SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
After all, he did everything in his power to give us Hillary for Prez.

Not only that, but I was frequently disappointed by both Bushes.
Bush 41 squandered all the momentum of the conservative movement. The election of Reagan could have ushered in a lasting defeat of the left. People I know had worked hard for 20 years since Goldwater to make that happen.
Bush 41 wanted to be "kinder and gentler" and make nice with the Democrats.

They may have been Republicans, but neither Bush was a conservative.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bush 41 squandered all the momentum of the conservative movement.

I was sort of a fan of 41 until I saw him give a speech and actually use the phrase "New World Order" with such finality.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why was Acosta allowed back on WH grounds for the briefing - apparently the little prick didn't learn from taking 6 weeks off

I hope they cancel the briefings for another 6 weeks

what does CNN hope to gain by keeping this cretin on staff and why can't the WHY eject him as an undesirable?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“President Trump lobbed a new attack at Democrats he claims are 'anti-Jewish' and 'anti-Israel' on Tuesday morning, promoting a Jewish millennial group that's pushing people to leave the party.

Ex-Trump staffer and model Elizabeth Pipko, who revealed this year she secretly worked on the Republican's presidential campaign, had appeared on 'Fox & Friends' to talk about the 'Jexodus' movement and excoriate Democrats for policies she says hurt Jews.

'Obviously, we saw a lot of anti-Israel policies kind of start under the Obama administration, and it got worse and worse....There's antisemitism in the Democratic Party,' she said. 'They can hide it, they can do whatever they want. They failed to condemn it, and now it's there. It's time.'

The president escalated her claims in a tweet quoting that part of her appearance…”

https://mol.im/a/6799503

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rcuit-court-n2543074

The Senate confirmed President Trump’s judicial nominee Neomi Rao Wednesday to replace now-Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals with a vote of 53-46 along party lines. Rao, 45, was formerly the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.

Sens. Josh Hawley (R-MO) and Joni Ernst (R-IA) both voted to confirm her despite voicing concerns during the confirmation process over her past writings on date rape and her views on abortion.

Hawley dropped his concerns that she favored abortion after a “long discussion” with Rao. Ernst’s concerns were addressed by Rao in her testimony and a letter explaining her past writings.

In 1994, Rao wrote an op-ed in “The Yale Herald” that said “a woman, like a man, decides when and how much to drink. And if she drinks to the point where she can no longer choose, well, getting to that point was part of choice.”

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Judge Ellis in sentencing Paul Manafort:

Manafort was “not before this court for anything having to do with collusion with the Russian government to influence this election.”

In another case, Judge Jackson just sentenced Manafort to an additional 43 months

Judge Jackson: her ruling had zero to do w the question of collusion

Then , immediately after Jackson's sentencing, NY prosecutors charged Manafort with a new set of 16 counts related to mortgage fraud, conspiracy and falsifying business records.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Manafort has done plenty of bad things, but this is absurd w this endless prosecution.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then , immediately after Jackson's sentencing, NY prosecutors charged Manafort with a new set of 16 counts related to mortgage fraud, conspiracy and falsifying business records.

Just to make sure that he serves time in the big house, even if Trump pardons him for the federal crimes.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The Democrats are STILL frantically trying to get him to turn on Trump and bring him down and they think NY State is the way they are going to do that.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The Democrats are STILL frantically trying to get him to turn on Trump and bring him down and they think NY State is the way they are going to do that.

I think they more likely just hate him and want him to die in jail.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

Worth going to the link to read the many comments of those who, like me, are bitterly disappointed in W’s behavior after leaving office.

My disappointment began in the last 1.5 years or so of his second term. I think he is inherently a good man but father and all the money people put a ton of pressure on him.

It will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few years about 41 and his involvement in the swamp and how that affected W

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Apologies for the late Joey D segment.

