SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
when Roger Stone was arrested by Mueller's goons, these were the 2 FBI gunmen knocking on Stone's door.

Stone's front door is in the lower right of the pic

video of the arrest at

https://cbs12.com/news/local/e...the-roger-stone-raid

“I opened the door and in my front yard, I was staring down barrel of two assault weapons and I saw a dozen other FBI agents in the background, all wearing night goggles, full SWAT gear, sidearms, and so-on. On the ground was a large metal device used to break down a door which was unnecessary," Stone told Sinclair Broadcast Group Chief Political Correspondent Scott Thuman

Behind the house, more agents arrived by boat

Stone identified himself. Agents informed him there's a warrant for his arrest. He's handcuffed.

“I was wearing a ‘Roger Stone did nothing wrong’ T-shirt, a pair of cutoff sweatpants and bare feet. They took me out to stand in the in the middle of the street," Stone said.

“They essentially went through every square inch of my house, literally every square inch. They removed all of my electronics, my computer, my laptop, my iPad, a lot of computer disks, none of which have evidence of Russian collusion or Wikileaks collaboration or any other crime," Stone said.

"I guess the point of this is to make me look guilty in public. To poison the jury pool. And make me look like 'El Chapo' or some kind of drug kingpin," he said.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I like the shirt he came out in. Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
All that and he would of turned himself in if they had contacted his lawyer.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Andrew McCabe coming out w new book:

The Threat
How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump

a real hit job.

So whatever happened to the charges that McCabe lied to the DoJ IG ?

Mueller prosecutes people for the slightest interpretation of what might be considered a lie. (but only if it hurts President Trump in some way)

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Lol, what joker made this-

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nobody is better at making people show their asses than DT.

Nancy really showed hers...

Pelosi Outsmarted Herself on the SOTU

When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi withdrew her original State of the Union invitation, preventing President Trump from delivering the address as scheduled on January 29, she was probably surprised when he responded with such calm forbearance: “This is her prerogative. I will do the address when the shutdown is over.” By the time Trump finished the rescheduled speech Tuesday evening, she no doubt understood that her petty political ploy had been a blunder. Trump, being no mean showman, had long since realized that the highly publicized delay would increase public interest in the speech — and that is precisely what happened.

By the time he entered the House chamber, it was already obvious that the national audience would very likely exceed last year’s larger-than-usual viewership for such speeches. This is not typical for the SOTU address. The normal pattern is a reasonably large audience for a president’s first address, followed by a gradual decline in public interest each year thereafter. This was certainly true for Trump’s predecessor. Tuesday evening’s speech, however, drew a larger audience than did the President’s 2018 address. According to a report in the Hill, broadcast TV numbers from Nielsen show the audience share was 10 percent over last year’s speech:

The four major broadcast outlets — CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox — combined for a 16.3 overnight rating during the address Tuesday night, which could result in total viewership of approximately 49 million when final numbers, to include the cable news networks and other outlets, are in later Wednesday.

Moreover, CBS and CNN conducted polls of public reaction to Trump’s words and the vast majority of viewers liked what they heard. The CBS/YouGov poll found that 76 percent of the public approved of the address, including 97 percent of Republicans and a whopping 82 percent of Independents. And a majority of viewers agreed that the President accomplished one of his primary goals for the address — improving national unity. According to CBS, “Fifty-six percent of Americans who watched tonight feel the president’s speech will do more to unite the country.” On specific issues, an unambiguous majority of viewers agreed with the President.

And, in more than one case, their answers debunked Democrat talking points. A particularly glaring example of this was the public’s response to his points on illegal immigration. The Democrats have consistently attempted to convince the public that President Trump and his administration is exaggerating the seriousness of the problem. They have frequently accused him of unnecessarily stoking racism and xenophobia in order to “manufacture a crisis.” Indeed, this is the primary basis for their consistent yet evidence-free claims that he himself is a racist. That is not, however, how the Americans who watched last night’s SOTU address view the issue:

Most viewers had a favorable opinion of what Mr. Trump had to say about immigration.… From what they heard tonight, 71 percent of speech-watchers think there is a crisis at the southern border.

It goes without saying, of course, that such unexpected and unwelcome findings forced the people at CBS to downplay the significance of their own poll. To that end, they devoted a lot of irrelevant verbiage to the number of Republicans who watched President Trump’s speech:

In the latest CBS national poll released last month, 25 percent of Americans identified themselves as Republicans. Among those who watched Tuesday night’s address, that figure was 43 percent.

Oddly, the folks at CBS neglect to explain how that datum applies to the extraordinarily high approval figures among the Independents who watched the President’s speech. Moreover, on other issues, the approval ratings on Trump’s speech are also too high to explain away:

On North Korea, 78 percent of speech-watchers think a second meeting between Mr. Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is a good idea.… Most viewers [74 percent] approved of Mr. Trump’s comments on the Middle East.

The analysts at CNN also conducted a survey of the people who watched the State of the Union address, and found higher rates of approval than they evidently expected. It’s unlikely that these number crunchers were pleased to find that the percentage of viewers who rated the speech as “very positive” or “somewhat positive” was identical to the CBS result — 76 percent. Not coincidentally, CNN also tried to explain that away with the “more Republicans watched” argument. But the positive effect of Trump’s performance was very real and clearly taking its toll on Speaker Pelosi as the speech went on. Former Speaker Newt Gingrich felt her pain:

She had to listen politely.… and pretend to be a good hostess (the President is the guest of the House). When even her most radical new members began standing and applauding, she must have experienced a bit of despair.

