SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
“House Judiciary Committee chairman Rep. Jerold Nadler was forced to miss Tuesday's House Rules Committee hearing as he rushed home to tend to his wife amid what was described as a family emergency.

Nadler, 72, last week shepherded through two impeachment articles after overseeing fractious televised hearings. Early Monday morning, Nadler's committee released a 658-page report calling for Trump's impeachment and laying out the Democratic case.

'We are all keeping him and his family in our thoughts and prayers,' said Rules chairman Rep. Jim McGovern of Massachusetts, [I’m not] as he informed lawmakers that Nadler would not be attending the last high-profile committee meeting before impeachment hits the floor Wednesday…”

https://mol.im/a/7802247

First Schiff could not present the case to the Judiciary Committee.Now Nadler is out on family leave at this crucial juncture. Just a coincidence I am sure

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
President Trump has sent a six page letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi, with a cc: to the entire House and Senate, angrily opposing the impeachment charade being waged against him.

In it, he calls the impeachment effort an "illegal, partisan attempted coup," and that he doesn't expect her or the Democrats to change their minds, "“I write this letter to you for the purpose of history and to put my thoughts on a permanent and indelible record.”

I am unable at this time to copy the full text here, but you can read it for yourself here.

Everyone needs to read this letter. I can see input from his attorneys, but this was clearly written by a very angry and determined President Trump. It is wonderful to have a president that fights back for a change.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Slowly but surely, President Trump is getting rid of these career assholes. If these anti Trumpers
Had the least bit of integrity, they would have been honest with the President and admitted, sir, I’m not a team player, I need to resign. At least I could respect that. The swamp is coast to coast.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
President Trump just signed an Executive Order giving (most) federal employees Christmas Eve off. Merry Christmas from the President! Smile

Article here.

In a surprise move, President Trump on Tuesday signed an executive order granting most federal employees an extra day off on Christmas Eve:

"All executive departments and agencies of the Federal Government shall be closed and their employees excused from duty on Tuesday, December 24, 2019, the day before Christmas Day.”

It was a gift few expected. Presidents do not typically grant extra vacation time when Christmas falls on a Wednesday. Christmas Eve is not a federal holiday.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yo. Catch my groove

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes! Cool

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 12/16/19

Apologies for being late. Snowblowing big ass driveways, taking daughter and soon to be born grandson to the doctor..

Description

INTERVIEW - JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia

UPCOMING IMPEACHMENT VOTE THIS WEEK: House leaders are preparing for a final impeachment vote, just as lawmakers are about to leave for the holiday break. Approval would set up a 2020 trial in the Senate. Votes on the two articles could come as soon as Wednesday, with a meeting to set debate rules already scheduled for Tuesday.
IMPEACHMENT TRIAL: Senate Democrats are proposing a weeks-long Senate impeachment trial, possibly including testimony from four new witnesses including John Bolton and Mick Mulvaney. Minority Leader Chuck Schumer proposed the structure for a “fair and honest” trial in a letter to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, an attempt to launch negotiations ahead of House voting this week.
COMEY SPEAKS: Comey Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About FBI’s Surveillance Abuse, But Downplays His Own Role In Bungled Case. James Comey said Sunday that he was “wrong” about the FBI’s handling of surveillance warrants against Carter Page, who the former FBI director acknowledged was “treated unfairly” by having his name leaked to the press as a suspected Russian agent. “He is right. I was wrong,” Comey said in an interview on “Fox News Sunday” in reference to the findings of Michael Horowitz, the Justice Department’s inspector general. “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace pressed Comey about Horowitz’s report, which found “significant inaccuracies” in the FBI’s applications for Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants against Page. Horowitz found that FBI agents and officials made 17 major errors or omissions in the FISA applications

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
More Democrat hypocrisy (is there any other kind?).

