanted to throw another spanner into relations of the US with its allies at a time where the West is being broadly challenged by Russia, China etc.

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
PNG the arrogant prick and be done with it. Good on you Mr. President.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
More WINNING!

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...case-over-businesses

Trump declares victory over ‘Deep State’ as court tosses challenge over his businesses

Published 40 mins ago
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

President Trump scored a big win on Wednesday when the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals agreed to throw out a case that accused him of violating the Constitution through earnings from D.C. businesses including the Trump International Hotel.

The lawsuit, brought by the attorneys general of Maryland and Washington, D.C., claimed that earnings from the hotel and its related businesses violated prohibitions against receiving benefits from foreign governments, the U.S., or individual states. The Fourth Circuit declared that Maryland and D.C. lacked standing to bring the case in the first place, and ordered the lower court to dismiss the complaint.

“Word just out that I won a big part of the Deep State and Democrat induced Witch Hunt,” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning. “Unanimous decision in my favor from The United States Court of Appeals For The Fourth Circuit on the ridiculous Emoluments Case. I don’t make money, but lose a fortune for the honor of serving and doing a great job as your President (including accepting Zero salary!).”

The complaint claimed that by maintaining ownership of his businesses, Trump earned “millions of dollars in payments, benefits, and other valuable consideration from foreign governments and persons acting on their behalf, as well as federal agencies and state governments.” The Foreign Emoluments Clause of the Constitution prohibits people holding office from accepting “any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state” without congressional consent.

Similarly, the Domestic Emoluments Clause says that the president “shall not receive … any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them” other than a salary.

The Fourth Circuit ruled that D.C. and Maryland could not properly bring such a case against Trump because they did not establish that they suffered any harm that justified the lawsuit. They claimed that their interest was in protecting local businesses that allegedly lost out on business because officials would patronize Trump’s establishments instead. They also claimed that the Trump International Hotel has an “unlawful competitive advantage” over D.C. properties and that Maryland loses out on tax revenue because business is going to Trump’s D.C. businesses instead.

The Fourth Circuit did not buy these arguments.

“The District and Maryland’s interest in enforcing the Emoluments Clauses is so attenuated and abstract that their prosecution of this case readily provokes the question of whether this action against the President is an appropriate use of the courts, which were created to resolve real cases and controversies between the parties,” the court’s opinion said, noting that the “alleged harm amounts to little more than a general interest in having the law followed,” which is not enough to constitute an actual case or controversy to be heard by the courts.

"We are pleased that the Fourth Circuit unanimously decided to dismiss this extraordinarily flawed case," Justice Department spokesperson Kelly Laco said in a statement. "The court correctly determined that the plaintiffs improperly asked the courts to exceed their constitutional role by reviewing the President’s compliance with the Emoluments Clauses.”

Trump’s personal attorney Jay Sekulow celebrated the outcome as “a complete victory.”

“The decision states that there was no legal standing to bring this lawsuit in the first place,” Sekulow said in a statement. “This latest effort at Presidential harassment has been dismissed with.”

D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine and Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh said in a joint statement that they "will continue to pursue our legal options," and that they believe the Fourth Circuit got it wrong.

"Although the court described a litany of ways in which this case is unique, it failed to acknowledge the most extraordinary circumstance of all: President Trump is brazenly profiting from the Office of the President in ways that no other President in history ever imagined and that the founders expressly sought—in the Constitution—to prohibit," the statement said. "We have not and will not abandon our efforts to hold President Trump accountable for violating the Nation’s original anti-corruption laws."

According to Bloomberg, the profits the Trump Organization as a whole earned from foreign countries and officials over the past year amounted to $191,538, an increase of 26 percent from the year before. The Organization, the operation of which Trump left to his children when he took office, donated that same amount to the U.S. Treasury to avoid Emoluments Clause concerns.

On Monday, the Justice Department filed a challenge in a separate Emoluments Clause case with the D.C. Court of Appeals. That case, brought by congressional Democrats, involved Trump properties including hotels in New York and D.C., as well as Mar-a-Lago in Florida. The DOJ's filing seeks the dismissal of the case, or at least a halt to the discovery process that would involve turning over various business records.

Fox News' Bill Mears and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
He expressed an opinion in what he expected to be private email.
It completely amazes me that any educated person in today's world thinks there's such a thing as a private email. This guy may not have meant it for mass consumption, but when he penned that email and sent it forth into the web, he shouldn't has been shocked if it found its way into the wrong hands. Simple rule of thumb, don't put stuff into emails you wouldn't want made public.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
apparently the Dodgers have decided not to go to the White House

I'm sure that President Trump is breathing a sigh of relief over that anxious moment.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the many things I find very refreshing about President Trump, he gives you the straight up “Cliff Notes” version of about most everything. Not the politically correct, beat around the bush, don’t want offend someone bullshit.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I'm glad President Trump told the snobby British ambassador that he couldn't work w him.

The messages that Kim Darroch sent were more than "emails"; they were secret cables including ones to Mark Sedwill (UK National Security Advisor).

Darroch comments included:

Warns that Trump could have been indebted to 'dodgy Russians' ;

Claims the President's economic policies could wreck the world trade system;

Says the scandal-hit Presidency could 'crash and burn' and that 'we could be at the beginning of a downward spiral... that leads to disgrace and downfall';

Voices fears that Trump could still attack Iran.

He also says that he doesn't think Trump's White House will 'ever look competent'.

And referring to allegations of collusion between the Trump camp and Russia – since largely disproved – the memo says: 'The worst cannot be ruled out.'

In the confidential memo – marked 'Official Sensitive' – the UK's most important diplomat accused Trump of 'radiating insecurity', filling his speeches with 'false claims and invented statistics' and achieving 'almost nothing' in terms of domestic policy .

But while Trump was making waves on the world stage, his domestic programme was getting nowhere, Sir Kim said.

The President's big election pledges – building a wall between the US and Mexico; stopping Muslims from certain countries coming to America and reforming tax and healthcare – had all hit the buffers.

buffers = activist obama appointed judges

He highlighted how the Administration had been 'dogged from day one by stories of vicious infighting and chaos inside the White House, and swamped by scandals – all, one way or another, linked to Russia .'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...y-dysfunctional.html

and while a lot is still being kept secret, it is very likely parts of the UK govt were active in the conspiracy to stop Donald Trump from becoming President

Darroch sounds exactly like an elitist far left radical DEM intent on stopping the Trump agenda

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
so this is what passes for "qualified diplomat" in the rest of the world?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure an across the Atlantic bloody swamp creature!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Right now the Brits are worried about what comes out of Barr’s investigation, they are neck deep in this pile of shit, and will not look good if this gets known to the American public. I do not look at the British Government as our “friends”, I’m sure the President knows how far to trust them.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Right now the Brits are worried about what comes out of Barr’s investigation, they are neck deep in this pile of shit, and will not look good if this gets known to the American public. I do not look at the British Government as our “friends”, I’m sure the President knows how far to trust them.

Agreed!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if I recall, didn't the Chief of British Intelligence abruptly resign the day after Donald Trump was elected President?

like he knew that eventually the shit was going to hit the fan and it was better to separate himself from the office and try to hide somewhere

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Yep, he was the head of their GCHQ, basically like our NSA, and was considered an up and comer in the Government.knew his fingerprints were all over this and figured getting out now before Trump uncovered all of this plan and who was guilty.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post