SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
<snip>
That is absolutely ridiculous. Looks like they sent in Seal Team 6 to arrest a 66 year old man that they could have just told to turn himself in. Instead they manufacture this nonsense and leak it to CNN so they can be onsite with cameras rolling. Perfect illustration of what this really is.

I had high hopes for Wray. No longer. I don’t know of a single good thing he’s done since being confirmed. When Barr is confirmed I hope he calls Wray about this stunt.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nothing has ever been about finding collusion, Russian meddling, nothing, It has always been about optics, making Trump appear to be guilty of anything they can. creating problematic situations and insinuating that his team and POTUS lacking political experience are inept.

Its designed to discourage anyone like him, meaning an outsider from running for any office ever again because the normal pitfalls and traps of being a politician are designed just to do that, keep new people out.

A union or association with more rules and protocols that the uninitiated wouldn't dream of to catch upstarts and shut them down before they get through.

It's about destroying the machine that pulled off the upset of Hillary, it's a revenge game and an intimidation game, making sure that forever more anyone with talent and knowledge will never work to help another "Trump".

Money and Power, and the press is complicit in perpetuating this because clicks are cash...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Money and Power, and the press is complicit in perpetuating this because clicks are cash...

Yep.
The "uniparty" establishment politicians and bureaucrats operate in unison to protect "the game" which leads to Money and Power for themselves, and nothing but more debt for We The People.

I wish Trump would use this shutdown to permanently RIF a large portion of them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Roger Stone, a former longtime confidant of Donald Trump, insisted Friday afternoon that he is innocent of a string of criminal charges brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller - and said he would never turn on the president.

'I will plead not guilty to the charges. I will defeat them in court. I believe this is a politically-motivated investigation. '

He added: 'There is no circumstance whatsoever under which I will bear false witness against the president, nor will I make up lies to ease the pressure on myself…”

https://mol.im/a/6631785

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This is a show trial, a public lynching of conservative political upstarts or those who ally with them.

Show Trials are used to validate the existence of the team (Mueller), it works because many in the public simply read the titles, look at the pictures, and scan over the micro details provided by the press.

Its done to establish validation of the existing regime, not find truth, not enforce law and to influence future elections.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
so after Mueller's raid on Stone's house while it was still dark, Stone is released on bail with no payment required

https://thehill.com/policy/nat...eleased-on-250k-bond

A federal magistrate judge on Friday ruled that longtime GOP operative and President Trump associate Roger Stone is not a flight risk and can be released on a $250,000 signature bond.

NBC News reported that the judge determined during Stone’s first appearance in federal court after his arrest Friday morning that he could be released.

CNN reported that Stone told the judge that he does not have a current passport, as his is expired. He will also not have to pay any money as part of the bond, as long as he appears during all upcoming court proceedings.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The brave men and women of the FBI in their daring mission to take down Roger Stone (extreme sarc)

a real resume builder

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The brave men and women of the FBI in their daring mission to take down Roger Stone

They've already forced him to spend every nickel he had on his defense... now they have to humiliate him.
Eventually, the charges will probably be dropped, but he will still be broke and likely unemployable.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
One just has to compare and contrast with the way the FBI treated Hillary and her co-conspirators to see that there are two sets of rules depending on one's political leanings. Shameful, really.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
This is very odd.

Heavily armed agents handcuffed and leg cuffed this old man and 2 hours later he is released on a signature bond.

Pretty overplayed eh?

I am kinda surprised there were no shots fired, you know someone wanted that.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Absolutely shameful.

And yet the FBI can't figure out why people are loosing respect for them.

I think they just don't give a shit.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Until they clean house, I cannot believe anything the FBI says or does is any way good for the country.

It's their fault I feel like this, not mine.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

That is absolutely ridiculous. Looks like they sent in Seal Team 6 to arrest a 66 year old man that they could have just told to turn himself in. Instead they manufacture this nonsense and leak it to CNN so they can be onsite with cameras rolling. Perfect illustration of what this really is.

Let's not forget that in 2 years and with roughly 27 million spent so far they've only been able to bring charges on things that were discovered as part of the original investigation. I really don't like that they have that additional investigatory power. If they find something out of the core mission they should turn it over to the regular FBI and let them decide to chase it or not...

27 million... I know, just a rounding error. We should have people in the streets with pitchforks and hot tar...

They only have that "power" because the swamp critters let them get away with it. That BS should never have been started! And just what the hell is happening about all that lying to the FISA court to get warrants? Again, not a damned thing. In my view about half the DOJ and most of the "management" level needs to be summarily FIRED!

And the DOJ still continues to run cover for the hildabeast!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How deep is the treason we are seeing? Top to bottom corruption of our country’s Law enforcement agency’s?

This shit could make a good movie?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I am kinda surprised there were no shots fired, you know someone wanted that.

They keep this kind of shit up and one of these days that's exactly what's going to happen.

This gestapo crap is utterly shameful.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Until they clean house, I cannot believe anything the FBI says or does is any way good for the country.

I have been wondering for a while now about what it would take to restore my sense of trust and respect in the FBI. Less than 3 years ago that trust level was very high.

As this Mueller persecution and railroad job continues on, and more evidence of a wide spread conspiracy to frame Donald Trump keeps appearing, I am coming to the sad conclusion that I will never trust the FBI again in my lifetime.

Some time ago I posted my opinion that FBI Dir Wray's highest priority should be restoring public trust in the FBI.

Unfortunately he has acted w Rosenstein to keep the corruption hidden from the public.

I don't have the answer, but I suspect the only way that trust can be reestablished is to break the FBI up into smaller groups and take away some of their overall authority.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Supposedly a temporary end to the shutdown is going to be announced right about now.

Goddam it, it looks like Trump caved and is not getting wall funding. Mad

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Quarter million $$$ bond cases are usually no knock warrants in the dark, and the door comes down. Not, "hey we're the FBI, come on out Rocky".
The circus continues.

Posts: 3593 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Let's wait until we hear words come out of his mouth. Then we'll see what direction this goes.

Speculation just gets your BP up.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Okay, temporary 3 week opening. Just enough to get past the super bowl

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Listening live... he's doing great.

-rduckwor