The House vote on impeachment tomorrow will include a vote by Rep. Alcie Hastings (D. FL), who has been enriching himself serving in Congress since 1993. "In 1988, the Democratic-controlled United States House of Representatives took up the case [accusations of bribery and racketeering], and Hastings was impeached for bribery and perjury by a vote of 413–3. He was then convicted on October 20, 1989, by the United States Senate, becoming the sixth federal judge in the history of the United States to be removed from office by the Senate. The Senate, in two hours of roll calls, voted on 11 of the 17 articles of impeachment. It convicted Hastings of eight of the 11 articles. The vote on the first article was 69 for and 26 opposed."(Source: Wikipedia)

So, let's just let that sink in for a moment...

An IMPEACHED, CONVICTED and REMOVED FROM OFFICE judge, later elected to office, will now cast a vote to impeach a president against which there is no reasonable evidence. No, he won't be asked to recuse himself, because, after all, that would be doing the right thing.

Then again, none of this farce has been the "right thing" from the beginning.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I am unable at this time to copy the full text here, but you can read it for yourself here.

Everyone needs to read this letter. I can see input from his attorneys, but this was clearly written by a very angry and determined President Trump. It is wonderful to have a president that fights back for a change.

I read it. It's great. All else I can say is, "wow!"

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Lying Schumer misquoting the constitution

McConnell: Senate Won't Help 'Sloppy Schiff's' Case, May Dismiss Impeachment After Opening Arguments

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-boost-sloppy-schiff

With the House about to pass articles of impeachment against President Trump, and the Senate firmly settled on a speedy, Biden-less 'trial' to acquit, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) suggested in a Tuesday morning speech that he will move to dismiss the articles immediately following opening arguments.

Responding to Monday demands by Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) that current and former White House officials testify, McConnell argued that Schumer was trying to make "Chairman Schiff's sloppy work more persuasive," according to Breitbart.

McConnell accused Schumer of going straight to the news media with his proposals rather than speaking to him in person, as Senate leaders had done in the past.

He also noted that Schumer had misquoted the Constitution. The Democrat leader had claimed the Constitution gave the Senate “sole Power of Impeachment,” whereas Article I, Section 3 actually states, “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.”

“We don’t create impeachments over here … we judge them,” he declared.

It was the House’s role to investigate, and to build a case. “If they fail, they fail! It’s not the Senate’s job to leap into the breach to search desperately for ways to get to guilty. That would hardly be impartial justice.”

The Senate would not, he said, participate in “new fact-finding” that House Democrats were “too impatient” to pursue. -Breitbart

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Trump will be responsible for choosing a permanent replacement for Taylor. His nominee will be subject to Senate confirmation.

How about Hunter Biden? Big Grin

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
1 of 3

The President Trump ltr to Pelosi is historic.

Will post it in full here. If admins think it is too long to post, pls let me know and I will delete

fpuhan, thanks for posting the link

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
2 of 3

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
3 of 3

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
That letter really pisses me off. This impeachment is such complete bullshit. Trump wants to fight and I want him to be able to. I want every word he wants heard to be heard.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Merely over 50% is required to impeach in the House? That's bullshit. How can that possibly guard against partisanship?

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to send it to a Senate trial requiring 2/3d majority to convict. The check is why would a bunch of partisan hacks put the country through this only to be embarrassed in the Senate trial? Hopefully they’ll pay for it at the polls. The other impeachments had real crimes at their origin nobody disputed.

Founding fathers also didn’t account for TDS...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Yep that letter is all Trump. A bit polished up by his lawyers and speech writers but you can hear his voice and attitude clearly.

I really think he needs to address the nation in a national broadcast in prime time over this mess and spell it out.

Mitch is still trying to steer the boat towards a quick Senate vote to be done with this and I now agree with this strategy. Trump has stated he will do whatever they (I assume he means Mitch and others) want.

I wonder how much he knows of what's going on with Durham and Barr? Trump may have some knowledge of what exactly is coming down the pike which allows him to let this go without a fight.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats an interesting idea - has President Trump ever done a national address since he was in office? I don't see a lot of TV these days but I don't recall reading of one

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Can someone lay out a time line of what is happening going forward with all this?

What are the actual upcoming processes and steps that will occur? This stuff is hard to keep up with. Basically, whats next?

Thanks

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post