SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I'm watching the Presidential Campaign Rally in Florida on Fox News now.

He is on a roll .... looking very Presidential.

Looking Very Strong and Articulate.

Make America Great Again =====> Keep America Great

Looks like the campaign slogan may change...

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Judge rules House can pretty much subpoena anything they want on Trump, and refuses to stay ruling until appeal. His accounting firm has seven days to produce records.

Legal beagles, can they appeal before day seven and avoid turning over his private information for the world to dissect?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Shortly after the decision was made public, Trump told reporters outside the White House it would be appealed.

“It’s totally the wrong decision by, obviously, an Obama-appointed judge,” Trump said. Mehta was nominated to the bench in 2014 by President Barack Obama.

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Judge rules House can pretty much subpoena anything they want on Trump, and refuses to stay ruling until appeal. His accounting firm has seven days to produce records.

Legal beagles, can they appeal before day seven and avoid turning over his private information for the world to dissect?

Well if Trump is eventually forced to release personal documents I hope he holds the dimwits that end up leaking them to the press personally responsible and extracts a few pounds of flesh.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1493 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

When this country finally implodes and squares off against itself, I hope all these judges are only second in life to politicians to be removed 'permanently' from the planet. There is no greater threat to the future of this country than the current judiciary.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That judge's reasonings for his ruling sound like complete nonsense to me.

quote:

The judge continued: “It is simply not fathomable that a Constitution that grants Congress the power to remove a President for reasons including criminal behavior would deny Congress the power to investigate him for unlawful conduct—past or present—even without formally opening an impeachment inquiry."

Seriously? So Congress, absent any evidence of a crime, can without restraint go search for one until they find it. What else would one expect from a commie judge I suppose...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

quote:

The judge continued: “It is simply not fathomable that a Constitution that grants Congress the power to remove a President for reasons including criminal behavior would deny Congress the power to investigate him for unlawful conduct—past or present—even without formally opening an impeachment inquiry."

Seriously? So Congress, absent any evidence of a crime, can without restraint go search for one until they find it. What else would one expect from a commie judge I suppose...

Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The Constitution no longer rules this country. The political party in charge of the judges interpreting the Constitution is ruling this country.

This is a sad time

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t comply.

I’d start leaking all the dirt, the Congress critters and house stooges have committed. Affairs, sexual texts, dirty back room deals to screw over their constituents...every bad thing they have every done. Their taxes, their addresses, their kids getting onto fancy schools they couldn’t get into except for daddy’s name...I’d burn it all down.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So Barr appointed a prosecutor out of Connecticut. Doesn’t that mean any grand jury’s would be seated with Connecticut residents? The state that went heavily for Clinton? WTF.

Why not appoint a prosecutor from Texas and seat a GJ in Texas?

I heard a Fox interview with Bartiromo and a few other guests with Napolitano (I know) and he said this prosecutor may only be preparing a report - that is, he has no prosecutorial authority in the matter. Surely that’s bullshit. Nap said the LE community in DC sticks together.

I don’t buy the crap from Nap but what about the Connecticut GJ thing?

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

quote:

His dishonor seems a political hack. Dishonor, with all disrespect intended, you can kiss it.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I wouldn’t comply.

I’d start leaking all the dirt, the Congress critters and house stooges have committed. Affairs, sexual texts, dirty back room deals to screw over their constituents...every bad thing they have every done. Their taxes, their addresses, their kids getting onto fancy schools they couldn’t get into except for daddy’s name...I’d burn it all down.
That is perfection sir. Hope I live to see the day.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
What the Mueller report tells us about Putin, Russia and Trump's election
BY PAUL RODERICK GREGORY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 05/21/19 02:00 AM EDT

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/opinion/wh...-and-trumps-election

Interesting article here.

Skipping to the end..... we find the conclusions:

"What does this all mean?

Real Kremlin insiders — not Steele’s anonymous “trusted officials” — reveal that Putin did not share the elation of his security officers and of the Russian people with respect to the unexpected election of Donald Trump. No conspiracy structure was in place. Putin had no idea how to create either a formal or a back channel to the Trump team, and he warned his oligarchs to get ready for more sanctions under Trump. He “suggested” that his oligarchs open up back channels, but his low expectation of success turned out to be correct.

Even The New York Times has admitted that the Steele dossier could be a Kremlin disinformation campaign to “hedge their bets and place a few land mines under Trump’s presidency as well.” Yet, the Times’ recognition of that does not answer why the Kremlin would sabotage the candidate it wanted so much to win.

As I have written on numerous occasions, Putin’s main objective in 2016 was to discredit U.S. democracy — to convince the Russian people that his flawed “managed democracy” was superior to the corrupt American electoral circus. He just might have a case with a make-believe dossier funded by the opposition candidate that has paralyzed the U.S. political system for more than two years."