This was obvious to anyone watching Madam Speaker gnaw her lip and writhe for the 82 minutes Trump spoke. To paraphrase the immortal P.G. Wodehouse, it was clear that, if not actually disgruntled, she was far from being gruntled. But she could have compromised with Trump on the wall and prevented an unnecessary fight. And she certainly didn’t need to postpone the SOTU. But she refused to do the former and insisted upon the latter — setting Trump up for Tuesday night’s triumph. A classic example of poetic justice. Now the country sees him as more presidential and her as less reasonable. On the shutdown fight, she was too clever by half.

https://spectator.org/pelosi-o...herself-on-the-sotu/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Anyone watching the Whitaker hearings today? It's quite entertaining I must say. Hilarious at times even. He managed to seriously rile up Shelia Jackson Lee. Haha

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Acting AG Whittaker testifying to House Judiciary Comm (chaired by DEM Nadler)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ker-hearing-n2541038

When Nadler got his five minutes to ask questions, they were all about Robert Mueller's special counsel investigation into Russian collusion. The Democratic chairman asked Whitaker repeatedly how often he'd been briefed on the Russia probe, and whether he had relayed any of that information to the president.

Whitaker said he can't talk about ongoing investigations, but that yes, he has been briefed on them. He is the person "ultimately in charge of the investigation," yet insisted he has not interfered in any way with it.

Nadler kept pressing him on the same matter

"I know you’re very interested in the special counsel investigation," Whitaker noted sarcastically. He added that no matter how many times he's asked, he's already said "all I plan on saying" about the number of times he was briefed on the investigation.

But that didn't stop Nadler from trying one more time. As Nadler started to ask again about his relationship to the Russia probe, Whitaker uttered perhaps the most savage response ever from a witness on Capitol Hill.

"Mr. Chairman, I see that your five minutes is up."

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I'm not crazy about the elusive answers by Whittaker but I understand they are necessary to avoid the liberal entrapment. Frown

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Mr. Chairman, I see that your five minutes is up."

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I'm not crazy about the elusive answers by Whittaker but I understand they are necessary to avoid the liberal entrapment. Frown

That's exactly what they're doing. They're trying to catch him in a "lie." Whitaker seems very smart though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Nobody is better at making people show their asses than DT.

Nancy really showed hers...

The Art of The Deal War

-Trump Tzu

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that Pelosi may have been shuffling her stack of papers behind Trump like a madman because Trump punked her and the copy of the speech she received as per rules/custom was NOT the one Trump actually gave and she was lost trying to figure out where the hell she was! Big Grin

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
^ ^ ^ ^ Yup.

Totally agree!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This Whitaker hearing is an embarrassing farce. I just tuned back in. Where'd all the Republicans go? Did they all walk out of the hearing? Good for them if so.

The dems are in full retardation mode.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Pelosi is caving...

Pelosi and other Democrats caving to border wall funding?

On Wednesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told the press that there would "there will not be another shutdown" over the proposed border wall. She also said she will fully support any resolution that the bipartisan committee in charge of the negotiations come up with, even if it includes full wall funding.

Chances are strong that it will. Nancy says that as the negotiations continue, "left to their own devices," an agreement will be reached as early as Friday. Democratic rep from N.Y. Nina Lowey, who leads the conference committee, told reporters negotiations are happening and could be settled in enough time for the House and Senate to vote on new appropriation bills before the February 15 deadline.

In the Washington Post article, Illinois Democrat Dick Durbin, who is also on this committee, said he believes that the "highest funding priority should be technology to intercept drugs at the border — not physical barriers." Durbin also stated that border experts explained in a meeting why a wall is necessary and, technically, itself technology that will stop drugs, but Democrats still want to cling to their idea that it's not.

When reporters asked Lowey whether the "needle was moved" in response to President Trump's successful State of the Union address, she responded with "no comment." Polls showed overwhelming support for the president's SOTU, which included a passionate pitch for a border wall. During his speech, the president made it clear that the wall will be built, one way or another.

Though he really wants to fund the construction through legislation, he has not ruled out using an emergency proclamation to bypass Congress to do so. However, Trump knows that a move like that would instantly be tied up in courts and give Democrats the opportunity to continue to obstruct the process.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...g.html#ixzz5eyH5oFzE

-rduckwor

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am guessing that President Trump is about three steps ahead of Piglosi on this and he not only has Plan A but a Plan B just waiting in the wings

The dems are so myopic they probably have a peripheral vision measured in single digit degrees

They know that if he doesn't get the wall, he shuts them down again and everyone will know why

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The Democrats are using the media as their weapon now. In one story NBC news tried to link Trump to the Below/Enquirer right. Then they claim he operates a pipeline if illegals to his resorts.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
...Then they claim he operates a pipeline of illegals to his resorts.

Which is why he's so intent on building the border wall and shutting down illegal alien traffic. That's as rational as Putin working to elect him rather than Putin's sock puppet Hillary.

Good old NBCDNC. No lie is too ridiculous for them to repeat with a straight face.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post