SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
If Mueller KNEW that there was no collusion or obstruction very shortly after assuming his role, why did it go on for 2 years?

$$$$$

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
But.... Congress is above the law? the FBI? The Media?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This article is full bore MSM slant, but it has this nugget:

<Barr, who is currently in Alaska for work and was briefed ahead of time on Mueller’s statement, has said he asked Mueller if he would have recommended charging Trump “but for” the legal opinion from the Office of Legal Counsel, and that Mueller said “no.”>

https://apnews.com/94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, as mentioned already, either Barr or Mueller is lying. Only one so far as been willing to go under oath...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The public is tired of all this, polls reflect such.

It's great Democrats want to go down the impeachment road... it's political suicide for them.
Perfect.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It's great Democrats want to go down the impeachment road... it's political suicide for them.
Perfect.

I agree it's suicide, if they go through with it. But, they won't. Instead, it will be continued accusations, investigations, subpoenas, and testifying and hearings right up until the election trying to keep Trump off balance and from totally concentrating on the re-election campaign. Either way, they are in another shock of their lives, when he's re-elected. Cool

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The public is tired of all this, polls reflect such.

Perfect.

While all the Dem 2020 contenders piled on today with calls for impeachment, these two were conspicuously silent about it. They KNOW damn well it's suicide for the Democrats:

Pelosi, Schumer Refuse To Endorse Impeachment After Mueller Statement

Posts: 33793 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That said though, endless calls for impeachment and resulting House investigations of Trump are essentially the same thing in the public's eyes.

They are tired of that too.

It still political suicide for democrats, especially while they do nothing else.
America notices.
Trump will be re elected.

Make no mistake, Trump wants these impeachment proceedings and Mueller played right along with this.

I read somewhere that the Deep State is in a panic.
Panic = Patriots are now in control.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/ThePe...sts/486043122135173/

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Is there really a conflict between what Mueller said today and what Barr said previously ?

AG Barr :

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...committee&start=2046

jump to 33' 45" in the video

Barr says that 3 times Mueller stated that he emphatically was not saying that "but for the OLC opinion", he would have found obstruction.

Mueller said that in the future the facts of the case against the president might be such that the SC would recommend abandoning the OLC opinion, but this is not such a case.

Today Mueller said because of the OLC, they decided not to make a binary decision to initiate or decline a prosecution. (same as he wrote in the report)

Mueller is playing word games. He never says that the President obstructed justice. He lays out 11 items that he paints as possible obstruction, and hands them to the DEMs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mueller is a political hack and is trying to hurt the President.

And I agree his speech today was geared to do such harm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Ben Shapiro
‏Verified account @benshapiro
2h2 hours ago

"If we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime, we would have said so." That is not the standard of a prosecutor. Prosecutors exist to determine whether someone committed a chargeable offense, not whether they are exonerated of charges.

It is easy to use the word soup to support many theories but Shapiro and others have centered on the fact that prosecutors have a black/white role.

The word "exonerate" is a strange phrase to the whole process. The role is "charge or don't charge."

It's hard to see why Mueller could not have said, "we can't decide if a crime was committed.; therefore, we can't make that allegation."

Instead, he appears to be intentionally fanning a flame.

Frankly, I thought if Mueller testified that the Republicans would have shown Muller's bias and desire to strike out at the president.

Bias or a desire to rewrite what he thinks a prosecutor should do politically is what Mueller's actions add up to.

Mueller did not make the decision he was responsible to make; instead, he appears to have made a political narrative.

Mueller seemed to want a political job rather than one as a prosecutor. He failed at both.

To me, Mueller longed for the old days when the prosecutor treated Congress like a client to investigate for them. That statute changed and Mueller was to provide a confidential report to the Attorney General.

Mueller tried to shoehorn his work into the old role because he knew the report would be made public.

It seems that when Congress rewrote the statute to avoid the problem of non cross-examined recommendations to Congress, they created a system that is equally unworkable.

The stakes are so high that mere people can't stick to their roles.

The self-righteousness we see in Saint Comey, Nadler, Schiff, and etc. DEMANDS that leaks, violation of statutes and etc. justify nearly anything.

It seems Mueller can't control himself within the law as it exists because it's in his view, just too important.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Mueller's Push to Impeach Trump Countered With Corsi Lawsuit and Our Citizens Grand Juries.

===============================================
From Freedom Watch

>>> https://www.freedomwatchusa.or...d-with-corsi-lawsuit
===========================================
(Washington, D.C., May 29, 2019). Today, Special Counsel Robert Mueller, with a cleverly calculated appearance at the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), predictably laid the foundation for House Democrats to issue articles of impeachment and then impeach the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump.

In an incredibly slimy performance, Mueller, obviously with the complicity of his equally corrupt leftist pro-Clinton-Obama prosecutorial staff, goaded the Democrats to impeach Trump by strongly suggesting that the reason the president was not indicted for obstruction of justice was due to DOJ policy that a sitting president should not be indicted while in office.

In so doing, Mueller contradicted the sworn testimony of Attorney General William Barr, who had testified to Congress, based on prior admissions by Mueller, that his refusal to indict the president was not because of DOJ policy.

