SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Now that's funny.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2402 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump appears to have lost weight. This is good for us, less chance of a MI or stroke a few years down the road.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Trump appears to have lost weight. This is good for us, less chance of a MI or stroke a few years down the road.

Really? All I was seeing last night was him being ripped online for busting out of his tux. Seriously these people are deranged over his beating their precious Hillary. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OUR first Lady is one class act!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
OUR first Lady is one class act!!

=================================
Amen, brother. Class Level = > Jackie Wink

She will help us forget Michelle and Hillary.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Nigel Farage reacts to anti-Trump protests in London
Jun. 04, 2019 - 3:23 - Brexit party leader Nigel Farage sits down with Laura Ingraham to discuss U.S.-U.K. relations.

Fox News > https://video.foxnews.com/v/60...64001/#sp=show-clips

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Democrats suffer setback in Trump court battles
BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 06/05/19 06:00 AM EDT

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/regulation...-trump-court-battles

"...... Democratic lawmakers were dealt a blow Monday when a federal judge ruled that they don’t have the authority to sue the president over his diversion of military funds to build a border wall........" "The ruling also underscores the judiciary’s wariness of entangling itself in political fights between the executive and legislative branches, with judges preferring that the two bodies resolve the fights among themselves — a near impossibility in this political climate.".....

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
The 'Trump card': Using the Insurrection Act at the border
BY RYAN P. BURKE, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 06/05/19 09:30 AM EDT

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/opinion/na...on-act-at-the-border

"The Insurrection Act will be here before the 2020 election. If the immigration debate with Congress were like a strategic poker game, this would be President Trump’s “ace in the hole” for winning immigration poker — the “Trump card,” if you will. Trump considers himself a winner and a fixer, and likely believes the Insurrection Act will fix military border mission ambiguity and help him win the ongoing immigration battle, two issues long plaguing his administration.

The border situation is heating up. In a generally unreported incident in the early morning hours on May 29, a U.S. Marine stationed at a “mobile surveillance camera site” in El Centro, Calif., near the U.S.-Mexico border said he was attacked by three individuals and fired his weapon in self-defense. U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM) officials confirmed the Marine discharged his weapon but withheld further comment pending an investigation."

"The Insurrection Act is a series of laws that permits the president to, among other things, federalize the National Guard and use the Armed Forces to enforce laws and suppress rebellion when he considers enforcement otherwise impractical through normal proceedings. Though it has been considered for other situations since, the last formal invocation of the Insurrection Act occurred during the 1992 Los Angeles riots. Continued overcrowding at detention facilities, increasing apprehensions beyond border patrol capacity, and violent border confrontations produce precisely the impractical enforcement situations required to justify invoking the Insurrection Act, clarify the mission ambiguity, and ultimately gain control of the immigration system through mass military-enforced deportation efforts. Such an approach is unprecedented and will be met with challenge, yet is entirely legal.

The Insurrection Act appears to be an inevitability. The Trump administration recently hinted at the likelihood of invoking it for mass deportation. It is both predictable and legal, albeit unprecedented in the past quarter-century. To the critics doubting the president’s doggedness, normative departures are commonplace in the Trump presidency. The Insurrection Act is the logical next step in Trump’s continued efforts to “protect the homeland and restore our sovereignty.”

Knowing when to play this “Trump card” is a test of the administration’s political savvy. Will they reserve it as a diversionary tactic to distract from potential impeachment proceedings? Or will the administration use it to galvanize the president’s base approaching the 2020 election? Regardless, it is not a matter of if, but a matter of when."

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
oh be still my heart...

I hope he get it going as soon as he gets back from Europe - we really need relief here in the border areas

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
LMAO! This is why I love Donald Trump so much, he's not one to mince words or hold back:

quote:

A veteran made a flirtatious remark about the First Lady when the pair met at a D Day 75th anniversary event today.
Thomas Cuthbert, 93, from Elmstead Market, Essex, was charmed by Melania Trump, 49, when they were introduced at a reception in Portsmouth this afternoon.
Speaking to the President about his wife, Mr Cuthbert said: 'She's nice, isn't she?,' adding: 'If it wasn't for you, and if only I was 20 years younger.'
The comment prompted a chuckle from the President, 72, who replied: 'You could handle it, there's no question about it,' while shaking Mr Cuthbert's hand.

You old dog you! Razz

I'm sure it will have the feminists and all the other can't-take-a-joke liberals howling with outrage! Big Grin

'If only I was 20 years younger!' D Day veteran, 93, makes a VERY flirtatious remark about Melania Trump while speaking to the President - who replies 'you could handle it, no question'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
She is most stunning......but I can't get past her "Earth vs the Flying Saucers" hat.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
She is most stunning......but I can't get past her "Earth vs the Flying Saucers" hat.

I think that style was popular in the 1920s. Still looks good on her (what doesn't?).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like the hat! Better than the one that QE2 was wearing.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with this picture????

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Merkel - either shouldn't be in the line, or the caption needs to be changed.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Merkel - either shouldn't be in the line, or the caption needs to be changed.

Exactly, her country's participation in D-Day was of a different nature, to say the least.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Her country the “Deutsche Demokratische Republik” did not exist on D-Day, and does not today. Her behavior makes here seem more and more like a Genosse (Comrade).

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought that was Merkel, but not sure since on my phone. Kinda awkward don’t you think?

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

She can wear a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket on her head and still be the classiest First Lady in modern history.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post