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former US Attorney to the District of Columbia

MANAFORT SENTENCING: Paul Manafort Sentenced to 47 Months in Prison. Paul Manafort has been sentenced to 47 months in prison for for bank fraud, tax fraud and other financial crimes. Judge T.S. Ellis handed down the sentence Thursday afternoon in a Federal court in Alexandria, VA.
"I think this sentence says a lot more about Judge Ellis than it does about Paul Manafort." JOHN BRENNAN on Manafort's 47 month sentencing on Hardball.
MUELLER REPORT:
ABC News’ Terry Moran: Media, Democrats Face ‘Reckoning’ If Mueller Finds No Collusion: "That's a reckoning for progressives and Dems who hoped that Mueller would essentially erase the 2016 election. It's a reckoning for the media. It’s a reckoning around the country if in fact after all this time there was no collusion"
House Democrats are fast-tracking a resolution aimed at putting pressure on Justice Department officials to make Robert Mueller's final report available to Congress and to the public. (Politico) -- House Democrats are fast-tracking a resolution aimed at putting pressure on Justice Department officials to make special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report available to Congress and to the public. The House Rules Committee will consider the resolution on Monday, bypassing the House Judiciary Committee and setting up a quick vote on the floor. The measure is nonbinding but it reflects Democrats’ efforts to encourage the Justice Department to disclose Mueller’s highly anticipated findings to the public in some form.
HOLDER WANTS SEATS ADDED TO THE SUPREME COURT: Eric Holder said that the next Democratic president should "seriously" consider adding additional seat to the Supreme Court should they be elected alongside a Democratic majority in the Senate, The Daily Beast reports. Former Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday that the next Democratic president should “seriously” consider adding additional seats to the United States Supreme Court should they be elected alongside a Democratic majority in the Senate. The comments came during a discussion Holder held with the Yale Law National Security Group. There was no recording of the event and only a snippet of what Holder said was tweeted out publicly. But a spokesman for Holder confirmed to The Daily Beast that he did embrace the idea of court-packing.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14...nquiry-may-be-ending

Top Mueller Prosecutor Stepping Down In Latest Clue Russia Inquiry May Be Ending

One of the most prominent members of special counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating Russia's attack on the 2016 presidential election will soon leave the office and the Justice Department , two sources close to the matter tell NPR.

Andrew Weissmann , the architect of the case against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, will study and teach at New York University and work on a variety of public service projects, including his longstanding interest in preventing wrongful convictions by shoring up forensic science standards used in courts, the sources added.

The departure is the strongest sign yet that Mueller and his team have all but concluded their work.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

leaving the justice department too.

"long standing interest in preventing wrongful convictions" what a joke

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

His leaving will follow the departure of the senior-most FBI agent working on the Mueller probe, who has taken his own next step. Special Agent in Charge David Archey started a new job on March 4 as head of the FBI's office in Richmond, Va.

Earlier this month, another special counsel prosecutor, Brandon Van Grack, moved on to lead a Justice Department effort to enforce compliance with the Foreign Agents Registration Act, a law that has become the subject of intense interest following charges against Manafort, his right-hand-man Richard Gates, and former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn.

And WilmerHale, the law firm that Mueller and several other prosecutors left to help create the special counsel team, is preparing for the return of some of its onetime law partners, three lawyers have told NPR in recent weeks.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Context, please. How are we to know what that refers to?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
It was Trump's response to the Senate's passing the bill revoking his emergency declaration regarding the border by a vote of 59-41.

It bothers the crap out of me that 12 Republican senators who never took action against any previous declaration of an emergency by any other president, suddenly decided to screw Trump on his signature issue and hand the Democrats another talking point. You can bet that Rubio is going to hear from me.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Interesting 3 minute video by reporter Joe Posobiec.
He says Andrew Weismann resigned because Barr asked to see what Mueller has on targets in the probe.
After seeing what they had on Don Jr and some others Weismann wanted to continue fishing about, Barr shut Weismann down, hence Weisman's resignation.

https://www.whatfinger.net/sin...-Muellers-fake-probe

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Yeah, it is in regards to the resolution passed by congress to block President Trump's national emergency declaration to fund the wall.

It is also Trump's first ever veto.

Trump clearly has the Constitional authority to do this which was even given to him by Congress, and now they try to stop him. They should change the law if they don't want Presidents to use the power that they gave him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see all 12 of them replaced.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for Trump to declare the republican party dead and form a new party. I am just so sick of these republican senators.

I would veto everything that comes out of the Senate for the next year and a half and not support any incumbent that is running in 2020.

Time to take the gloves off and start giving it to the assholes.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Haha his thoughts on Beto, "He has a lot of hand movement. Is he crazy or is that just the way he acts?”

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post