SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topherh:
Given 5 more years of nominations the conservative federal judges will likely be the greatest longest lasting achievement of Trump's Presidency.

It’s why I voted for him in 2016. I’m voting for him in 2020 because he’s exceeded all of my expectations of making America greater!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Dear lord, it was like clubbing baby seals. He crushed them.

You realize of course, that in the distorted reality in which the Left inhabits, it was the other way around.
I don’t worry about what the idiot leftists think.

You should. "Know thine enemy."

Knowing and Worrying are 2 very different things.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
So why don't the REP's just hold their own "public" testimony/hearings?? Beat them sunsabitches at their own games...
Why don't all the Repub's band together and completely boycott all participation in this BS. No committee interviews, no Repub members showing up for impeachment hearings, nothing. Total and complete blackout of the process. Let the Dem's own it lock-stock-and barrel. See if they can sustain it with zero Repub participation.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Listen to Alan Dershowitz's remark in this clip. Y'know, Dershowitz is not a conservative. He's a lefty, but he's one of the few leftists who has not lost their mind over Trump. I don't think CNN will even have him on air anymore, because he tries to be objective.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I saw that on tonight's show. I would not say that Alan Dershowitz is a "Lefty", but he is a strong Liberal (although more like what Liberals used to be some years back). However, he is a strict believer in the Rule of Law and that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Even when he does not like a law he is a strong defender that it must be enforced. (His view is that if the law is flawed, it must be changed, not disobeyed.)

I don't always (or even often) agree with his stance on situations, but I do respect his absolute adherence to the law, and that everyone is subject to it, D or R. He is a man of principle, and there are not enough of those around.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there another copy of the Alan Dershowitz video out there?

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
New video up now

In order for the truth of the travesty of the unlawful behavior of the left to be widely acknowledged and become accepted truth, much time will have to pass- a generation, perhaps more.
The people responsible for these shameful acts will never admit what they have done. It will be necessary for this generation to pass from public service and perhaps pass from this existence before a new generation, detached from the blind emotion of these leftist fools in 2019, to be able to see the truth.

There's a fancy latin phrase used by lawyers- res ipsa loquitur. It means "the thing speaks for itself". Exclusive of opinion and testimony, the facts of a matter reveal the truth. These facts are layed out before us now, but in order for the truth of what is happening to be known, these things will have to be viewed through the prism of history.

The next generation of Americans, or perhaps even the generation after them, will have at their disposal all the details of this dark time in this nation's history, and even though mom and dad or grandma and grandpa will be remembering the glory of their "resistance", later generations will be able to say "No, that's not what really happened. What really happened is that you tried to overthrow a duly-elected President of the United States, and you should be ashamed of yourselves, and those in government responsible for these unlawful, unconstitutional acts should have been prosecuted for sedition." And even though the parents or grandparents will vehemently deny that they did anything wrong, the fact of the matter will speak for itself.

I won't be around to see it, but history will acquit President Trump and his supporters, and history will indict the lawless conspirators. Donald Trump shall be vindicated, and so shall we, his supporters.

In between now and then, we may have to fight a civil war to restore the Constitution and the rule of law, and if such a war must occur, it will be on the head of every leftist and every deep state bureaucrat who spit on this nation and its Constitution.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'm not a lawyer, so maybe this is a naive question, but: aren't there laws against saying, outright, that you are staging a coup to remove from office a duly elected president?

If not, what does "sedition" mean?

I understand your point, Para, that the wild emotionality of these times throws everything into confusion, but if the laws clearly exist, why can't those who do see what is going on take action on the basis of those laws? Isn't that why law exists? To cut through irrationality and protect the principles of our nation's founding?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I'm not a lawyer, so maybe this is a naive question, but: aren't there laws against saying, outright, that you are staging a coup to remove from office a duly elected president?

If not, what does "sedition" mean?

I understand your point, Para, that the wild emotionality of these times throws everything into confusion, but if the laws clearly exist, why can't those who do see what is going on take action on the basis of those laws? Isn't that why law exists? To cut through irrationality and protect the principles of our nation's founding?

I am just as frustrated as you are Joe- but I think the 1st amendment would cover that. Maybe there are specific laws that would apply, such as Rico and other things, but on its face, a straight up call for a coup is probably protected speech. it is when it is part of the formation of a conspiracy that it loses the shield.

Threatening someone under Secret Service protection is not truly free speech if I understand it all correctly.

I am tired of feeling like my cat with a laser pointer with regards to all the details of the crap coming out. I truly believe this to be the worst thing in our country's political history.

I hope when things are finally presented, that there is the stomach to take it to criminal proceedings, convictions and jail time.

Seeing what is starting to turn with Eric Ciaramella gives me lots of hope.

I have donated to our President Trump. Will do so again when I can afford to.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I wish I had the same faith in future generations that Para has. A part of me really hopes I have many, many years ahead of me because I want to see what the future holds on many fronts but in some ways the future scares the hell out of me. For the time being I'll be happy with corruption exposed and four more years of President Trump.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Rome. 5th Century AD. It was fun while it lasted.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Imagine that if in 1942, the majority of Americans had the same defeatist attitude as some of you.

You're right, guys. Be cynical. Be depressed. What's the use? All is lost.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Rome. 5th Century AD. It was fun while it lasted.

Yep. And things have been complete and utter shit ever since. Razz

Posts: 17058 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Para- I have hope and plenty of it. My patience is wearing thin, but I do have hope. This situation with the president has opened my eyes so far I think my eyelids are on top of my head.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hear from one of our lawyers here about whether there are specific, clear laws against initiating a coup (not merely calling for one) to remove from office a duly elected president. I find it hard to believe that there are NOT such laws. In other words, that a group could initiate a coup-- and publicly admit to it-- yet remain within the protection of the law. Is that possible?

And, DJ Boston: "I truly believe this to be the worst thing in our country's political history."

I would say that domestically it is the worst thing since the Civil War-- which was immeasurably worse than what we are dealing with now.

But I have been wondering this: We all know that the coup begins with Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, at the top. I wonder whether those who know the full scale of it all are sort of paralysed by the magnitude of what they would trigger if-- just imagine it-- Obama were hauled off to prison. And once they begin applying the law to the whole crew of traitors, how could they exempt any, especially those at the top?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I don't know why the whistle blower is being afforded protection. The transcript disproved what he supposedly alleged so he's just a liar, not a whistle blower.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I don't know why the whistle blower is being afforded protection. The transcript disproved what he supposedly alleged so he's just a liar, not a whistle blower.

He's not even close to a legit whistleblower. Especially since we now know he colluded with Schiff before even submitting his complaint. And we also know he's a long time dem ball fondler.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder whether those who know the full scale of it all are sort of paralysed by the magnitude of what they would trigger if-- just imagine it-- Obama were hauled off to prison. And once they begin applying the law to the whole crew of traitors, how could they exempt any, especially those at the top?

You’re right, hauling Zippy the Wonder Putz off to prison would cause a lot of craziness. Perhaps hanging would be a better punishment.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
it is when it is part of the formation of a conspiracy that it loses the shield.

we are yet to actually see the official NON leftist GDC response to this clown car kabuki gestapo operetta. They think it is done in 1 Act.

The Second Act is coming soon.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Watching the Dems put their asshattery into overdrive gives me hope that the DOJ is really about to drop a huge hammer on the fascists.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post