SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Many here have noted the bizarre behavior of Judge Napolitano, who suddenly embraced leftist positions against Trump, and generally became hostile. Trump recently explained that Napolitano asked him for an appointment to the SCOTUS, and, also, for a pardon for a friend. The president declined on both. And Napolitano became an enemy.

I can't say why, exactly, but I never trusted Napolitano.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...t-pardon-for-friend/

I was indeed curious about that.

Goodness, what a snake.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Alan Dershowitz is a Liberal, a Democrat, and a dedicated Constitutional lawyer--he absolutely knows the Constitution front and back and staunchly defends it. In matters of policy, he and I seldom see eye to eye, but in matters of law--he is practically God. He never wavers, even when he disagrees with the interpretation. I like a man of principle, and Alan Dershowitz is one of the very few left.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Why would Tinkerbell Smith need a pardon?

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I believe he was saying the "friend" he wanted a pardon for, was also a friend of Tinkerbell/Shep Smith...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I believe he was saying the "friend" he wanted a pardon for, was also a friend of Tinkerbell/Shep Smith...

I read the President's tweet as an inference that Napolitano is a little light in the loafers.

If the "judge" has a skeleton or two in his closet, he should probably back off.

Since noticing that his legal opinions seem to blow with the political wind, I lost any respect I had for him some time ago, but trying to push an impeachment sentiment on President Trump is a new low.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
AG Barr scheduled to testify on the Mueller report in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday and

the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday.

There is an issue w the House Comm and Jerry Nadler. Nadler wants questions from Comm members and their legal counselors. Barr has not agreed to the legal counselors. Nadler threatens to subpoena. What a dick Nadler is.

Where do the DEMs find so many people who are impossible not to intensely dislike and despise.

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I think the saying is you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. It is way past time to crack some eggs.

Breakfast is my favorite meal anyway...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
An outstanding interview of Ken Cuccinelli by Mark Levin on Fox this evening.
Thoroughly debunked “Volume II” of the Mueller report, plus lots more.
Very much worth watching.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Injured California rabbi gets a call from President Donald Trump: 'He was just so comforting'
Kristin LamUpdated 7:16 a.m. ET April 29, 2019
Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein shared the details of his personal phone call with President Donald Trump after the shooting. USA TODAY

The rabbi injured in the California synagogue shooting on Saturday said he found comfort in a personal call from President Donald Trump.

Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein of Chabad in Poway described the 10- to 15-minute conversation with Trump as meaningful.

"He was just so comforting," Goldstein said at a press conference Sunday afternoon. "I’m really grateful to our president for taking the time and making that effort to share with us his comfort and consolation.”

Goldstein, 57, said he received the call at home and was amazed to hear the White House secretary on the line. It was his first conversation with a U.S. president, he said.

Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein, center, receives assistance from Capt. Jeff Duckworth of the Poway Sheriff's Station, right, following a Sunday afternoon news conference in front of the Chabad of Poway synagogue.

The rabbi was one of three injured when a gunman opened fire on Saturday while the congregation celebrated the last day of Passover. One woman, Lori Gilbert-Kaye, was killed as she shielded Goldstein from gunfire. Goldstein said she was a longtime friend and devoted member of the congregation.

“He shared with me condolences on behalf of the United States of America,” Goldstein said of Trump's call. “We spoke about the moment of silence. And he spoke about his love of peace and Judaism and Israel."

Link: USA Today

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
AG Barr scheduled to be interrogated on testify the Mueller report in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday

Fixed it.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
James Woods has not tweeted in over a week. He was banned/suspended for this:

...and yet the leftist commie vile tweets against Trump are allowed to go on.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good article by Knowles. He is spot-on in his assessment of what Trump actually obstructed - a Coup d'état to overturn the results of a presidential election that didn’t put Hillary Clinton in the Oval Office.
quote:
Michael Knowles: Trump obstructed Dem attempt to overturn 2016 election with a coup

By Michael Knowles | Fox News

Yes, President Trump committed obstruction. From the moment he defeated Hillary Clinton, Democrats have tried to overturn the 2016 election, but Trump has obstructed their efforts every step of the way.

This was obstruction in the interests of justice. The president should be applauded for it.

