SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Trump Economy Blazes as Gen. Motors, Ford Surprise 1,500 Temps with Full-Time Promotions & More To Come

Though Democrats and the predominately liberal establishment media are loath to admit it, the U.S. economy under President Donald Trump has been on fire for three years and shows little signs of a significant slowdown any time soon.

Those who tout Trump’s robust economy often point to the soaring stock market, the historically low unemployment rate and rising wages across the board for workers at all levels, but there is one more particularly important element that can’t be missed — jobs.

And not just part-time or minimum-wage entry-level jobs, either — though we’ll never knock whatever honest work an American can find — but serious full-time jobs with competitive wages and benefits packages in a wide assortment of industries across the economy.

A prime example of this was the incredible news shared by the Detroit Free Press on Wednesday that both Ford and General Motors had surprised upwards of 1,500 temporary workers with an unexpected promotion to be permanent full-time employees of the premier American auto manufacturers.

On Monday, GM converted 930 temporary workers to permanent full-time employees, spread out across 30 of its 52 plants around the country. The company said additional promotions would be coming in the months ahead as well.

Likewise, Ford also announced on Monday that it, too, had promoted 592 of its temporary workers to full-time status, and similarly promised more promotions would follow in the next month.

The liberal-leaning Free Press did not credit Trump’s economy for the excellent news, of course, but rather pointed solely to a provision in the new labor agreement between the United Auto Workers union and the “Big Three” U.S. auto companies — Ford, GM and Fiat Chrysler.

That agreement, reached in October 2019 following a 40-day strike by union workers, included a provision that would automatically convert a temporary worker to permanent full-time status following at least three years of service.

Both Ford and GM had agreed to the terms, while Fiat Chrysler was still working to implement the agreement (and may announce its own promotions once everything is finalized).

To be sure, while the provision in the new UAW labor agreement with the auto companies certainly played a significant role in the promotions for these workers, that state of the U.S. economy under Trump can’t be ignored or dismissed for playing a role as well.

Had the economy not been firing on all cylinders for the past three years, the temporary workers may not have been able to attain their three-year service mark with the companies to become eligible for the promotions, which of course come with higher hourly wages and benefits like insurance and paid leave.

If the economy weren’t running at full speed, or if prospects of a substantial slowdown loomed on the horizon, Ford and GM wouldn’t be taking this step either.

Indeed, these promotions by Ford and GM, as excellent as they are for the individual workers involved, can also be viewed almost equally as an expression of the high level of confidence the companies have in the economy remaining strong for the foreseeable future.

Also lost in all of this and left unmentioned by the Free Press is the likely role played by recent movement in Congress regarding the United States-Mexico-Canada trade agreement, intended as a replacement for the outdated North America Free Trade Agreement.

The USMCA has been touted as strengthening the auto manufacturing sector in the U.S., and odds are good that the companies factored the potential pact into their decisions to promote their employees.

The left may not want to openly admit it, but the Trump economy is doing great, as evidenced by the promotion of these 1,500 union workers — and potentially hundreds more in the coming months.

Provided the economy remains strong, news like this will only bolster Trump’s chances at being re-elected in November.

https://www.westernjournal.com...tent=libertyalliance

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Heard through the grapevine that there was a Military ball the other day, and somebody I know in attendance provided me with this evidence.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^Nice.

I'm pretty sure that's standard issue now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I know we don't like polls, but I think Rasmussen is one that tries to be honest

Latest Rasmussen poll:

only 12% now feel it’s more likely that Trump will be impeached and removed from office before serving his first full term

That's down from a high of 29% from late Dec 2017.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2017 was the high point for impeachment / removal ?

Recall that was back when there were nonstop rumors from the Mueller counterintelligence investigation that there was terrible evidence coming out regarding Donald Trump and the Trump campaign.

Of course that "terrible evidence" turned out to be the complete exposure of a biased, dirty trick, coup attempt by rabid dog DEM prosecutors and one befuddled Robert Mueller

Even DEMs see that McConnell will not let sneaky Schiff and bozo Nadler pull off coup attempt #2

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Bloomberg thinks he can buy his way to the WH.

And Trump spends far less than Hillary to win the 2016 election.

Well, Mikey did buy Virginia. So don't discount money too quickly. Billions matter.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Billions matter.

Yes, because in general brains don’t.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Bloomberg thinks he can buy his way to the WH.

And Trump spends far less than Hillary to win the 2016 election.

Well, Mikey did buy Virginia. So don't discount money too quickly. Billions matter.

$200 Million Well Spent: Michael Bloomberg Rally Draws Tens of Supporters

Only 45 people attend Bloomberg rally with Judge Judy despite campaign's big spending
by Spencer Neale
| January 12, 2020 10:14 AM

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg claims he is ready to spend more than $1 billion in an effort to oust President Trump, but money may not be bringing supporters to his campaign.

Just 45 people showed up to Bloomberg's latest rally with TV star Judge Judy Sheindlin in Texas on Saturday.

“Unlike everyone else in this race, I think what’s important is beating Donald Trump,” Bloomberg told the sparse crowd of fewer than 50 people in San Antonio.

Bloomberg, 77, has eschewed tradition by entering the race late, forgoing attempts to make the debate stage, spending big out of his personal account, and focusing on the later states in an attempt to gain the 2020 Democratic nomination.

