SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
God bless President Trump.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Anyone here write/email the WH/President with words of support and encouragement?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Anyone here write/email the WH/President with words of support and encouragement?

I have in the past, and I will very shortly. Am also going to contribute to his campaign. He is the only politician I have ever contributed to. Been voting Republican since Bush 1 got my first ever vote.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I believe that President Trump has been our savior of the 2nd amendment. Para spelled it out nicely, he saved us from President Hillary ( it makes me throw up a bit in my mouth just typing those words). Also, how many Presidents have given a speech at an NRA convention, and how many Presidents have in a speech to the UN told the UN to take their idea of world gun control and stick it where the sun don't shine? I know Trump doesn't talk about the 2nd every day like we do, but come on guys, he has other things to think about.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, send a “thank you/drive on” note every couple of weeks. Don’t know if he really sees them but obviously someone reads them (maybe computer) because I always get a response.

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Whenever I hear people wringing their hands about minor stuff our President says, I have to think that they aren’t paying attention or they were never on his side to begin with.

Want to turn the left against gun control/gun confiscation? Have Trump support it for 11 seconds.

Each time he mentions anything about “working” with them on any issue, he is trolling them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Wherever Joe Biden went, son Hunter cashed in
By David Harsanyi

September 26, 2019 | 9:21pm | Updated

In a now notorious July 25 conversation, President Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to “look into” Ukraine’s role in efforts to interfere in the 2016 election as well as the dealings of Joe ­Biden and his son Hunter with the notoriously corrupt country.

Whether or not Trump’s ham-fisted conversation with Zelensky rises to an impeachable offense, the American people have legitimate reasons to be curious about both issues — and especially the Biden family’s blatant conflicts of interest abroad as Joe Biden seeks the presidency.

Biden has been leading the Democratic field. The central case for his candidacy rests on the supposedly exemplary work he did as a senior member of Team Obama. Well, in 2016, acting as the Obama administration’s point man in Ukraine, the vice president — unlike Trump — openly threatened to withhold $1 billion in American loan guarantees if the embattled nation didn’t fire the country’s top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin.

As Biden later bragged, “I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a bitch. He got fired.’ ”

Most of the media assure us that, though by the Democrats’ new standards this kind of ­intimidation constitutes a flagrant abuse of power, Biden’s reasons for threatening Ukraine were chaste.

But simply repeating this talking point doesn’t make it true. Granted, Shokin was a shady character. Yet at some point he had been investigating Burisma, the largest gas company in Ukraine, which also happened to be paying Hunter Biden a $50,000 monthly salary as a board member.

By coincidence, Hunter had landed this cushy gig in a foreign country only a few months after the Obama ­administration began dispatching his father, Joe, to the very same foreign country on a regular basis.

There was, of course, absolutely nothing in Hunter’s résumé to indicate that he would be a valuable addition to foreign energy interest. He didn’t speak the language, and he had no particular expertise in the energy industry. Oh, he did have one thing, though: his last name.

I suppose, that isn’t entirely fair. Hunter once ran a hedge fund with his dad’s brother, James Biden, and associated with a notorious Ponzi schemer. James would go on to snag a job as executive vice president of a construction company in 2010, despite having virtually no experience in the field. And only a few months into his tenure, the company would win one of its biggest contracts in its history, a $1.5 billion deal to build affordable homes in Iraq.

By pure happenstance, Joe was also the Obama administration’s point man in Iraq at the time. Funny how these things work out.

Liberal reporters, who are framing Trump’s conversation with Zelensky as the most perilous threat in the ­republic’s history, have shown little curiosity about Biden’s dealings with the Ukrainian government. Many media personalities, in fact, have rallied to ­Biden’s defense, calling any intimation of wrongdoing a smear.

NBC’s Chuck Todd dismissed any Biden talk as a mere distraction. CNN called questions into the former vice president’s actions “baseless.” Other liberals now argue that the Biden firing of Shokin actually worked against the interests of Hunter.

We have no way of knowing if this is true, either. According to The New York Times, Hunter’s work for Burisma had “prompted concerns” among Obama administration State Department officials, because it undermined diplomacy in Ukraine. Was Biden really the only person available to pressure Ukrainian officials while his son was raking in the cash? Does anyone really believe Biden’s claims that he never once spoke to his 49-year-old son about business in the two years they spent working in the same country?