First, partisans within the Justice Department spied on the Trump presidential campaign. They used a mainstream news article to obtain a warrant to surveil Trump’s campaign staff by misleading a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court judge about the source of the article.

In fact, the news story was based on unverified opposition research funded by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee.

Recently uncovered text messages between disgraced FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page suggest this surveillance continued after the election, shifting its focus from the Trump campaign to the transition team of then-President-elect Trump.

Then, according to fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, several Justice Department and FBI officials discussed staging what would have amounted to a coup to oust the duly elected president of the United States from office.

The coup would have been staged by invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office.

The amendment was adopted to deal with cases when a president is unable to carry out his duties following a severe injury or illness – such as being wounded in an assassination attempt, suffering a stroke, or being in a coma. None of these conditions applied to President Trump.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein allegedly suggested wearing a wire to secretly record conversations with President Trump in the hopes of entrapping him to lead to his overthrow.

Next, Trump’s critics called him a traitor. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., who was Hillary Clinton’s vice presidential running mate in 2016, suggested that Trump might have committed treason as early as July 2017 – just two months after Special Counsel Robert Mueller began his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

That same month, former Watergate prosecutor Nick Ackerman said: “There’s almost no question this is treason.”

Last July, Charles Blow published a column in The New York Times headlined “Trump, Treasonous Traitor.”

Then John Brennan, who was CIA director under President Obama, described President Trump’s conduct as “nothing short of treasonous.”

A few weeks later, retired Army Lt. Col. Ralph Peters suggested Trump had “committed treason” and compared the president to Soviet dictator Josef Stalin and Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels.

Others leveled the same false charge at President Trump as well.

After that, government leakers and their mainstream media allies discussed imprisoning members of President Trump’s family along with him.

According to the narrative, Donald Trump Jr. and presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner were destined for orange jumpsuits over an allegedly nefarious meeting with some Russians at Trump Tower. There was even talk of the president’s daughter Ivanka going to prison.

A writer for Vice.com reported giddily on the reaction of federal inmates to the prospect of an incarcerated Trump.

Democratic politicians clamored for the impeachment of President Trump. Many said they expected Mueller’s investigation would show that Trump worked with Russia to get elected. In their minds, the president was guilty until proven innocent.

But then Mueller reported he had discovered what President Trump had insisted all along was the truth: Trump never “colluded” with the Russians. No member of his campaign “colluded” with the Russians. The central accusation against the president that had fueled two years of nonstop attacks on him turned out to be a lie.

Now desperate Democrats, bereft of any legal basis for impeachment, have seized upon Trump’s displeasure at two years of presidential harassment as their new grounds for removing him from office.

Over the past two years, President Trump has voiced his displeasure at what he considered unfair attacks. According to the Mueller report, upon the appointment of the special counsel, Trump said that “this is the end of my presidency,” followed by an expletive.

The Mueller report then quoted Trump as saying: “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years, and I won’t be able to do anything.”

The president took to Twitter to assail the special counsel’s investigation as a “witch hunt.” He allegedly considered firing Robert Mueller.

According to Attorney General William Barr, President Trump didn’t obstruct justice. But neither did Trump take attacks on his presidency lying down.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, one of 20 Democrats seeking her party’s presidential nomination to replace Trump, tipped her party’s hand when asked recently to cite the grounds for impeachment.

It doesn’t matter whether President Trump committed a crime, Warren said.

“This isn’t even specifically about Donald Trump himself,” Warren said. Right – it’s about overturning the results of a presidential election that didn’t put Hillary Clinton in the Oval Office.

Now Democrats would like to impeach Trump for obstructing their repeated attempts to overthrow him.

As far as many Democrats are concerned, Trump’s real crime was winning the presidency in the first place.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
James Woods, I like the way thinks.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
James Woods, I like the way thinks.

Hell, if memory serves, Para wished Woods would adopt him! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Mike Huckabee: BREAKING NEWS: FISA Court Says FBI Lied to Them, Illegally Spied for more than four years BEFORE Trump's election

quote:
On Wednesday night’s Ingraham Angle, there was a magnificent discussion about the sham Trump investigation with Rudy Giuliani, Joe diGenova and former Whitewater independent counsel Robert Ray that absolutely must not be missed. And I say that not because I was subbing for Laura Ingraham at the time.

