SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Well played Mr. President Cool

So...as soon as the President states his idea about sending the invaders to Sanctuary cities the 9th Circuit Court lifts the order about them being held in Mexico.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals temporarily lifted an order suspending the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), a Trump administration policy that requires Central American asylum-seekers to remain in Mexico before their appearance in immigration court.

Though the Friday evening stay is not indicative of the government’s future prospects in this case, it was a rare victory for an administration that has often struggled before the left-leaning court.

“Finally, great news at the border!” President Donald Trump tweeted Friday night.

Former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen began implementing the MPP in December 2018 following negotiations with the Mexican government. The government claimed the program was authorized by a provision of federal law allowing the attorney general to return aliens arriving from neighboring countries.

The provision provides: “In the case of an alien…who is arriving on land from a foreign territory contiguous to the United States, the attorney general may return the alien to that territory,” pending further proceedings before an immigration judge.

A coalition of immigrant advocacy groups sued, arguing the MPP deprives migrants of “a meaningful opportunity to seek asylum” since they are returned to violent areas without resources to fully prepare their case.

U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg agreed, and issued a preliminary injunction against the government on Monday. He also found the government may have violated the Administrative Procedure Act (APA) which sets standards for the issuance of new government rules. The injunction, which applied across the entire nation, was set to take effect Friday night.

In its emergency motion for a stay of Seeborg’s order, the government emphasized that the MPP is a lawful component of a new security and foreign policy strategy assembled in view of the escalating crisis on the southern border.

The 9th Circuit’s temporary stay will remain in effect for a matter of days, pending full resolution of the government’s motion.

The administration hopes the Migrant Protection Protocols will deter meritless asylum-seekers while clearing a backlog of asylum applications that is approaching one million.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...ylum-seekers-mexico/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Bald1, I don't think he's playing them. I think he's serious as hell. Good move Mr. President!

You're misinterpreting my comment. Yes of course he's serious but his approach is outstanding in that he's also playing with them... pulling their chains...forcing them to expose their hypocrisy.

Bald1, I think where in vehement agreementBig Grin Thanks for the tweet posts, I don't follow tweets unless someone thinks their important enough to post. LMAO after reading them.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Go get 'em Mr Prez! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Apparently, Rep. Ilhan Omar is complaining about a video Trump put on Twitter.
She claims she is getting death threats.

To be consistent, she should have said that some people called her and said some things.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
re: several days recent Trump twitters:'

I've wondered why the date has been "4-19" for several days running now?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
re: several days recent Trump twitters:'

I've wondered why the date has been "4-19" for several days running now?

Looks to me like 13-Apr-19, but the (MP) are covering the 13.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Apparently, Rep. Ilhan Omar is complaining about a video Trump put on Twitter.
She claims she is getting death threats.

To be consistent, she should have said that some people called her and said some things.

gee

in the words of the immortal Fats Domino

Ain't that a Shame

couldn't have happened to a nicer person - I hope they increase

she's a blight on humanity

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
she's a blight on humanity

As are the rest of the animals in her cult.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Lady with TDS loses her shit in the post office. Her target? A racist Mexican American. The left is absolutely nuts.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The president has some advice for Boeing...They would probably do well to listen.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...lic-thursday-n994571

Special counsel Robert Mueller's redacted report on the Russia investigation and President Donald Trump is expected to be made public Thursday morning , the Justice Department said Monday.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
House Democrats demand documents on Trump administration's 'bizarre and unlawful' proposal to release migrants in sanctuary cities

You notice whenever the Dems say anti-immigrant and accuse Trump of being a hybrid between Trump and Hitler the leave out one word *illegal*? He's not anti-immigrant he's anti-illegal immigrant. There's a huge distinction. I can't stand these duplicitous fucks. Pelosi hails from the preeminent sanctuary City, but your money where your mouth is.

I think Trump's next step is to go to the mayors of these sanctuary cities, in a very public way, and ask for volunteers to take them. Tell them, look you want these people, and we don't want them released randomly, we want them to go where they are welcome. Tell them that this is the compassionate thing to do if they care about these illegal aliens is to welcome them in, get their shots and check ups done, and find them housing/employment. Tell them this is their time to shine and make the ultimate virtue signal.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Trump's next step is to go to the mayors of these sanctuary cities, in a very public way, and ask for volunteers to take them.

Hell no! Do not ask those assholes a damn thing. Just start trucking/bussing the illegals into the cities and counties, drop them off at the city hall.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just bus them in and let them go

thats what the dems did when they sent a shitload of Somali's to Lewiston, Maine if I recall

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
just bus them in and let them go

thats what the dems did when they sent a shitload of Somali's to Lewiston, Maine if I recall
And to Minnesota. ("Shitload" indeed!)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I hope the bus caravans start up soon - it might be just as cheap to put them on a military transport and just fly them up to San Francisco, Portland and Seattle