Picture of Ianfiniti
posted Hide Post
quote:

I fail to see how this is in any way enforceable. The arm of government responsible for enforcement IS the executive, who is going to enforce records being turned over if they decide not to comply? The judiciary is, in theory, equal in power to the other two branches anyway, and as such has no inherent authority over either to my mind, similar to how the president doesn't order the Congress to adopt certain laws and the Congress doesn't order judges to interpret things a certain way.

O, here will I set up my everlasting rest and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace and lips, of you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss. Here's to my love.

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Today, our old friend Brennan speaks to the House Democrats about Iran, and the old nuclear agreement.

AP sources: Former CIA chief Brennan to brief Dems on Iran
By LISA MASCARO
May 19, 2019

AP > https://www.apnews.com/4d40602...4514842a336683d42096

Did his security clearance actually get revoked?

I thought so, but the AP story seems to question it.

From the article:
"The invitation to Brennan and Wendy Sherman, a former State Department official and top negotiator of the Iran nuclear deal, offers counterprogramming to the Trump administration’s closed-door briefing for lawmakers also planned for Tuesday on Capitol Hill. Democratic lawmakers are likely to attend both sessions."
"The president last year said he was revoking the former spy chief’s security credentials after Brennan was critical of Trump’s interactions with Russian President Vladimir Putin at a summit in Helsinki. Top national security officials often retain their clearance after they have left an agency as a way to provide counsel to their successors. It’s unclear if Brennan actually lost his clearance."

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I wouldn’t comply.

I'm yer huckleberry...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've said for a while now Trump's biggest challenge is going to be from the media.
Not one in particular but all of them collectively "colluding".
Not to be taken lightly.
If Fox goes then we are in trouble. Frown
I still think we will prevail this time.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In an Ultrafast Decision, An Obama Judge Immediately Rules That Trump May Not Block Congressional Harassment Efforts to Dig Into His Taxpayer Records

Congress has no authority -- none-- to conduct a criminal investigation.

That's an Executive branch function.

But even assuming that Congress may exercise its pretend "oversight" function and it needs Trump's tax records to do that -- how the hell can it demand his private taxpayer records when he was a private individual with no connection to the US government?

That's what they did -- they demanded his last eight years of tax records.

He's only been a president for two, and he was only running for president since June of 2015 or so.

So now the Congressional Democrats can just demand private citizen tax records when they want to conduct a lawless vigilante invasion of privacy?

Indeed, says another Obama appointee -- in record time, as Mark Levin pointed out.

A federal judge on Monday upheld a congressional subpoena seeking President Donald Trump’s financial records from an accounting firm, arguing that Congress is well within its rights to investigate potential illegal behavior by a president -- even without launching a formal impeachment inquiry.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta's ruling delivers a striking blow to the president's efforts to resist Democratic investigations, and is certain to give Democrats further legal basis to investigate Trump, his finances, and his presidential campaign.

In addition to upholding the House Oversight and Reform Committee’s subpoena to accounting firm Mazars USA for eight years of Trump's financial records, Mehta took the extra step of denying the president's request for a stay pending appeal.

In other words, he took the decision out of the hands of the Appeals Court by saying that the firm must turn over the records before the appeals court has had a chance to check his ruling.

Jay Sekulow, one of the president's personal attorneys, said: "We will be filing a timely notice of appeal to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals."

But unless the Circuit Court issues its own emergency stay, then this appeal will be moot -- this Obama judge has rigged the game to get the records to Democrats before the appeal.

Meanwhile, Trump has directed his former WH counsel Don McGahn to ignore the Democrat congressional subpeona.

"The Department of Justice has provided a legal opinion stating that, based on long-standing, bipartisan, and Constitutional precedent, the former Counsel to the President cannot be forced to give such testimony, and Mr. McGahn has been directed to act accordingly," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement sent to reporters.

The White House letter to House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler was signed by Pat Cipollone, the current counsel to the president, citing the Justice Department’s advice based on executive privilege.

The DOJ's own Office of Legal Counsel wrote a memo declaring this to be their understanding of constitutional law.

In an opinion released Monday, the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Counsel ruled that former White House counsel Donald McGahn is "not legally required" to testify to Congress on matters related to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report.

"The immunity of the President’s immediate advisors from compelled congressional testimony on matters related to their official responsibilities has long been recognized and arises from the fundamental workings of the separation of powers," the opinion stated.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/381402.php

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24046 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
With the economy and jobs doing so well, one hopes that those that crossed to vote for Trump and those that were undecided and voted for him are sickened and fed up with the DC game.

The ones we have to fear losing votes from probably are the far right folks who take everything literally such as the wall and don't vote since the walls not done, or some other promise that takes congress working with POTUS to finish. Won't be long they'll be singing their typical song.

Since it's simply power play by the left, they lost, they want it back badly and they'll hurt anyone that gets in their way that these voters and many more decide that they deserve to lose again, and again and again until the process is fixed.

I've seen some pretty crazy things politically over my life, nothing as vicious and vile as what congress is doing to interfere with the ability of the administration to work.

Not even Nixon was treated this badly.

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post