After being on defense — with his hands legally tied — for the first two years of his Presidency, President Trump is finally able to go on offense, as he can no longer be accused of “interfering with the Russia investigation.”

But something else is afoot as well. According to diGenova, and here is the tremendous breaking news: The FISA court has been looking into abuses of the FISA system and has communicated with the Justice Department about its findings. Their chief judge has already determined that for more than four years before the election of Donald Trump, there was an illegal spying operation (yes, spying — and, yes, illegal) going on by four FBI contractors to break the law to steal personal electronic information about American citizens and to use it against the Republican Party.

It might be good to go back and read that last sentence again, slowly, and let it sink in.

Bombshell Reports

The people heading up the Justice Department at that time — including Attorney General (AG) Sally Yates and Assistant AG John Carlin — apparently knew about it and lied to the FISA court. It seems that by the time they withheld the political origins of Christopher Steele’s Trump “dossier” to the court, it was already business as usual to deceive those judges, who no doubt have steam coming out of their ears.

There will be grand juries and indictments, according to diGenova, who knows how this works because he happens to have been one of the original lawyers on the FISA court. He said, “John Brennan isn’t going to need one lawyer — he’s going to need five.”

Help us champion truth, freedom, limited government and human dignity. Support The Stream »

So, if the Obama FBI was conducting these kinds of abuses all that time, we’ve got a serious violation of civil liberties on our hands. As I pointed out on the show, this revelation brings home what Jared Kushner was saying the other day about the investigation into Trump causing more damage than the Russians did.

Civil libertarians should be enraged. “I think the investigation is going to end up being very, very intense,” Giuliani said. He added, “I agree that Attorney General Barr is exactly the right guy to do it. He’s got a great sense of justice … What they did with this court is an outrage, and it’s got to be corrected because we all can be invaded like this.”

DiGenova said that in addition to Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report, which is expected out in May or early June, there’s another big one scheduled to drop in two weeks: the one just on James Comey. This one will be “a bombshell,” he said (and, unlike the hacks at CNN and MSNBC, he doesn’t throw that word around lightly). “It’s going to open up the investigation on a very high note, and there will be criminal referrals in it.”

Abusing the FISA Process

Keep in mind, the misuse of the FISA court is central to this entire governmental abuse of power. It can be weaponized to go after political enemies, as happened with Trump, and it can also be used to gather information on you and me. This investigation could lead far beyond the uncovering of political hanky-panky, although that is tremendously important. It could lead to an entire refiguring of the FISA process, maybe even an end to the FISA court.

A little more at the LINK

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 4/29/19

Description

INTERVIEW -- JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former US Attorney to the District of Columbia

Attorney General William Barr may not attend Mueller report hearing over disagreement with Democrats. A Democratic congressional aide says Attorney General William Barr objects to having to testify before the House Judiciary Committee this week in a closed session dedicated to the redacted portions of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russia's targeted meddling in the 2016 U.S. election. Barr is threatening to skip his planned appearance on Thursday according to the aide.
Joe thinks there's an interesting strategy behind SALLY YATES rollout on Sunday shows: MEET THE PRESS: Former U.S. Dep Attorney Gen Sally Yates says, "I've personally prosecuted obstruction (of justice) cases on far, far less evidence than this" @SallyQYates: "If he were not the president of the united states, he would likely be indicted on obstruction"
FBI KNEW STEELE WAS A QUESTIONABLE SOURCE: “There were meetings with Mr. McCabe about the Russia investigation that involved discussions of the various reports that were generated by Chris Steele that we had received, both with respect to the content of the reports as well as what we had learned about Christopher — we, I’m sorry — the FBI investigative team had learned about facts that might bear on his credibility as a source,” Anderson said in the Oct. 31, 2018 interview, a transcript of which was obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Joey D 4/29/19

Description

INTERVIEW -- JOE DIGENOVA...

I always appreciate you posting these Joe D. audios, Cliff.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I just read Barr’s five-page written statement (in link below) for today’s Senate review of the Mueller report. It’s so clear, well organized, and comprehensive.

Thank God (and President Trump) for AG William Barr.

https://mol.im/a/6979707

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post