SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From yesterday regarding Kirsten Gillibrand's exit from the Democrat shitshow. He also made some leftists cry when a couple of years ago, he tweeted that Gillibrand came begging for money from him years ago for her senate campaign. Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Finding new ways to use our massive crop output without depending on other countries demand or tariffs would be great, just like the increase in oil and gas production has stabilized that market and created income and wealth here, we could do the same with our crops and as was said export the hell out of it...

I don't care if my car runs on gas ass or grass, as long as it's a manual trans with USA production and has a gun rack... Big Grin

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
...they will fall for anything. Roll Eyes
Saw this on a church billboard when growing up, which pretty much sums up a lot..."If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything"
Aaron Tippin's first hit song was "Youve Got to Stand for Somthing or You'll Fall for Anything"! I loved it. He's the man!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Aaron Tippin's first hit song was "Youve Got to Stand for Somthing or You'll Fall for Anything"! I loved it. He's the man!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

John Mellencamp did it in 1985:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9sTTnigGgQ

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, guys. Let's move on, please.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, boss.
Won't happen again.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
41, I believe your video is pretty much the first, best and most informative I have ever seen here. I will need to watch it again. I do agree the VISA studants need to be removed from what is very critical to National Security. Safe passage home. I think Mr Bannons' thoughts of 72 hour warning might be a bit out in front. I think the dismantleing of those man made military islands might be something the President could negotiate or take down if not. I do indeed hope he keeps up pressure on China or we may well need to conflict on the sea with them. BTW, I've never heard of these two men but they seem extremely knowledgable on history and current events.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You are right about the information and what is going on. It should be shown on National TV so some people can understand what is happening in this county. Thank goodness President Trump is doing something about it.

Steve Brannon worked for President Trump in the beginning and I am sure they still touch base.

Kyle Bass in a hedge fund manager.

The real economical factor coming down the pike is the 5G system which will be trillions of dollars involved.

Read the book "The Energy Disruption Triangle" which discusses electric vehicles and solar power.

https://www.amazon.com/Energy-...43491&s=books&sr=1-1

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Utter insanity.

Former Canadian PM says she's 'rooting for a direct hit' of Hurricane Dorian on Mar-a-Lago

Does this person have any concept of the widespread devastation possible from a hurricane? Does she think hurricanes are tornadoes? Before Donald Trump was elected, did you ever see such psychotic statements by public figures? She's wishing for thousands of lives to be affected, so that a resort might be destroyed.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
What's in the water there? Must come from Quebec and flow left into the rest of Canada.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump can change history by declassifying three Obama-era documents
BY JOHN SOLOMON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 08/28/19 07:30 PM EDT

The Hill > https://thehill.com/opinion/wh...-obama-era-documents
============================================

Please do declassify these Mr. President.

Inquiring minds want to know......

"The first includes the national security assessments that the U.S. intelligence community conducted under President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton concerning the Russia nuclear giant Rosatom’s effort to acquire uranium business in the United States."

"A second body of documents crying out for declassification is Obama’s private correspondence with Iranian leaders — in particular, the Oct. 7, 2014, cable he penned to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, setting the terms for the controversial Washington-Tehran nuclear deal reached in early 2016."

"The final Obama-era tranche that requires declassification concerns Hillary Clinton’s email controversy — a highly classified set of documents that FBI agents identified as important and necessary in the investigation into whether she violated the law by transmitting classified emails on her unsecured private server.

As I wrote last week, the agents never got to review those documents in 2016 before then-FBI Director James Comey unilaterally decided not to seek criminal charges against Mrs. Clinton."

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
NATIONAL SECURITY - from The Epoch Times

Talk of Greenland Purchase a Deterrent to China and Russia, Defense Expert Says

BOWEN XIAO

Greenland’s basket of economic and strategic benefits, particularly when it comes to military advantage, isn’t going unnoticed, with the likes of China and Russia showing increasing interest in the sparsely inhabited island.

The implications of these two countries attempting to boost their influence over Greenland is concerning to the United States, a defense expert said. Aside from Greenland’s strategic value with regard to its geography and positioning, the island also has an abundance of minerals and oils.

President Donald Trump’s idea to potentially purchase the island isn’t as audacious as it sounds, Peter Huessy, a senior defense consultant and director of strategic deterrent studies at the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies, told The Epoch Times.

"There are also trading benefits. China sees Greenland as a possible source of rare earths and other minerals and a port for shipping through the Arctic to the eastern United States. It called in 2018 for joint development of a “Polar Silk Road,” as part of Beijing’s “One Belt, One Road” (OBOR, also known as Belt and Road) initiative to build railways, ports, and other facilities in dozens of countries.