Now, perhaps Hunter didn’t break any Ukrainian laws. That doesn’t mean a proper investigation couldn’t turn up unethical or dishonest behavior. What we already know is that the Biden family business reeks of cronyism.

When these allegations were recently brought up to Biden by Fox News, an indignant former vice president pointed his finger at the reporter and demanded he “ask the right questions!” After being insulated in the Obama administration for so many years, it isn’t surprising that Biden feels betrayed by any scrutiny. But despite the gaslighting of his allies, Biden’s role in the Ukrainian affair is a completely legitimate line of inquiry.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/26/...on-hunter-cashed-in/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My wife was never really “for” Trump but she’s definitely not against him after seeing the effect of his economic policies on her retirement account. She sent me a screenshot yesterday of the total and the rate of growth over the last two years. My only response: Holy. Shit.

May Trump’s reign of terror on the left continue for another term!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Biden's Family...some mental problems...no big deal? Big Grin

In 2017, Joe Biden’s niece, Caroline Biden, stole $100,000 through
a credit card scam, aka, GRAND LARCENY, was able to cut a deal with
DEMOCRAT NY prosecutors and got off scott free without jail time or
probation. This was her second arrest. She was able to deal her way
out of that one too. She has also been to rehab numerous times.

https://nypost.com/2017/06/09/...0k-credit-card-scam/
[1]

Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was kicked out of the Navy for failing a
cocaine drug test. More: HOW DID HE EVER GET A Naval Officers direct
COMMISSION? Daddy fixed it!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...navy-cocaine-n227811
[2]

Then he divorced his wife, mother of his three daughters, after a
year long affair, to marry his brother’s widow. WHO DOES THAT?

Over the course of the divorce, Hunter drained hundreds of thousands
of dollars from the couple's assets by "spending extravagantly on his
own interests (including drugs, alcohol, prostitutes, strip clubs and
gifts for women with whom he has sexual relations), while leaving the
family with no funds to pay legitimate bills. It actually was worse
than that, all outlined here:

https://www.delawareonline.com...iles-divorce-hunte...
[3]

And this is all on top of the BILLIONS his father dubiously arranged
for him from communist China and Ukraine.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/...n-by-kerry-and-bid...
[4]

Biden ’s daughter with Jill, Ashley Biden Krein, has been arrested
several times for drug charges. While he was Veep, she was videoed
snorting cocaine but the news media decided to not to publish the
video. She hid out in the Veep Delaware home for a week or so until
things calmed down.

https://nypost.com/2009/03/30/...-ashley-bidens-past/ [5]

Okay…..all God’s children got problems…but damnation, what if
these things had happened to the Trump children???? The Trump kids are
truly beyond reproach. Biden has a passel of miscreants. But the
Republicans are not interested in subpoenaing all of the Biden
children bank and credit card accounts, are they? Why haven't we heard
any of this from the networks, or read it in the "great" national
newspapers?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Done, an excellent idea! And I also contacted my Representative and Senators to let them know I do not support impeachment.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Scaramucci... what a twit! Roll Eyes

Trump a 'felon acting lawlessly,' won't be Republican 2020 nominee: Anthony Scaramucci

As Donald Trump faces an impeachment inquiry, onetime aide Anthony Scaramucci is keeping up his barrage against the president, saying the soon-to-be-released whistleblower complaint will uncover “rank criminality.”

“You’ve got a felon acting lawlessly as the chief executive of the United States,” Scaramucci told Yahoo Finance’s On the Move.

The founder of Skybridge Capital and, famously, White House Communications Director for 11 days, recently changed his tune on his former boss and has been calling for a different Republican nominee for president. Trump’s call with Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which Trump asked the leader to “do us a favor” and investigate the son of former Vice President Joe Biden has given Scaramucci new ammunition.

Anthony Scaramucci, former White House communications director, during a press briefing at the White House, Friday, July 21, 2017, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

“I do believe in the next one to three months, the Republicans are going to throw in the towel, they really don’t have a choice,” he said. “If they want to win the presidential election, they can’t win it with Donald Trump.”

Scaramucci repeated his prediction that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will offer some sort of deal to the president to stand down and not run for re-election. “You’ve gotta get a group of Republicans that were running in 2024 to run in 2020 in a fair primary process and one of those people will emerge and compete against whoever the Democratic candidate is,” Scaramucci said.