He has bought a $10 million TV spot that will air at this year's Super Bowl, and his campaign's digital ad buys are set to outpace Trump 4-to-1.

During his 13-minute stump speech, Bloomberg highlighted efforts to increase teacher pay in New York and his plan to cut carbon emissions. He then attacked Trump, saying he would spend less time tweeting when he was president.

“I can’t spell very well, so that’s relatively easy to do,” stated Bloomberg.

The RealClearPolitics national average shows Bloomberg polling at 5.8%, trailing former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former Vice President Joe Biden, and Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...mpaigns-big-spending

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just 45 people showed up to Bloomberg's latest rally with TV star Judge Judy Sheindlin in Texas on Saturday.

Judge Judy gets more than 45 out of work actors to sit in as her courtroom audience. Pretty sad.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally blurted Bloomberg:
“Unlike everyone else in this race, I think what’s important is beating Donald Trump,”

So... the presidency is not about providing guidance, leadership, and prosperity for our country, it's all about beating Donald Trump. Who knew?

Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
...Bloomberg rally with Judge Judy
What in the name of holy phukk is Judge Judy doing with Bloomberg?!?!? I didn't know she was a raging libtard. Or is he the one that has the naked pictures of her... Eek

I was at breakfast with a buddy Friday morning and he stated, "Did you see where Hannity said Judge Judy was supporting Bloomberg?" For some reason, I pictured Judge Jeanine Pirro in my mind. No wonder it didn't make sense. And...it still doesn't.

Thanks boss...[for explanation below]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trump thread

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
President Trump is ready to dump this farce down the toilet and dismiss this shameful impeachment as soon as possible. I'm right there with him. I'm simply worn out from this whole thing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
From last fall, but I think it's worth linking again, because I didn't hear the actual prayer at that time.

https://wbckfm.com/young-black...mux9tB8Xetf-HgCelpAE

Young Black Leaders At White House; Prayer Astounds The Room

The Young Black Leadership Summit was held at the White House the other day and one young black woman’s thoughts and then prayer blew the room away.

Cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Subpoena schiffty, the whistleblower (not schiffty's boyfriend) slut Hunter, and sleepy joe, let the media talking heads sizzle for a few days, then vote to dismiss.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
From last fall, but I think it's worth linking again, because I didn't hear the actual prayer at that time.

https://wbckfm.com/young-black...mux9tB8Xetf-HgCelpAE

Young Black Leaders At White House; Prayer Astounds The Room

The Young Black Leadership Summit was held at the White House the other day and one young black woman’s thoughts and then prayer blew the room away.

Cont...
That was very nice 6guns. Nice young lady.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Based on Balze's post, Trump has apparently changed his mind about having is day in court and just wants to move on.

I agree. I mean, really, does anyone give a shit anymore? It's over. But, I suppose the Dems want to keep it in the news.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...tleblower-complaint/

President Trump tweeted Sunday that House Republicans are investigating the origins of the “whistleblower” complaint and that the intelligence community inspector general who handled it faces “serious questions.”

Trump quoted a Fox News interview from House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-CA):

House Republicans investigating origins of the Ukraine Whistleblower complaint. ICIG Michael Atkinson facing serious questions. “The Democrats know the ICIG is a major problem-didn’t release his testimony. Looks so much like everything else we’ve seen, from the Russia Hoax, to the Ukraine Hoax that became the Impeachment Scam. Must get the ICIG answers by Friday because this is the guy who lit the fuse. So if he wants to clear his name, prove that his office is indeed incompetent.”

In the interview, Nunes said Republicans in September asked Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson to provide documentation to show how the “whistleblower” was able to file a whistleblower complaint to him using only second-hand information.

The “whistleblower” had stated on the complaint form that he had “firsthand” information and reportedly indicated that he did not go to Congress with his concerns when he had reached out to an aide of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA).

Nunes said Atkinson in October provided a “non-answer answer,” and House Democrats have refused to release his closed-door testimony from during their impeachment inquiry.

Atkinson is claiming that his office had just made mistakes. Nunes said he wanted to see the documentation to prove there were mistakes. “It just doesn’t pass the smell test,” he added.

Nunes is demanding answers by Friday, as the Senate impeachment hearings are about to get underway.

“This is the guy who lit the fuse for the impeachment scam that’s now going to be on trial in the Senate,” he said.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Atkinson is dirty. very dirty

xxxxxxxxxxxx

President Trump:

Many believe that by the Senate giving credence to a trial based on the no evidence, no crime, read the transcripts, “no pressure” Impeachment Hoax, rather than an outright dismissal, it gives the partisan Democrat Witch Hunt credibility that it otherwise does not have. I agree!

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg says

“Number one priority is to get rid of Donald Trump. I’m spending all my money to get rid of Trump,”

Bloomberg told reporters Saturday that he will spend up to a billion dollars to defeat Trump in 2020, even if he does not win the Democrat primary.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020...mini-mike-bloomberg/

Bloomberg - egomaniac who is out of his league, maybe out of his planet

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and Booker packs it in Smile

another one bites the dust....

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
and Booker packs it in Smile

Guess he's not quite so Spartacus-y as he fancied himself to be

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post