Klayman, a former DOJ prosecutor and founder of both Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch, reacted to this despicably dishonest performance by Mueller:

"Tigers do not change their stripes. Plain and simple, Special Counsel Mueller is an unethical establishment Republican hack, who along with many in the Republican Party, not to mention the rabid Democrats in Congress, want to see the President, his family and White House staff 'dead and buried' and banished from the nation's capital, aka the swamp. The president, from day one, has been seen as a threat to their money and power structure.

"By not pushing back against Mueller earlier at the advice of his inert legal counsel, the president sowed the seeds for his now certain impeachment. To the contrary, it is my client, Dr. Jerome Corsi who has pushed back and taken Mueller on directly, with a hardhitting lawsuit which seeks to punish the Special Counsel personally.

"On behalf of Dr. Corsi, Freedom Watch and I will do all we can through this and other hard hitting legal actions, including our Citizens Grand Juries, which will commence on June 11, 2019, to ironically provide a legal vehicle for We the People to now indict Mueller and his corrupt staff, and attempt to save the presidency of Donald Trump.

"Unlike Tom Fitton, a non-lawyer, of my former group, Judicial Watch, I will not get down on my knees and nor will my clients and effectively 'beg' our compromised government to do the job that We the People must now do on our own if we are to preserve the vision of our Founding Fathers and prevent an impending leftist coup and takeover of the republic.

"See the Corsi complaint against Mueller (along with a column explaining it) which is embedded below and go to www.freedomwatchusa.org's home page and read about our Citizens Grand Juries, which we urge you to support financially and otherwise.

"Time is short to save the presidency of Donald J. Trump!"

For more information contact daj142182@gmail.com or (424) 274 2579.

See also:

View complaint against Robert Mueller on behalf of Jerome Corsi

Corsi and I will hold Mueller accountable! - Larry Klayman

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is a political shit show, orchestrated from day one, nothing more.

Pelosi is going to call for impeachment, but she'll do it close enough to the election when it does the most political damage to the GOP. If they win it goes away, if Trump wins again it will be a coup attempt.

The national media is setting it up with methodical reporting.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This is a political shit show, orchestrated from day one, nothing more.

Which is EXACTLY what they want. We are going on a DECADE of partisan politics destroying the nation. No one in DC gives a rats ass about the people they represent. Power. It's what they crave, and it's what they WILL NOT GIVE UP, elections be dammed.

Everyone knows Trump will never be removed by the senate. But they don't care. The longer they can create caos the better chance they have of gaining more control so they can "save the country". The "just us" system is completely corrupted and will never hold anyone accountable.

If the senate had an balls they would supoena Mueller and force him to answer questions under oath, in public, to expose his corruption.

But they won't.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
Mueller's Push to Impeach Trump Countered With Corsi Lawsuit and Our Citizens Grand Juries.

===============================================
From Freedom Watch

>>> https://www.freedomwatchusa.or...d-with-corsi-lawsuit
===========================================

It's hard to see how the Freedom Watch petition to fire William Barr and replace Mueller with Freedom Watch's Larry Klayman as a new Special Counsel will settle reactionary actions or get to the truth.

Isn't Barr navigating the waters of Lake Effluent just fine?

To do the work is to get wet with chunks.

As far as saving "the presidency of Donald Trump," do they really think the Senate will convict?

Seems like drama queen stuff. They've done good work on so many issues but some of their current actions seem like over-the-top fundraising efforts.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems like drama queen stuff. They've done good work on so many issues but some of their current actions seem like over-the-top fundraising efforts.

Based only on the post that Highzonie posted, I would have to agree. I think Judicial Watch has done an outstanding job, and this sounds like sour grapes at best.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn't Barr navigating the waters of Lake Effluent just fine?

I would say the only mistake Barr has made so far is trusting Mueller to do follow the law. Mueller used his friendship with Barr to completely turn the American form of justice on it's head, not to mention basically calling Barr a liar.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'm tired of watching this entire parade of bullshit from both sides. I don't want to hear anymore talking heads like Sean Hannity "warning" Comey and others to take his advice and invoke their right to remain silent. He has no business warning anybody about anything. He's a talking head with absolutely ZERO power to do anything to anybody.

Digenova and Sundance who somehow have all the indisputable evidence on all the dirty little bastards. I'll even throw some on Trump. How long has he been promising to declassify all this shit for everybody to see?? I think we are all in for a big disappointment when the declassified tidbits come out.

Wake me up when someone, anyone is doing a perp walk! Even some low level piece of shit!
I want to see major players going down while at the same time Trump is giving a national broadcast address naming names and what they did while on a split screen Comey, Brennan and Hillary and Clapper,Strozk and Page are all getting cuffed and stuffed! Mad What are the chances of something like this even remotely happening? I think we all know the answer to that.

Good lord SDY how do you keep your head buried so deep in this shit and keep your sanity!?!? Bless your heart for doing it but damn dude you're going to need some counseling when this is over with! Oh wait this entire charade has no ending it's perpetual motion! Good luck....

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8530 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The coup d’etat will continue.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post