Among Republicans in Congress, none have echoed Scaramucci’s concerns, although Utah Senator (and former presidential candidate) Mitt Romney said he found the transcript of the Trump-Zelensky call to be “deeply troubling.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...ly_mail&uh_test=1_02

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's beginning to occur to me that Joe Biden is the most corrupt US politician alive today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump a 'felon acting lawlessly,' won't be Republican 2020 nominee: Anthony Scaramucci

EXTRA EXTRA! BREAKING! Person fired by President Trump has ax to grind.

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's beginning to occur to me that Joe Biden is the most corrupt US politician alive today.

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty more just like him or aspiring to be like him.

Look at all the rags to riches stories of Dem politicians....Reid, Pelosi, Obama, the Clintons and I know there are many more I've missed or don't know about.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Trump is ranting (rightfully so) about the Dems gridlocking because of the Ukraine Witch Hunt but says they can't talk about "Gun Regulation" among other stuff. Eek
Seems that might be a blessing out of all of this...as we don't need or want any of that anyway. Smile
It seems clear to me what he's doing when he says that there's no time to talk about gun regulation. He's also said that the Dem nonsense has put the USMC trade agreement on hold.

Have you not heard him say several times lately- including in his address to the United Nations- that "the United States will always uphold our right to keep and bear arms. We will always uphold our Second Amendment."? That's directly from his speech two days ago at the UN.

When he says "there's no time to talk about gun regulation", he's talking to the Dems in the House of Representatives, and not to gunowners of America. He's saying to them "You are defeating your own interests". He doesn't actually mean "gun regulation." You think Donald Trump is going to take your AR15? You think he's going to ban it? Donald Trump is so fed up with these commie assholes, they'll be lucky to get even strengthened background checks.

No, I am not worried he will do something stupid.
Just hopeful the whole thing drops off the radar.
I know what he meant in all of this and agree with you.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the thing that amazes me- some people who voted for Donald Trump get up every morning and fail to recognize how horrible- truly horrible- conditions would be in this country without him. He saved our asses. You'd better believe he did, and it goes far, far beyond your firearms.God smiled on this nation in November, 2016. Don't forget it. Count your blessings.

Thanks, Para for putting this in perspective!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trump really going after that smug asshole Adam Shit today and bravo for not letting this go, Mr. President. It's clear this toad is trying to pull a Palin-SNL style move on you to make dumb people *think* you said something you never did:

From Twitter:

quote:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· 1h
Rep. Adam Schiff fraudulently read to Congress, with millions of people watching, a version of my conversation with the President of Ukraine that doesn’t exist. He was supposedly reading the exact transcribed version of the call, but he completely changed the words to make it...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
...sound horrible, and me sound guilty. HE WAS DESPERATE AND HE GOT CAUGHT. Adam Schiff therefore lied to Congress and attempted to defraud the American Public. He has been doing this for two years. I am calling for him to immediately resign from Congress based on this fraud!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Rep. Adam Schiff totally made up my conversation with Ukraine President and read it to Congress and Millions. He must resign and be investigated. He has been doing this for two years. He is a sick man!

9:29 AM - Sep 27, 2019

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump demands Schiff resign over account of Ukraine call
BY MORGAN CHALFANT - 09/27/19 08:23 AM EDT

The Hill > https://thehill.com/homenews/a...resign?userid=392361
==============================
"
President Trump on Friday demanded House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) “immediately” resign from Congress for reading what the congressman described as a parody of the president’s phone call with Ukraine’s leader that is at the center of a whistleblower complaint.

In a series of tweets early Friday, Trump accused Schiff of lying to Congress and “fraudulently” reciting a version of the call that made it “sound horrible” and made the president appear “guilty.”

“He was supposedly reading the exact transcribed version of the call, but he completely changed the words to make it sound horrible, and me sound guilty,” Trump tweeted.

“HE WAS DESPERATE AND HE GOT CAUGHT. Adam Schiff therefore lied to Congress and attempted to defraud the American Public. He has been doing this for two years. I am calling for him to immediately resign from Congress based on this fraud!”

Rep. Adam Schiff fraudulently read to Congress, with millions of people watching, a version of my conversation with the President of Ukraine that doesn’t exist. He was supposedly reading the exact transcribed version of the call, but he completely changed the words" ........

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
quote:

Done, an excellent idea! And I also contacted my Representative and Senators to let them know I do not support impeachment.

Just did it as well, see link

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post