SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
This may have already been mentioned earlier-

WA Senate passes Bill that would Keep President Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns:

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...rump-off-2020-ballot

If this Bill goes through, I see other Blue states following WA lead.

How is that remotely legal? It's voter suppression.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
quote:

WA Senate passes Bill that would Keep President Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns:

Nope, perfectly legal. Each state is authorized to allocate its Electors any way it wants to--they can pass a state law that says "vote for the Democrat" if they want and not have any input from the voters there. The original method was for the state legislature to just appoint Electors.

However, if the Washington bill becomes law, it would seem necessary for them to also pass one that specifies how the Electors would be chosen.

Of course, when a candidate is left off the ballot in one or more states, the effect is to reduce the potential number of votes received by that candidate nationally, an outcome that would only spur the outcry to eliminate the Electoral College altogether. (That is unlikely to happen, because it requires a Constitutional amendment, but some of the ploys being urged by the Democrats effectively would neutralize it.) My take is that any state that does not include all the major Presidential candidates on its ballots should not have any of its votes included in the national "totals", since its results are indelibly skewed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Fox is reporting that the Mueller report has been delivered to the AG.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm underwhelmed

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

adding: Fox and others reporting that a senior Justice official said SC Mueller is not recommending any further indictments.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Fox is reporting that the Mueller report has been delivered to the AG.

Glad to hear that chapter is finally closed.

I figured it would last till well into his second term, or at least closer to 2020.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Mueller report delivered to AG on a Friday afternoon at 5 pm ET? Roll Eyes

This proves to me he never had anything on Trump because if he did it would’ve been released midday on a Monday long ago.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Now that the obstruction of justice threat is ended, President Trump can issue a few pardons. Especially Flynn. But not Cohen.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Mueller report delivered to AG on a Friday afternoon at 5 pm ET?
Oh, you know how it is- it's the end of a long work week. Job well done and all that. It's only one brewski short of a Löwenbräu commercial.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Now that the obstruction of justice threat is ended, President Trump can issue a few pardons. Especially Flynn. But not Cohen.

Oh it's not over. Not by a long shot.

At first, the Dems cried and sang joyful songs about waiting Mueller to finish his work and by the number of criminal indictments, they were giddy that Trump would be nailed.

If it turns out there's no criminal actions recommended against Trump, Nadler and the rest of the Dems will pursue the political investigation.

Mueller is doing criminal and Congress is doing a political investigation. While you'd think that Mueller's work might shut down Nadler and the others, it won't.

Would any of the political investigations go forward if The Hag had won? Not at all.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Its always a good idea to check in on your enemies once in a while if you can stomach CNN for a few minutes. A democratic member of the House intelligence committee has said he wants to know where the Mueller probe scope didnt stretch too, and get the DOJ to continue investigating Trump under a new special investigation. Basically their plan to have Trump under perpetual investigation up until 2020 and beyond. The American people will tire of that shit real quick and its just gonna bite them in the ass, so have at it I say.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck, how about a "Fuck You".

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Watch for it:

Robert Mueller is going to go from this noble, beloved figure, TO BE PROTECTED, to Public Enemy No 1 by Monday morning with the Democrats.

Big Grin

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't tune into any news program right now on a bet. Endless, meaningless speculation for the next couple of days. Pointless blathering. Don't waste your time, gents.

posted Hide Post
Shocking how fast the farce wrapped up after a real AG was sworn in. No; has to just be coincidence right? Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Purely

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Shocking how fast the farce wrapped up after a real AG was sworn in. No; has to just be coincidence right? Roll Eyes

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
No collusion.
No hacking.
No sock puppets.

Add that up and what do you get?

President Trump. Big Grin

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
quote:

Nope, perfectly legal. Each state is authorized to allocate its Electors any way it wants to--they can pass a state law that says "vote for the Democrat" if they want and not have any input from the voters there. The original method was for the state legislature to just appoint Electors.

However, if the Washington bill becomes law, it would seem necessary for them to also pass one that specifies how the Electors would be chosen.

Of course, when a candidate is left off the ballot in one or more states, the effect is to reduce the potential number of votes received by that candidate nationally, an outcome that would only spur the outcry to eliminate the Electoral College altogether. (That is unlikely to happen, because it requires a Constitutional amendment, but some of the ploys being urged by the Democrats effectively would neutralize it.) My take is that any state that does not include all the major Presidential candidates on its ballots should not have any of its votes included in the national "totals", since its results are indelibly skewed.

flashguy
I truely admire your knowledge flashguy.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Democrats tonight-

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post