“[China and Russia] hope to be like the Panama Canal, they want to be the gatekeeper for transiting the Arctic,” Huessy said. “That has big implications for trade and commerce and economic issues. They are doing the same thing in the South China Sea.”

Trump’s recent talk about purchasing the island is sending a signal to the two countries to quiet their plans for expansion in the Arctic, Huessy said. Denmark essentially owns Greenland, which has a population of just over 56,000.

Strategically, Greenland forms part of what the United States views as a key corridor for naval operations between the Arctic and the North Atlantic. It is also part of the broader Arctic region and is considered strategically important because of its proximity to the United States and economically vital for its natural resources."

"Previously, Trump said he was interested in Greenland “strategically,” but its purchase is “not No. 1 on the burner.”

Russia has been raising its profile in the Arctic, creating or reopening six military bases shut after the Cold War ended in 1990, modernizing its Northern Fleet, including 21 new vessels and two nuclear submarines, and staging frequent naval exercises in the Arctic.

In May, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Russia was behaving aggressively in the Arctic, and China’s actions there had to be watched closely, as well.

The United States maintains an airbase in Thule in Greenland’s northwest under a 1951 treaty with Denmark. Washington wants a greater military presence in Greenland to better defend the base and enhance surveillance of the waters between the island and the European continent.

Greenland is thought to have the largest deposits outside China of rare earth minerals, which are used to make batteries and cellphones. Such minerals were deemed critical to economic and national security by the U.S. Interior Department in 2018.

In 2018, then-U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis successfully pressured Denmark not to let China bankroll three commercial airports on Greenland, over fears they could give Beijing a military foothold near Canada, The Wall Street Journal reported. The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

There are barriers to foreign investment and ownership; buying the territory would eliminate these barriers.

Peter Huessy, senior defense consultant

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Biden reflects the Democrat existentialism of his fellows running for president.

It doesn't matter if the facts are true if its a good story.

Biden in defending his dramatic false story of giving a medal said, the "essence" is true so what's the problem?

He only got the military branch, location, name, rank, medal awarded and etc. wrong. LINK

But Biden seems to think that the facts don't matter as long as he's channeling Garrison Keillor.

Facts are dispensable to many leftist yarns; manmade climate change, Russian Control of the President, and so many Democrat policy pursuits are based on a wisp of nothing.

I've often said that the biggest wing of Obama's Presidential Library should be devoted to the "straw man." Maybe the truth-mooring broke with him.

Story-telling has been creeping in to replace truth discussions and now Biden and others are saying facts don't matter at all.

What's the problem with not having the facts, the "essence" of my story spun with dramatic inflection is enough, says Biden.

Story, narrative, my truth all mark the existentialist trend afoot among Democrat office seekers.

I doubt there are enough rank and file voters willing to buy that vapid appeal.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I guess she had a leak.

quote:
A personal assistant to President Trump who had been with the administration since Trump took office, Madeleine Westerhout, abruptly resigned Thursday, reportedly after it was determined she shared private information about the president with reporters.

Westerhout allegedly shared intimate details about the president's family and life during an off-the-record dinner with reporters near Bedminster, N.J., where Trump was on vacation. Her desk sat outside the Oval Office and she was often seen alongside Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-resigns-white-house

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cwXifDaCjE

Kyle Bass sits down with infamous Chinese businessman Guo Wengui, also known as known as “Miles Kwok,” to hear a series of shocking accusations and predictions revolving around the Chinese Government. Kwok provides his perception of the backstory behind several recent high-profile news items, and touches on the Chinese Government’s management of the economy. He also unfurls an alarming forecast about Alibaba co-founder Jack Ma. Filmed on October 5, 2018 at an undisclosed location.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe’s mantra. “We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden, August 8th, IOWA State Fair.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
DEFENSE

Trump Launches Space Command, Vows American Dominance

PETR SVAB - THE EPOCH TIMES

President Donald Trump officially opened the U.S. Space Command, a precursor to the new branch of the military, the Space Force, that Trump announced last year.

“SpaceCom will ensure that American dominance in space is never questioned and never threatened,” Trump said on the White House lawn on Aug. 29.

The new unified combatant command will be headed by Air Force Gen. John Raymond, currently the head of Air Force Space Command, a branch of the Air Force responsible for the military’s space operations.

Trump called the setting-up of Space Command a “landmark day” that recognizes the “centrality of space to American national security and defense.”

“Our adversaries are weaponizing earth’s orbits with new technology targeting American satellites that are critical to both battlefield operations and our way of life at home,” he said. It will be the aim of the command then to “boldly deter aggression and outpace America’s rivals by far.”

The system of combatant commands dates to 1946 and serves to control forces from multiple military branches in each command’s area of responsibility. The Space Command is the 11th one, and the second established by Trump, after the launch of Cyber Command on May 4 last year.

Space Force

Trump announced on June 18, 2018, that Pentagon space operations will be separated into a new military branch, the U.S. Space Force.

The U.S. Space Command will be responsible for building up the new branch.

Trump ordered the creation of the Space Force to strengthen the military’s focus on space operations, which include launching satellites, providing communications, intelligence, missile warning, and navigation services, as well as counterspace operations.

The counterspace operations have especially grown in importance in recent years, as China and Russia have been working to extend their military capabilities into space.

Missiles and Lasers

“Chinese and Russian military doctrines indicate that they view space as important to modern warfare and view counterspace capabilities as a means to reduce U.S. and allied military effectiveness,” the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) said in a 2019 report.

Both China and Russia reorganized their militaries in 2015 to focus more on space operations.

They have developed “robust and capable space services, including spacebased intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance” that allow them to “monitor, track, and target U.S. and allied forces,” the report says.

They have built surveillance networks “capable of searching, tracking, and characterizing satellites in all earth orbits.”

They’ve also been developing the means of disabling or destroying satellites, including by hacking, jamming, blinding them with lasers or microwaves, dragging, shooting, or ramming them with other satellites, as well as shooting them down with ground-based missiles.

Many modern military capabilities are enabled or aided by satellites, including missile targeting, communication, tracking troop movements, and detecting ballistic missile launches.

Attacking satellites can also be used to cripple civilian services such as GPS, TV broadcasts, data transfers, and even credit card transactions and ATM withdrawals.

The Air Force has blamed China for stealing U.S. space technology, saying it allowed China to develop its own systems. One such system mirrors the American GPS with a net of global positioning satellites called BeiDou, which can be used for conventional strike weapons targeting.

The U.S.-China Economic Review Commission warned in 2017 that the completion of China’s 35-satellite BeiDou network by 2020 would allow it to strike targets with “position accuracies of under 10 meters.”

Arming Space

The 1967 Outer Space Treaty bans weapons of mass destruction and, specifically, nuclear weapons from space. It doesn’t address, however, placing conventional weapons in space.

“While China and Russia are developing counterspace weapons systems, they are promoting agreements at the United Nations that limit weaponization of space,” the DIA report says. “Their proposals do not address many space warfare capabilities, and they lack verification mechanisms, which provides room for China and Russia to continue to develop counterspace weapons.”

Crowded Space

The earth’s orbits are becoming increasingly crowded real estate. They’re traversed by at least 666 intelligence satellites, 790 communication satellites, 129 navigation satellites, and 303 scientific satellites, William Roper, the assistant Air Force secretary for acquisition, technology and logistics, said in a March 20 speech. The U.S. accounts for nearly half of those satellites.

The space economy has grown to about $350 billion, he said.

Price Tag

The Air Force requested $14 billion for space projects in fiscal 2020, up 17 percent from the year earlier, “to develop new defendable space capabilities,” Roper said. Of that, $72 million is for setting up a Space Force headquarters

with an initial staff of 160, National Defense reported.

Overall, the Pentagon requested $2 billion over five years for the Space Force, expecting personnel of 15,000, five senior Pentagon officials told Military. com.

The Space Command will start with a staff of about 600 and draw its resources from U.S. Strategic Command, which currently handles space operations, Space News reported.

“With today’s action, we open another great chapter in the extraordinary history of the United States military.” Trump said. “SpaceCom will ensure that America’s dominance in space is never questioned and never threatened, because we know the best way to prevent conflict is to prepare for victory.”

Our adversaries are weaponizing earth’s orbits with new technology targeting

American satellites that are critical to both battlefield operations and our way of life at home.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Hey, ya gotta put all that corn somewhere. Razz
I have heard rumors that you can make some sort of liquor from corn.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Awesome, tweeting as a art form...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
DEFENSE

Trump Launches Space Command, Vows American Dominance

PETR SVAB - THE EPOCH TIMES

President Donald Trump officially opened the U.S. Space Command, a precursor to the new branch of the military, the Space Force, that Trump announced last year.

“SpaceCom will ensure that American dominance in space is never questioned and never threatened,” Trump said on the White House lawn ... .

I would like to know more.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post